Ebony Blade Slower

kr4kenlegend

When i installed this patch, i've noticed that the Ebony Blade got slower attacking, very different from the vanilla one.

If i deactivate the patch, the sword gets back to normal.

Is it supposed to be like that? Or it's a bug?

Ebony Blade ID - 0004A38F

Possibly intentional since this is in the history of changes...

• Weapon speed on the Ebony Blade was missed when the adjustments were made to the other two handed swords. (Bug #12497)

vanilla ebony blade has stats all over the place from one handed and two handed. USLEEP fixes it to be a true two handed weapon for all relevant stats. If you prefer the ebony blade to be a weird mix (or just a fast two handed weapon), may i suggest looking for some unique item rebalance mods?

• 5 years later...

i want to point out 2 things firstly greatswords aren't bloody slow so this change really shouldn't have been made even though its a bug technically and secondly even though im not a sword expert a simple google search would tell you that greatswords arent much heavier than a long sword i wouldve actually suggested raising all the greatswords speeds to match the one handed swords or maybe make them like .8 speed but hey im not on the team so i just have to deal with this im not trying to be rude here im just pointing out a fact that many seem to miss

On 2/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, Dovah_Slayer said:

greatswords aren't bloody slow .... a simple google search would tell you that greatswords arent much heavier than a long sword 

The function of unofficial patches is not to make gear behave realistically.  The function of unofficial patches is to make gear behave consistent with Bethesda's vision.