Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch breaks skin mods

Taithan

It's been a while since I touched Skyrim Special Edition, and so I decided on doing a clean reinstall, (Remove all mods, delete the files, reinstall), and now the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch breaks any skin mod by undoing the changes to face textures and replaces it with the Vanilla face. I've tried getting help elsewhere and nothing's come up. 

The issue is not with the skin mod, it breaks regardless of which skin mod I use. The issue is not with a Body Replacer or Bodyslide (It doesn't work whether or not one is installed). Installing RaceMenu as well does not fix anything. The issue still occurs on a new game. Unfortunately the Unofficial Patch is needed for many other mods I plan to install so not using it isn't an option. 

Something I've tried to do in a sort of makeshift attempt to try and force it to work is manually replacing files with the ones from my skin mod, but that didn't work and created its own problem (It causes the mod face texture to show up by default, even if no skin mod is installed, deleting files and verifying nor reinstalls seems to fix it, I really don't care as long as I fix the issue I made this post for)

Another strange thing I've noticed is if I enable the Unofficial Patch in an already existing save, the face texture doesn't break, while this is probably because the Patch hasn't fully enabled on already created save game, but I still wanted to point it out. Starting a new game it breaks, but even switching back to that save it hasn't broken yet.

50 minutes ago, Taithan said:

the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch breaks any skin mod

Are you sure you have the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp placed high in your load order?   It sounds like you have the patch near the bottom of your order where it can overwrite data from your other mods.   The Unofficial Patch should be directly beneath your .ESMs.  

Specifically, the load order should be this (USSEP actually does not go after all .esms, only after the Master files and any CC content):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Update Added DLC Content (Saints and Seducers, Rare Curios, Fishing, Survival) 
[any Creation Club master-flagged ESLs you may have]
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
[Your other ESM files]
[The rest of your mods]
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp (if used)
Bashed Patch

Face texture data on NPCs is something that bakes in. You need to be sure that not only is USSEP in the proper load order slot, but that you start your new game with it and all of your other mods that deal with facegen installed from the start.

14 hours ago, Taithan said:

breaks any skin mod by undoing the changes to face textures and replaces it with the Vanilla face.

I think you're going to have to be more specific in what exactly you mean by this. Breaks how?
Posting your load order might help. What mod manager are you using?

1) Posting pictures would help. What do you expect to see and what are you getting?
2) Does this happen with ALL NPC's or just some?
3) Make sure you have no loose files in your Data/textures/actors/character/(any female race folder here) before you install a skin mod.
4) Most skin texture mods come with their own Tintmasks. The default size for tintmasks in 512k. To use tintmasks with a higher resolution requires an update to the Racemenu's SKEE.ini otherwise they won't be seen or could cause unusual results.

First things first, my load order seems like it lines up properly.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm

ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl

ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl

ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Oddly all skin mods don't show up on the plugins tab on Vortex, but an additional patch I installed is below the USSEP.esp.

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

I can't seem to figure out a decent way to take pictures, is there some software I should get to do that? (I've already tried Win+Shift+S, it minimizes the game before I can)

It doesn't affect all NPCs, just some.

There were no loose files in Data/textures/actors/character/(any female race folder here), even with the mod installed no files show up, simply keeping the "Folder Managed By Vortex" File

How would I go about updating Racemenu's SKEE.ini to use higher res tintmasks?

9 hours ago, Taithan said:

There were no loose files in Data/textures/actors/character/(any female race folder here), even with the mod installed no files show up, simply keeping the "Folder Managed By Vortex" File

This is an indication the mod isn't deployed. Are you sure you've deployed your mods? (Texture mods don't have plugins, they would be loose files in your Data directory.

Which NPC's does it affect? A few of them have facegen files in USSEP but texture mods should have no conflict with them.

I take screenshots by using F12.

I deployed the Mods, the loose files do show up now, no change though.

As for the NPC's it affects, it seems kinda random, some randomly generated NPCs have it, some don't, some named NPCs have it, some don't, are there any specific NPC's I should look for?

And some screenshots.

image.png.8e2426f2e00232abd02cba871785f7e7.png The player

image.png.c0cd974cc4da9d50724b3b7aae7c6074.pngRandomly generated NPC

image.png.582d3c414e8bab3ca26ea2a61abcd5c4.pngHere's Gerdur and what the face mod should make the faces generally look like.

I forgot to add the instructions for using hi res tintmasks;

- Find SKEE.ini in Data/SKSE directory
 - Open in any text editor (like Notepad ++, not regular Notepad)
 - If not already there, add to bottom
   [Display]
   iTintTextureResolution=2048 (2048 for 2k textures, or use 4096 for 4k textures)
- Save

Based on the 2nd picture, it looks to me that the texture mod does not include detail maps for the age difference - femaleheaddetail_age40.dds and femaleheaddetail_age50.dds, therefore it defaults to the vanilla textures. But give the tintmask trick a try.

I should have asked this before - are you using a Body mod? If so, which one? And which body skin texture mod are you using?

I don't have a body mod currently installed, but I'm going to be installing Legacy UUNP once this issue is resolved (I know BHUNP is probably better, but I have a specific slider preset I'm going to use that's for UUNP.), and I am using Leyenda Skin the UUNP 4K specifically. I do want to point out that I have tried using CBBE or a couple of other skin mods and there was no change.