xEdit yellow warnings, safe to remove?

woodwards031

Hi all,

I'm just cleaning all the master esm's from Update through to my CC content. I was just curious when I saw that you had to manually remove a conflict in Dawnguard which flags up orange/yellow. My question is, is it safe to remove all conflicts that are flagged up orange/yellow in xEdit?

Aaaahh ...   The current recommendation is to NOT clean the masters in SSE, especially if you intend to undertake mod creation.  But, then again, the argument continues unabated. 

Personally, I keep my masters unbathed, unshorn, and disheveled.

Well, I only did it because LOOT recommended that I do so. Wonder why LOOT recommends cleaning master files if it's not really recommended amongst the community.

1 hour ago, woodwards031 said:

Well, I only did it because LOOT recommended that I do so. Wonder why LOOT recommends cleaning master files if it's not really recommended amongst the community.

As I said, " ... the argument continues unabated".  

Personally, I ignore LOOT cleaning recommendations and use LOOT as it was originally created, a Load Order Optimization Tool.  From my perspective, cleaning recommendations are a bit outside the scope of LOOT

If you want to hear the other side of the argument, take this to Tools of the Trade > LOOT.  There are several there who will have a different take than I. 

LOOT can only tell you what it's been told to tell you. At this time, the LOOT team has not been convinced that the master files should not be cleaned in any of the games.

That aside, I'd leave those files alone. Don't clean them, and don't mess with the wild edits either. Any mods for SE should be using all 5 of those as a master anyway if they're to be considered properly constructed.

And I will double down on what Arthmoor said - there have been issues posted in the Steam forum that were directly attributable to cleaning the masters - first and foremost being sections of the Apocrypha world space going missing.  As Arthmoor stated, LOOT only goes by what the team has been told - it is a sorting tool, NOT a diagnostic; and even when it comes to sorting - especially with large load orders - it can get things wrong.

Well, I wanted two instances of the game. A dummy SSE game directory on the desktop with a cleaned with xEdit, optimized version for gameplay, which I can point MO2 towards if I just wanna play. This has SKSE, ENB, etc. in and a raw version of the game that I use for mod creation in the main steamapps directory.