game wont start on new game

nsm0220

40 minutes ago, smr1957 said:

Okay, I see it - downloaded it.  First, run LOOT or the mod sorter built into your mod manager.  That will get the mods more organized.  Though some things in the order may be changed, sorting and applying now will eliminate some of the more egregious errors (of which there are a lot, right now).  Once things are less jumbled, then we can fine tune the load order.

Once you do that, repost the load order - I know this is a little slow, but without sitting at your PC, that's the best we can do (if only they would invent that Star Trek transporter already!).

updated list.txt

Edited by nsm0220

Who was it that said warp speed again?

Spoiler

Those of us who do not use MO2 always encourage MO2 users to reach out to their forums, we do have some experienced MO2 users on board though. There shouldn't be any issue running LOOT through MO2, however, would this be any good for you?

1 minute ago, lmstearn said:

Who was it that said warp speed again?

Reveal hidden contents

Those of us who do not use MO2 always encourage MO2 users to reach out to their forums, we do have some experienced MO2 users on board though. There shouldn't be any issue running LOOT through MO2, however, would this be any good for you?

i just wanted to ask anyway the new file should be the new loot order

8 minutes ago, smr1957 said:

Ok, I downloaded the updated file - I am hitting the sack, so will check on it tomorrow (hopefully).

thanks for viewing it have a good night

Edited by nsm0220

I've been following along here but I have to say I'm still confused (no offense to Imstern and smr and their help).

The claim is, when you have JK's immensely popular mod Darkend in your load order, your game will not start, correct? Yet your last posted load order does not even indicate you have the mod installed. So that's really not helping anything.

Install the mod (check the link, make sure you have the SE version), and run Loot again. Then read what Loot has to tell you. According to other people on the mod page the mod needs cleaning in xEdit, so do that and check your game again. The mod has no dependancies and is contained in it's own world space so should have little to no impact on an existing game or a new game.

You also claim your game worked with it before so what did you do with your game before this started occuring?

updated list 2.txt

11 hours ago, Hana said:

I've been following along here but I have to say I'm still confused (no offense to Imstern and smr and their help).

The claim is, when you have JK's immensely popular mod Darkend in your load order, your game will not start, correct? Yet your last posted load order does not even indicate you have the mod installed. So that's really not helping anything.

Install the mod (check the link, make sure you have the SE version), and run Loot again. Then read what Loot has to tell you. According to other people on the mod page the mod needs cleaning in xEdit, so do that and check your game again. The mod has no dependancies and is contained in it's own world space so should have little to no impact on an existing game or a new game.

You also claim your game worked with it before so what did you do with your game before this started occuring?

well i uninstall it for now and i was at 214 before it happen again so far 4 mods cause the game not to start i reinstall darkend for the test the log is on the upper left corner

Edited by nsm0220

I checked through it, and as it stands, it appears to be okay, at least as to the mods that I am familar with.  The one thing that I notice is that you have Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (CACO) towards the bottom of your load order - in my build it is near the top, however, that may not be significant, as I do a lot of editing to my files, and, as CACO is one of my core mods, I always load it amongst the first batch of mods.  Of course, with a load order with as many plugins as you have, it does make things more difficult to troubleshoot, hence why I merge many of my mods and do not use a lot of .esl files where it is avoidable - it just makes things a whole loot easier to look through when there are not so many plugins to sort through.  But, unless you are experienced, it is probably best not to merge (and using an automated merge program other than the xEdit script is not recommended - too much goes wrong when using them).

Listen to what Hana and lmstearn have to say as well - between the three of us, you are in very good hands (talking about a ton of experience amongst us - if there is something that can possibly go wrong with a build, we've probably seen it).

Edited by smr1957

should i merge the esl files to help as for the darkend mod should i turn it off until this gets fixed

Edited by nsm0220

ESL files cannot be merged in xEdit - unless they have been reconverted to regular ESPs - and that is not recommended.  Indeed, as I mentioned, merging itself is not recommended unless a person has the necessary knowledge and experience in the use of xEdit and in the creating of builds and the associated work necessary to make them totally stable (and merging using anything other than the xEdit script - using an automated merge program or zEdit should NOT be done at all - there will be errors in all but the most basic and small merges - e.g. just a handful of mods at most - and anyone who tells you differently is flat out wrong - I don't care who they are).

On 3/19/2023 at 5:03 PM, smr1957 said:

ESL files cannot be merged in xEdit - unless they have been reconverted to regular ESPs - and that is not recommended.  Indeed, as I mentioned, merging itself is not recommended unless a person has the necessary knowledge and experience in the use of xEdit and in the creating of builds and the associated work necessary to make them totally stable (and merging using anything other than the xEdit script - using an automated merge program or zEdit should NOT be done at all - there will be errors in all but the most basic and small merges - e.g. just a handful of mods at most - and anyone who tells you differently is flat out wrong - I don't care who they are).

i see i was trying to help so let me know what mods i should put in order so far mods icow blackthorn cray and stone deposits the hanging gardens darkend winterhold restored rigmor and cofwi the brotherhood of old open citys skyrim are cause the game not to start beyond the main menu mods immersive citizens cause the game to hang up in the loading screen so now i gone though my mod list on want works and what doesn't loot log updated 3.txt

Edited by nsm0220

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the new load order. The biggest issue I see right away is that you have many .esp files interspersed with .esm files - unless those .esps are flagged as an .esm by the mod author, they should all be AFTER any .esm files.

Also, you have a lot of mods that are not indicated with a load order number - why is that?  Are they just not enabled and not being used in this current playthrough?  Are they somehow merged? (Which should not be done unless: 1 - you have the necessary knowledge and experience, and 2 - you already have a completely stable and CTD free build and have resolved all conflicts and compatibility issues already in xEdit.)

i turn those off the 8 and the armor clothing and magic mods are merged in different merged files that were long time ago before all of this also i forgot to get rid some of not need mods been busy with battlefrield BC and the 2nd one severs are shutting down on dec 8

Edited by nsm0220

As to the mods that were merged some time ago (if I am understanding correctly), you should redo the merges - redoing merges is something that should be done when creating any new build, to ensure that the records are being properly linked to the correct Form IDs.  For merging mods, you should read through this: Merging Plugins  (from Steam's Special Edition forum's PINNED TOPIC Helpful Links and References, Section 4 - Modding the Game - and there is a lot of other useful information in Helpful Links and References, as well).

And there is no rush, as I have also been busy with other things as well - the important thing is that the game gets set up properly so when you do play it, there are no issues (or, at least, very minimal ones).

okay i test with ecm files go 1st i let you know if things are better aslo i get this esp but its mark as ecm should i not move those

Edited by nsm0220

That is correct - any .esp that is flagged as an .esm should be loading with the other .esm files, so if they are already grouped with the .esm plugins, they do not have to be moved.

20 minutes ago, nsm0220 said:

aslo what if any esl files are in the same area as ecms

That should be fine if they have been sorted there.

Though I would appreciate it if someone confirmed that - I avoid .esl plugins whenever possible, and only have like 50 or so in my build, all lower down for the most part.

Edited by smr1957

• 2 weeks later...

That's a highly progressed list of stack pointers - how much RAM does this load use?

HDT_SMP is up there - make any difference removing it?

3 hours ago, lmstearn said:

That's a highly progressed list of stack pointers - how much RAM does this load use?

HDT_SMP is up there - make any difference removing it?

i take a look at it

Is it this Obody or something else?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51084

With the time elapsed between posting, sounds like it crashes in the current location, not in others, something in this cell is triggering the script to doing something it shouldn't- check through data linked to the loc in XEdit for anything obvious, and try different combinations of skse dlls.

14 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Is it this Obody or something else?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51084

With the time elapsed between posting, sounds like it crashes in the current location, not in others, something in this cell is triggering the script to doing something it shouldn't- check through data linked to the loc in XEdit for anything obvious, and try different combinations of skse dlls.

the new version of obody how would i check the log in xedit