How to create a new main menu?

Talyn82

Hi everyone, I was wondering how do I make a new main menu for Skyrim AE?  I know it's possible because I've downloaded some and used them.  So can anyone help?

On 7/6/2022 at 3:38 AM, lmstearn said:

Without SkyUI, use Mardoxx but documentation is wanting. With SkyUi, this might a place to begin with,

https://github-wiki-see.page/m/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstart

The following requires Visual Studio, and is more up-to-date- have zero experience with it, however,

https://github.com/Exit-9B/MCM-Helper

Sorry for the late reply.  Thank you for the links I will check them out.

• 4 months later...

Are you looking to make a Start Menu or (other) menu-type?  However, I should mention that the only method I'm aware of creating a Start Menu replacer (I've also created HUD changes this way) is via methods that are Xbox-friendly, and also "standalone" as I didn't want to make SkyUI a requirement since I was creating [them] for my own Team's modding projects.

However, I know that this site (like many others) is more popular among PC players... therefore I'll reserve the offer to put together a step-by-step walkthru until I know it's needed; as my projects have me balding all on their own without any help from outside sources. LOL!

I'll try to remember to check back regularly, since I'm not sure if this thread is still "active" as active goes...

• 8 months later...

Here are the basic steps to create a new main menu in Skyrim: Special Edition: Donkey Kong
1. Create your custom menu design using Adobe Flash or a similar software that can export .swf files.
2. Save your custom menu design as a .swf file.
3. Rename your custom .swf file to "logo360.swf" (without the quotes).
4. Navigate to the Skyrim: Special Edition installation directory, which is typically located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition" on a Windows PC.
5. Open the "Data" folder.
6. Open the "Interface" folder.
7. Backup the original "logo360.swf" file by renaming it to something else (e.g. "logo360_backup.swf").
8. Copy your custom "logo360.swf" file to the "Interface" folder.
9. Launch the game and your custom main menu should now be displayed.
It is important to note that creating a new main menu for Skyrim: Special Edition involves modifying game files, which can potentially cause issues or conflicts with the game. Always backup your original files before making any modifications, and proceed with caution.

Edited by tracyberge

Thanks, and from Wikipedia it looks like there are a few options for swf generation:

Other than using Adobe products, one can build SWFs with open-source Motion-Twin ActionScript 2 Compiler (MTASC), the open-source Ming library and the free-software suite SWFTools. Various other third-party programs can also produce files in this format, such as Multimedia Fusion 2, Captivate and SWiSH Max.

Once had MMF2 installed somewhere back when, even before the release of Skyrim, never got around to trying out the swf, so there you go.

Are those flash games on the donkey Kong site?