game wont start on new game

nsm0220

Sounds like a mod gone wrong, a list of mods in a spoiler would help. Is this a brand new game, or has one been started already, say, for example in the previous setup.

Try uninstalling all miods except the patch and Arthmoor's and try again.

The following from the dump might be garbage- looks like something is searching for a save file.

ispatched message.e 5 to plugin 37enersMy Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\\clean4.skseSH.txt...handle 32)dle 28)ndle 9)"

[RSP+5D8 ] 0x22097030CD9      (char*) "Mods are currently loaded. Note: Achievements are disabled.  Do you wish to continue loading this save?"

Check the files in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\ - (unrelated: even a general disk file check wouldn't harm).

thanks for the help i post my loot as a file if that okay its stuck at loop at the main menu after hitting new game aslo how would get into that clean4.skseSH.txt file

Edited by nsm0220

For that heavy load order, and the type of mods you have, you'll never make it through a vanilla start, I suggest you get Alternate Start - Live Another Life.

What mod manager are you using? Is it giving you any indications of missing masters? Or any other warnings?

Try disabling your bashed patch and start. It can often times cause issues if not done right.

Definitely what Hana posted, above.  And, if you are still having issues even when using Alternate Start, really the best way to determine what is wrong is to do an old fashion troubleshoot of your build.  While many people recommend using a crash logger, unless a person knows how to read them, they are not much use - and even if a person does know how to read them, they still are often of little use; troubleshooting the traditional way, while it may seem like more trouble or like it would take longer, is often the quickest and most effective method to use.  Follow this general outline for how to troubleshoot your build: Troubleshooting Your Load Order (from Steam's SSE forum PINNED TOPIC, Helpful Links and References, Section 5 - General Troubleshooting)

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Hana said:

For that heavy load order, and the type of mods you have, you'll never make it through a vanilla start, I suggest you get Alternate Start - Live Another Life.

What mod manager are you using? Is it giving you any indications of missing masters? Or any other warnings?

Try disabling your bashed patch and start. It can often times cause issues if not done right.

i use both mo2 and nexus aslo live another life dint make a dent plus when loading a save it will ctd as well

Edited by nsm0220

34 minutes ago, nsm0220 said:

i use both mo2 and nexus aslo live another life dint make a dent plus when loading a save it will ctd as well

In that case, you should troubleshoot the build as I described.  Just a quick question, did you ever uninstall any mods and keep playing?  That will cause issues - up to and including CTDs.  For more information about that, see: You CANNOT Remove Mods Mid-Playthrough (from the aforementioned Steam PINNED TOPIC Helpful Links and References, Section5 - General Troubleshooting)

Edited by smr1957

3 minutes ago, smr1957 said:

In that case, you should troubleshoot the build as I described.  Just a quick question, did you ever uninstall any mods and keep playing?  That will cause issues - up to and including CTDs.  For more information about that, see: You CANNOT Remove Mods Mid-Playthrough (from the aforementioned Steam PINNED TOPIC Helpful Links and References, Section5 - General Troubleshooting)

i did it was the old osex mods i installed from 2022 last year that what happen in fact thats why i wanted to do a new game

Edited by nsm0220

Why are you using two mod managers? Only use one. Mod Managers control your load order and using two is just asking for trouble.

1 minute ago, Hana said:

Why are you using two mod managers? Only use one. Mod Managers control your load order and using two is just asking for trouble.

Good catch!  I missed that!

okay i got new game work without unstilling it by disabling the mods what the next step i should do

Edited by nsm0220

57 minutes ago, nsm0220 said:

okay i got new game work without unstilling it by disabling the mods what the next step i should do

The next step is as per what is outlined in that link I provided about troubleshooting your load order - basically, add mods in small groups and test - after each successful test, make a save and install the next group of mods (and don't forget to include any needed patches).  Keep doing so until you hit a problem - if you do, then you know that the problematic mod is in the last group that you added in - so go back to the last save and start adding the mods individually.  This is all covered in the linked outline regarding troubleshooting that I provided - Troubleshooting Your Load Order.

The good news is that you got the game to launch!  Now to find the specific mod that is causing the issue.  Good luck!

Edited by smr1957

2 hours ago, smr1957 said:

The next step is as per what is outlined in that link I provided about troubleshooting your load order - basically, add mods in small groups and test - after each successful test, make a save and install the next group of mods (and don't forget to include any needed patches).  Keep doing so until you hit a problem - if you do, then you know that the problematic mod is in the last group that you added in - so go back to the last save and start adding the mods individually.  This is all covered in the linked outline regarding troubleshooting that I provided - Troubleshooting Your Load Order.

The good news is that you got the game to launch!  Now to find the specific mod that is causing the issue.  Good luck!

what i do is install the cbbc mods plus outfit mods those never cause any crashes then make 2 saves then i slowly add the vamp mods then once i comfrim add in the magic mods then add in the houses and world mods

It is best if you install according to the actual load order (or as close to it as possible), as that is the order in which the game will load them. So, if a mod would come later in the load order than some other mod or mods (excluding necessary patches or mods necessary to create your character), you do not want to load it to test until the other mods earlier in the order have been installed and tested.  In essence, you want to load in all the truly necessary mods before you load in the more optional ones (when I test, I use my previous builds as a template for the order in which to install the mods - of course, my builds are based upon the same "core" mods which I always use, so the procedure is somewhat more streamlined and simplified for me).

okay darkend was the cause but it makes no sense because i had it before and it never did this behavior is there a way to get it to stop fighting with the other mods

No it doesn't make sense, so it might just be a symptom and not the problem. It's very difficult to diagnose anything with such a large mod list, you could investigate any of the mods loaded after Darkend, what the requirements of these mods are, their compatibility with other mods, and whether they were properly ported to SSE.

These things take time, unfortunately. :(

well i did 10 mods after 150 and that when i saw that new game not loading after one at time from the 10 turn off that mod seem to stop that behavior

Then you would need to look at the mods that load in before Darkend, and are any of them new to this build that were not in your other builds where Darkend worked without issue.  Frankly, Darkend should be near the top of your load order (automated programs such as LOOT or equivalent built in load ordering tools are not the most reliable, especially when dealing with larger and more complex builds) - In my previous builds in which I had Darkend, I had it loading as approximately the 41st mod in slot number 29:

29 1d mannyDragonhead.esm (this is the last .esm)
30 1e VanillaOptimized.esp
31 1f FNIS.esp
32 20 FNISspells.esp
33 21 FNISSexyMove.esp
34 22 FNIS_PCEA2.esp
35 23 BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp
36 24 RSChildren.esp
37 25 SkyUI_SE.esp
38 26 Frostfall.esp
39 27 moonpath.esp
40 28 ForgottenCity.esp
41 29 Darkend.esp

Obviously, with SSE 1.6.640, there will be the 4 additional included content besides the original 3 DLCs, and if you have the full AE DLC, that is even more plugins (even if they are .ESLs) loading ahead of Darkend, so the number may not correspond, but Darkend should still be placed fairly soon after the last of your .esm files.

Edited by smr1957

i see i try to put it below the esm files one other thing do you put the esm files 1st and then the esp files

Edited by nsm0220

1 hour ago, nsm0220 said:

i see i try to put it below the esm files one other thing do you put the esm files 1st and then the esp files

Esm files (and those flagged as .esm even if they show .esp) always come first - the game won't allow an .esp to be placed before an .esm.  Just take your time; as lmstearn said, these things take time - and the more complex and involved the build, the more time it takes. But eventually things will get sorted out.  And we're here to help if and when necessary.

7 hours ago, nsm0220 said:

so if i post my loot order maybe you might help me where to put what in order 

Post it as you did in your first post (linked as an attachment) and I and others will be able to look at it.  Obviously, I (and others) will only be able to give general comments, as we cannot speak to mods which we have not used or do not know.  Still, for some major mods, just having a general idea should help.  However, for specific mods and how they relate to one another, the best tool to use is xEdit - but that requires considerable experience to use effectively, and if you do not currently have that experience, it won't be much help to you now.  If you wish to get a general idea of how to use xEdit in a practical manner, see this guide - Editing in xEdit - it will get you started with some of the more basic types of usage and editing. (Guide is from Steam SSE forum pinned topic Helpful Links and References, Section 4 - Modding the Game)

Keep in mind that while myself and others can help, the final actual troubleshooting, testing, and work will be up to you - but then too will be the enjoyment once everything is done!

Edited by smr1957

Okay, I see it - downloaded it.  First, run LOOT or the mod sorter built into your mod manager.  That will get the mods more organized.  Though some things in the order may be changed, sorting and applying now will eliminate some of the more egregious errors (of which there are a lot, right now).  Once things are less jumbled, then we can fine tune the load order.

Once you do that, repost the load order - I know this is a little slow, but without sitting at your PC, that's the best we can do (if only they would invent that Star Trek transporter already!).

Edited by smr1957