Tasheni's The Pride of Teia

Tasheni

Dear friends, it's my birthday today and the perfect day to make my final gift. I worked the night through and now it's out on nexus (yes, nexus. I'm inconsequent, I know. It was a hard decision to do that, but I want to have a broader comunity - maybe somebody want to carry on with what I've started.). And I have no time to update my own webspace.

So I give to you The Pride of Teia, my big Redguard ship that you can sail in Teia and in Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/112708 Have fun!

:bunny::banana::run::popcorn::beer:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:alienjump::banana::bunny::celebration:  And congratulations!:clap:  Enjoy your day and have fun!:flagon:

Downloading it now - even though I don't have original Skyrim installed, I'll do a self port for myself, just so I can add it to my SSE game - probably will have to wait till I start a fresh game, as I there are a couple of mods I want to remove - hopefully sometime this month - so what better way to make me do it sooner than looking forward to this as a reward for doing so!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday, Tasheni! Have a very nice day! :celebration:

I still have Skyrim LE active and will be downloading your mod soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ all: Thank you, thank you all, your congratulations are like a fresh flower meadow to me. As an info: You all, who helped me, are credited in the credits list of the mod.

:beer::hug::run:

Steve, if you manage to get that working in SE, would you like to load it up for public? Or send it to me?

But there will be issues. My mod The Isles of Teia is already ported to SE, but not with the labyrinth. I used glass panels for the labyrinth. They are only visible, if you throw a light on them, then a relief will appear to show you, where the panels are. In my convertion of the mod to SE that does not work. The panels are invisible and reflect no light. Hmmpff.

@ Altbert:

Thank you for your support. The mod is not perfect, but neither the game was ever and I can't do better as an amateur what the professionals were not able to do - or perhaps I can?

Ah, you know what I mean. Thanks for your help and I hope you have fun.

:hug:

• Like 1

You're very welcome, Tasheni. I already have downloaded the mod from the Nexus (actually my son did as I don't have a Nexus account) and will surely take a deeper look into it. 

All the best to you and yours for the next two years and hope to meet you again here in the future. :hug:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tasheni said:

@ all: Thank you, thank you all, your congratulations are like a fresh flower meadow to me. As an info: You all, who helped me, are credited in the credits list of the mod.

:beer::hug::run:

Steve, if you manage to get that working in SE, would you like to load it up for public? Or send it to me?

But there will be issues. My mod The Isles of Teia is already ported to SE, but not with the labyrinth. I used glass panels for the labyrinth. They are only visible, if you throw a light on them, then a relief will appear to show you, where the panels are. In my convertion of the mod to SE that does not work. The panels are invisible and reflect no light. Hmmpff.

@ Altbert:

Thank you for your support. The mod is not perfect, but neither the game was ever and I can't do better as an amateur what the professionals were not able to do - or perhaps I can?

Ah, you know what I mean. Thanks for your help and I hope you have fun.

:hug:

When I do the port, I'll send it to you to upload; I'm a firm believer that the actual author of a work - the person who actually did everything - should be the one to upload a port.  To me, if I port a mod, I'm just the technician who did some simple steps and no real work - LOL!    As to porting the mod, porting it should be easy (provided there aren't any little strange things like the light panels in your other mod!) - but it would be better if someone else would test the port, at least until I can disable all my mods to do my restart (or, actually, disable all my plugins).  However, I did load the .esp up in xEdit, and there were really very few conflicts - some insignificant navmesh one but the main conflicts I had were at the Solitude docks - with some mod I have that also makes some change there (whichever mod it is, is merge with a bunch of others, so I need to check through all the mods in that merge and see which one it is).  Anyway, doing the port will be a little in the future (but not too far - LOL!)

• Like 2

Steve, on my website seeyouinskyrim.net is a SE version already. But this one doesn't contain the labyrinth in Teia Silaselis. I created a glass labyrinth, nearly invisible ingame. You need to throw light on it to make the panels visible and find your way. I tried to convert that myself, with no success. Unfortunately the panels are not visible in SE, they don't reflect the light - so you can't find the way. Maybe you will find a better way to do that. I guess, the light shaders in SE are different.

Thanks for porting it over :hug:

I started optimizing the meshes and got to the Meshes/Eressea folder when there was one mesh that there were issues with: passCirc90R576H256LDD01_lod1   It would not load in Nifscope either: 

Meshes/tasheni/Eressea/architecture/CiteBosmer/lod/passCirc90R576H256LDD01_lod1.nif

Failed to load

"The NIF file could not be read.

[0] Array Properties invalid
failed to load block number 0 (BSFadeNode) previous block was NiHeader"

Then I began falling asleep at the PC - LOL!

I downloaded your Isles of Teia SSE mod from your site - maybe I'll check and see if I can just use those files and remove what is not used.

I did check for errors in the .esp and found the usual one when porting that involves weapon data:

WEAP \ CRDT - Critical Data \ Effect -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0
It is an extremely simple fix - I just need to edit so those records so they are a null reference - which is how that record should appear in SSE. 

Anyway, I will do some more work on it and we'll talk more about it when you have time - other than my just sending you a short progress update if needed - no reason for you to take time away from what you need to do for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, mein lieber, süßer Freund!

For our English speaking friends that is, "Happy Birthday, my dear, sweet friend!"

Okay... Looks like Steve is working on my first thought, an SSE port.  Nicoroshi has taught me some tricks for making mods and ports but I am still a long way from doing things on my own.  Yet, one thing I have learned is that you need to walk LE nifs through Nif Optimizer before porting the mod.  That should resolve the non-appearing glass issue.  This should be done for any/all nif files.  The rest is pretty much opening the mod in Creation Kit, moving something just a touch and saving.  Then all the forms will go from form 43 to SSE's form 44 and Bob's your uncle, you have an SSE port.  

Tasheni, my dear, sweet friend...  THANK YOU for an amazing mod!  My SSE has been on the fritz since AE was introduced.  So, I haven't played in many months.  However, I am taking a DL of your amazing mod and endorsing to show my ongoing support of your wonderful efforts and magnanimous generosity.:wub: 

May this day be wonderous and full of joyous cheer for you.  Many thanks for your many amazing contributions to this community.

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:beer: Prost!

• Like 2

Thank you, Phat :hug:

38 minutes ago, phatbassanchor said:

Yet, one thing I have learned is that you need to walk LE nifs through Nif Optimizer before porting the mod.  That should resolve the non-appearing glass issue.

Nope. I did it. Then I gave up. :cry:

But in my opinion this is not entirely true. Most nifs work perfectly out of the box in SE. And sometimes you damage them, if you run them through nif optimizer. There are many, many discussions about that, but Mihail confirmed to my observations, so I think, one should test first without converting.

I was also bothered about how my landscape textures looked like after porting: Everything was blurry and unsharp and partially shining like hell. So a lot of handywork was necessary to got an acceptable environment.

This was the moment that I decided not to bother with SE anymore. My LE build runs stable as hell, why should I change?

:coffee: I have to get back to work - a good day for you all :wub:

• Like 1

The shine has to do with the textures.  The normal map needs a black mask applied to eliminate the shine, and that has to be done for every texture that displays shine - a real pain in the butt!.  As to running the meshes through NIF Optimizer or Cathedral Assets Optimizer, I would not go so far as to say that "most NIFs work out of the box".  Some do, and many do not - the only safe route, unless an individual knows for sure, is to run all meshes through an optimizer.  Having ported well over 400 mods for my own use - and having seen what happens when I inadvertently missed a mesh (flickering triangles of light, stretching to infinity, off color appearance, or outright CTD - though this last more associated with Facegendata -100% CTD if not optimized), I have long made it my practice to run ALL meshes through the optimizer - and have not had one adverse effect from doing so, nor any strange visual appearance from doing so.  Like many things about porting, I think the talk of damages come more from those who have done things incorrectly. Normally, I don't like to extrapolate from my personal experience and apply it to an overall assessment of issues, but in this and some other areas, my individual experience of 100s and 100s of mods and thousands of hours, well, others can do as they think best, but I'll continue to do what my extensive personal experience has taught and demonstrated to me.  

As to not switching to SSE - absolutely, if it ain't broke, why fix it? I don't understand why some people feel the need to switch if they have a stable Oldrim build.  I can see if a person wants to use the newer mods and is creating a new build, but as you say, Tasheni, and as I often recommend in the Steam forums, if you have an Oldrim build that is stable and you enjoy playing it, why switch?

Hope your day has been good so far, Tasheni!  And your evening even better!:)

And a big hi to you as well, Phat!  I miss seeing you around the forum!  Sorry to hear about your SSE issues since the update - yeah, that can be a pain with an existing build - I've come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is just to create a new build.  Anyway, you have a good evening (well, actually day - LOL!) as well!:wave:

• Like 2

Belated Happy Birthday, and congrats on the release!

• Like 3

Would never suggest you change what you love, my friend.  

Just my two cents of thinking out loud, repeating the sum total of my minimal knowledge of the situation...  haha:lmao:

19 hours ago, smr1957 said:

Having ported well over 400 mods for my own use - and having seen what happens when I inadvertently missed a mesh (flickering triangles of light, stretching to infinity, off color appearance, or outright CTD - though this last more associated with Facegendata -100% CTD if not optimized),

I hear you, master! :imp:

The normal map needs a black mask applied to eliminate the shine,

In the alpha channel? But then it will look flat like hell :frantics:

Hope your day has been good so far, Tasheni!  And your evening even better!:)

My day was terrible. A bottle of wine in the evening and a barbecue, made by my beloved bear, compensated that. But weekend is coming... I'm really happy about it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tasheni said:

In the alpha channel? But then it will look flat like hell :frantics:

My day was terrible. A bottle of wine in the evening and a barbecue, made by my beloved bear, compensated that. But weekend is coming... I'm really happy about it.

It doesn't - the transparent black mask just eliminates the shine - much like adding a black square would get rid of the bronze shine on skin.

Sorry that your day was bad - work really has a way of doing that, all too often.  But at least you had compensations at home!  Not to mention how much better the weekend is in comparison when it does roll around - even if it is always too short!  Gope todat is better!:)

Ah, capice, of course the black shader goes to the diffuse map and not the normal map - ;)

On 7/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, smr1957 said:

Meshes/tasheni/Eressea/architecture/CiteBosmer/lod/passCirc90R576H256LDD01_lod1.nif

Failed to load

"The NIF file could not be read.

Just delete that. It's a lod file. I remember: I wanted to create baronf's Bosmer City far away from Teia in the ocean. For that I had to copy more files of Eressea into my folder. Unfortunately he named the files so terrible that I couldn't sort them all out. And I couldn't finish that, I deleted that stuff from the cells. But parts of the "passerelles! and the cocoon houses and doors are included in my crystal cave. This was already converted, so just delete the files that refuse to work. Only everything that has to do with the Redguard ship and the docks needs to be converted. But I can't tell you how you can find these files between the others :frantics:. If you got that working in AE I will be thankful for the rest of my days :hug:

On 7/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, smr1957 said:

Then I began falling asleep at the PC - LOL!

Ts, ts, that never happened to me! I worked partially 20 hours without a break in front of my pc when I wanted to get something done, but never fall asleep :lmao: But I remember that my ass was hurting and my legs refused to work after sitting the whole time :rofl:

Good night and have nice week.

2 hours ago, Tasheni said:

- snip -  I can't tell you how you can find these files between the others  - snip -

I got that figured out. Just drag and drop the old files into the new folders, replacing the files that are the same - then just undo move and the files remaining in the new folders are the ones that need to be converted.

You have a good night and a good week as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Any success with converting? Would be really great if we could have a SE version :wave:

I'm currently fighting for better working times, maybe I will have freetime two afternoons a week - that would be so cool.

• Like 2

Hi, Tasheni!  Took a break for a bit to do some visiting to Solstheim as well as to get some writing done - am almost finished with my latest story, just 3 or 4 thousand words or so to go; got the end written so it's just filling in the middle.  Then will finish up the conversion - but will not be fixing any shiny textures as since I can't load the mod into my game to see them, I would have to do them all - LOL! That would take WAY too long and require too many sanity enhancing pills!:frantics:  LOL!  Probably later this week I'll have it done.  Then I'll send the file over to you (it will need to be checked in SSE of course, first).

Free time twice a week - that would be great!  Anything extra you can get though, would be good!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!:)

• Like 2

Hey Steve, thank you for your time. What stories do you write? I do writing myself. For my novel I created a great start, then a fantastic end - but in the middle it became more and more complicated... then I got stuck :rofl: Good luck with yours.

It's not that bad with the textures, only some of the landscape textures have that issue, as far as I know, but I think I can handle that myself. At least I know what I have to do. This is not the case with converting :shrug: :imp:

I appreciate your help, but I can wait. Greetings to Miraak. I will beat him again, if I meet him in future :imp: I need to dock a sailable ship at Solstheim :lmao:

Right now am doing swords and sorcery - Not really what I had done previously but 3 years ago I lost literally everything in a personal disaster - a lifetime of writing as well as generations of personal belongings, and an over 5000 volume library - so basically have started from scratch. The main character is Etienne and his companion Hador - and it is set in a fictional world of my own creation (strong similarities to Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and Gray Mouser series, as well as influenced by Robert E. Howard's Conan series.  Currently I have 13 stories - this one will be the 14th.  One of the stories is in the AFK version of my Coffee House mod in the Guest Room - The Cabin in the Snow.  And I'll make sure to give Miraak your regards - with the tip of my sword - LOL!

Good morning, Tasheni!  Sent you a message with the link to the ported version for SE.  It will just need to be tested, and the .esp resaved as form 44, since I really can't do those things myself with my presence existing build.  Hopefully, all will work as it should.