Anska’s scroll

Jamusdemus

I’m sure most people are familiar with the bugs associated with this. 

High Gate Ruins. I’m on the special edition of Skyrim for the Xbox Series X, latest patch and latest patch update. However I have an issue. 

I forgot to get the scroll when I left. The back room behind the throne room locked and the scroll is still there. Anska now appears randomly when I fast travel no matter where my destination is. I see no way to complete the quest. Can anyone offer insight or help? 

Thank you!

Your only real option is to roll back to a save made before you left that room, as the room is now permanently locked and the scroll inaccessible.  Though, as to her following you, it should really only be in the general area of the ruins.

What if I were to kill her, would the quest remove? 

sadly my saves weren’t before leaving the first time 

17 minutes ago, Jamusdemus said:

What if I were to kill her, would the quest remove? 

sadly my saves weren’t before leaving the first time 

Unfortunately, once the quest itself starts, she cannot be killed.  The only other thing might be to use additem to get the scroll, though since this only adds the base item to your inventory, it may not be possible to satisfy the requirement of the quest by using the added scroll.  In the console, type the following and then hit enter: player.additem 000457ab 1  - That will add 1 instance of the scroll to your inventory which you can attempt to give to her - but, as I said, it may not work.

Ended up she died and the quest was removed. Going into another place she appeared again and a battle started. Friendly fire with atronauch and follower. 

8 hours ago, Jamusdemus said:

Ended up she died and the quest was removed. Going into another place she appeared again and a battle started. Friendly fire with atronauch and follower. 

Ah, well, how sad and unfortunate - for her - LOL!  But at least that problem is solved.  Glad it worked out - enjoy the rest of the game!