Getting Semi Random CTDs, no idea why

Dankster

Yea it would be impossible to revert to a save in which a mod wasn't installed in the first place since at about level 3 I installed a bunch of mods a wanted and did all the compatibly checking then, and uninstalled from there.  Unfortunately I don't have the willpower to do all of the dark brother hood again, most of the thieves guild, some main story, various side quests, and get my character back to level 22 just to pick up where I left off.  Literal days of researching and trouble shooting just to end up with a dead save game killed it for me.

Thank you for all the help it is extremely appreciated and I've learned quite a bit from this so again thank you.  <3

30 minutes ago, Dankster said:

Yea it would be impossible to revert to a save in which a mod wasn't installed in the first place since at about level 3 I installed a bunch of mods a wanted and did all the compatibly checking then, and uninstalled from there.  Unfortunately I don't have the willpower to do all of the dark brother hood again, most of the thieves guild, some main story, various side quests, and get my character back to level 22 just to pick up where I left off.  Literal days of researching and trouble shooting just to end up with a dead save game killed it for me.

Thank you for all the help it is extremely appreciated and I've learned quite a bit from this so again thank you.  <3

Well, at least if and when you do decide to play again, you now have it ready to go!  And glad to help!  Good luck!:clap:

15 hours ago, Dankster said:

OR im getting leftover stuff from the XP32 and FNIS conflicts despite the fact they were removed, that or some other uninstalled mod

I just want to point out the XPMSSE skeleton and FNIS do NOT conflict, they are made to compliment each other.

I don't see anything in your load order to indicate why you're even using FNIS (no animation mods) so my guess is for CBBE Body physics.

The important point here is that you run FNIS generator after you build the CBBE Body and that FNIS recognizes the XPMSSE skeleton and does not contain any warnings or errors or yes, odd things could happen from doing ordinary animations/movements.

yea I've actually been playing around with it a bit more and I'm starting to think it's the physics mod causing problems, it doesn't make much since that XPM and FNIS are conflicting, yet the logs show a lot of conflicts between the two, I'm gonna start a new save game with FNIS and XPM with no physics and see what happens

I'm convinced that this is impossible at this point dude, still getting crashes with no physics mod installed on a fresh save.  There is literally no way to know what is happening

Error: Unable to bind script CustomINISettingsControllerScript to Active effect 9 on  (00000014) because their base types do not match

Still getting this in logs before crash, I don't remember if you said it seems unrelated but it really does

I think you're focusing too much on the wrong things. As said before, the papyrus log is not a crash log, it's not telling you where the problems are. You can ignore it.

Let's start at the beginning:

1. What version is your game?
2. What mod manager are you using? Is it telling you of any conflicts in your mods?
3. What version of SKSE do you have installed?
4. What SKSE plugins do you have installed (because they typically aren't listed in load orders)
5. What other mods do you have installed that don't have plugins that typically aren't listed in load orders? (utilities, tools, textures)

For #4 and 5 it might be easier if you post pictures straight from your mod manager.

It may also be helpful to post your last SKSE.log found in My Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/SKSE folder.

There are only a scattering of hits for CustomINISettingsControllerScript via Google but it doesn't appear anyone actually nailed it down other than to confirm it's definitely not from a vanilla game.

There's even one previous thread that was posted here about it in 2018:

If this missing script is indeed related to the problem, nobody has figured out where it's coming from.

I'm on Skyrim SE 1.6.640, using vortex manager and not it doesn't say there are any conflicts, my script extender version is 2.2.3.

Here are the plugins, sorry I don't know a better way to send all of these

image.thumb.png.40a3676a091f531da5a9032fa6bd818a.pngimage.thumb.png.002d0161741847a884ba4dbf27e5d6c2.pngimage.thumb.png.92d284b17c9c19c59904bbb5d4c393e7.pngimage.thumb.png.e1dbd26469e961b3be381f184b3142d2.pngimage.thumb.png.13614bb4cc5f7760e2fd40fb884639c9.pngimage.thumb.png.3c0fc76d964390acb439e08374219071.pngimage.thumb.png.65554d10ec2f2611f37c8082007b0883.pngimage.thumb.png.3178df98f636250ba3730dd6f2385b7f.pngimage.thumb.png.1456ecda2c99bfd05dd6b1df6c7dd0bf.pngimage.thumb.png.b55d504685e990d8ea4b14edaf432bde.pngimage.thumb.png.4f443f539c5ec4121ed015dd0afc01a3.pngimage.thumb.png.40a3676a091f531da5a9032fa6bd818a.pngimage.thumb.png.85228c463fffa1c8744e23f7f9f31883.pngimage.thumb.png.97710f8fb1c2449809ea332ea5fffc60.pngimage.thumb.png.af129df25027322a6e542656ba506502.png

As for mods not listed in plugins...

Achievements Mods Enabler

Address Library

Enhanced Lights and FX

Face light plus

Painterly_HighResVanillaWarpaint

SkyUI-Away

SUEMR SSE with Bijin AIO Support

Those and Any of my RaceMenu Presets aren't listed in plugins but I believe that's it

Just now, Dankster said:

As for mods not listed in plugins...

Achievements Mods Enabler

Address Library

Face light plus

Painterly_HighResVanillaWarpaint

SkyUI-Away

SUEMR SSE with Bijin AIO Support

Those and Any of my RaceMenu Presets aren't listed in plugins but I believe that's it

I would have prefered to see your Vortex screenshots of the MODS tab so I could see version #'s, not the Plugins tab, but ok, this is what I see so far;

- According to the SKSE64.log, BugFixesSSE.dll doesn't seem to be loading properly. Make sure you have ver 8 or that, plus ver 8 of Address Library. Also make sure the required MS Visual C++ Redestributable for Visual Studio 2022 x64 is up to date.

- Expressive Facegen Morphs is not compatible with High Poly Head. Uninstall one or the other.

- If you're interested there's a CBBE version of Immersive Armors.

- You might want to try the USSEP/Immersive Armors + Survival Mode patches here.

I'm not saying any of this will fix your CTD's but will help clean up your mods. I also highly recommend you get Wrye Bash and create a Bashed Patch.

figured out the wyre bash, and its odd that Expressive face gen morphs conflicts with High Poly Heads because many RaceMenu presets state to use them both

20 minutes ago, Dankster said:

figured out the wyre bash, and its odd that Expressive face gen morphs conflicts with High Poly Heads because many RaceMenu presets state to use them both

:shrug: It's in the description and all over the posts of EFM.

Also, when using Wrye Bash, only tick the box for leveled lists (unless you absolutely know what you are doing).  In addition, if you are at all familiar with xEdit, you should check your build and the Bashed Patch and ensure that all items in the Container category and Leveled List category that should be in the game are actually being carried forward or are not red (showing they are being overwritten, and thus, will not appear in the game), as, often, Wrye Bash will not include all the records that should be carried forward into the Bashed Patch.  For info on how to resolve these kind of conflicts, see the following guide:

Steam Community :: Guide :: Editing In xEdit

30 minutes ago, Dankster said:

Some mod authors, when writing requirements, are not clear - they will list both mods as being required, when they really mean one or the other is required - NOT both