Steam and Unofficial Skyrim Patches - what's the holdup?

Ek1

Steam's workshop has now been two years as the official channel for mods according to Bethesda. Would it be time to get the USP back to workshop?

What I gathered from the posts, the patch has grow too big to be uploaded to steam.

Why not simply break it to two patches and upload all five (vanilia + DLC's) to workshop or does the project lack a torch carrier in this issue?

Because I would like to help spread the great work the project has done.

Splitting up the USKP is not feasible. It's large enough at this point that it would require 3 separate packages. Which is entirely unmanageable. Too many people would only grab one of the 3 or 2 of the 3 and inevitably they'd all grab the wrong one of the 3 and get nothing at all out of it. Then blame us for breaking it.

That isn't the only problem though. The CK will not allow uploads for false esm files at all. So we can't put any of them up on Steam because of that and Bethesda is not going to patch the CK just to allow us and others like us to do this.

We didn't simply wake up one morning and declare the Workshop to be worthless. We had no choice in the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I would dare to say that (1/3) in the mod's name would make people to understand that its only 1/3 of the patch and thus seek for the rest of it.

Plus it would be interesting challenge to organize the splitting. I could conjure some kind of git magic thingy.

About the CK part I have no idea about the tech side so can't help in that part.

Does everything need to be inside this false flagged esm file? If not, even part of the patch could be delivered via workshop. Like Hearthfire, dragonborn and those patches at least.

Was hoping some kind of arrangement could be done to get best mod to the widest public. 

The unofficial patch will not be split into pieces as has been stated before. You have no idea of the complications involved. We are all volunteers and there are far better uses for our time than trying to triage the reports that we'd get from people not using the whole patch, and surely, those reports would come. If getting the patch from Nexus, or somewhere other than Steam Workshop, is too much to ask, then that is their loss.

• 2 weeks later...

While Bethesda may call it official, I and I'm sure many other players would disagree. The Nexus was always the go-to place for Oblivion mods and I feel this way with Skyrim.

The restrictions it has as well as noted is not helping its cause either.