Make markers visible ingame

Tasheni

Is it possible to make trigger boxes and other markers (not map markers) visible ingame? That would be quite a help with moved markers.

:wave:

Well, you can make the entire CK overlay visible in game (which would include any markers), by opening the Skyrim.ini and changing bShowMarkers=0 to bShowMarkers=1

If that line is not present in your Skyrim.ini (and it's probably not), just add it (I believe under [Display] category).

Thank you, Steve, exactly what I need:) I hope my update for Teia with the ship will go online today. :woot:

Okay, that works good for markers and activators, but not my triggerbox. I tried to untick the Is Marker box, too, but no luck.

Problem is, I have a triggerbox at the ship's hull, directly at the water surface at the front of the ship. If player decides to jump into the water for diving or fighting, or just want to swim around, he is automatically teleported onto the ship, when he swims into the triggerbox. This box is moved to the ship everytime player stops sailing and must be at the exact location, like it is with the doors and xmarkers.

I don't know the right values for that movement, because I can't see that box. Yesterday I docked on in Solitude and left the ship, but some footsteps ahead on the dock I was teleported onto my ship :wallbash:. I know, that where the axis of the model cross, this is 0. Then you need positive or negative values to move the triggerbox back or forwards.

Alright, I will subsitute the box with a visible model and try that out. Would have been easier to just make the box visible somehow.

Thanks for helping me :wave:

Hi Tasheni,

Problem with triggerboxes is that these have no model (nif), so yeah, you need a visible model with enough transparancy to see both the triggerbox and the ship.

I made the box smaller, values seem to work now. I'm currently packing that all together and then test with full mod load. I expect that this will work now as I intend, with my limited modding skills :D.

Just wrote the insructions, now I need to update the credits list, and hopefully get that out today. I'm running out of time.

No, not today. There is a navmesh issue in Solitude I can't resolve in ten minutes. Hmmppfff, this has to wait until next Saturday then. :cry:

All other things work really good.

When the mod is updated, I have to quit modding for quite some time. Real life prevents me from going on and it does not make me happy. I hope I will have the time to play a bit, but I need to care for other things for a year or two.

I wish you all a good night.

Real life can certainly be a pain in the butt at times (as I know all too well).  Hopefully you'll get this done, and maybe at least have some time to actually play.  "All work and no play,,," = no fun at all!  But we'll all be waiting here for when you do get a chance to come out and play.