CTD after crossing WETrigger

Jebbalon

Not sure how to track this down. I get a crash after crossing certain areas and looking in CK they are areas where a WETrigger is placed.

On the road below Karthwasten - Leaving Karthwasten if you go East (toward Rorikstead) there is trigger and if you go West (toward Markarth) there is another.
Another is below Fort Sungard - the intersection with road going south to Sunderstone Gorge.

Anyway, when crossing the trigger I can already see a character up ahead (I think it was M'aiq the Liar one time) shortly after it CTD.
I went through as much as I could in xEdit and found a couple things related to WEs but nothing that would cause crashes in my limited opinion.

If anyone can point me in a direction to figure this out that would be great!

1. load order won't help you. and frankly you wouldn't understand it.

2. Only thing I've found was the mod Skyrim Immersive Creatures SSE - It uses the WEncounters system. Not saying that it's the cause of my crashes, just saying it's one I found to use that system and that system is what is having problems.

3. IF I find more information I'll let the folks at SIC know.

4. Thanks - Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Jebbalon said:

1. load order won't help you. and frankly you wouldn't understand it.

@Jebbalon: How would you know that we wouldn't understand a load order if we haven't even seen it? That, and any other info is appreciated in spoiler tags e.g.- logs, cell co-ordinates, texture & mesh replacements, navmesh edits- that sort of thing. Even screenshots. Are the crashes near a cell border, for example?

I've got merges and mod files i'm working on, it barely makes sense to me when i look at it.

All I was asking for was some guidance on how to track down a WETrigger related issue. Wilderness Encounters are complicated - to me at least.

SIC ties into them and after uninstalling it today, then starting a new game I haven't had crash in same areas as above. For that mod, it could be a mesh issue on a creature that it is trying to spawn or some WE quest/script error. i don't know.

With that hopefully corrected - now I can proceed with the mods I'm working on.

Thanks

One thing you can make a good use of is the Papyrus log, just make sure you have enable the Papyrus logging in Skyrim.ini.

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

I've always had logging enabled, since i learned how in Oblivion.

I check them regularly also.
Nothing related to these crashes has shown up. It's not a crash log of course, just nothing related to WETriggers or Wilderness Encounters in general shows up in log.

If I get done with update to OBIS Patrols and really want to use SIC again I guess i'll delve into their use of the WE quest system. For now I'm not crashing and that was my goal.

Thanks