[Xbox Bethesda.net] porting lighting mods

Fatalillusion

Hi everyone,
I have been translating mods for years. Now, I have been porting a few mods, together with translations, on bethesda.net for Xbox. However, I am facing issues like the one that follows at this link https://ibb.co/Tqf89NR

As you can see, it looks like there is a missing texture or mesh, right? I've been working on porting translated lighting overhaul mods recently, and this issue currently affects my translated ELFX and Lux ports. However, RLO and relighting skyrim work fine. In order to port the aforementioned mods, I have performed the following steps
- translate esm(if available) and esp
- extract meshes, textures, etc of only one mod inside skyrim data folder.
- use Archive.exe , without any GUI option enabled, and with properly set option to add only meshes, or textures. I've created a modname.bsa for anything but textures, and a modname - Textures.bsa for textures.
- opened CK (together with creation kit SSE fixes mod applied), made the mod esp as active file and let CK load everything.
- logged in
- clicked on "port mod to Xbox"
- created mod page, and uploaded the mod

Any idea on why this could happen? If someone has experience with uploading mods on bethesda net, could you tell me
- shall I upload any esm master file as a separate mod?
- is there ANY WAY to actually see the contents of the uploaded mod? Say what files are Available and their size.

Note: no data missing in latest version of lux, according to the mod author, yet the issue is still there.

When uploading mods to Bethesda.net, you need to start with all loose files (meshes, textures, scripts, etc).  The .bsa files are created during the upload process, when the process prompts you too do so.   If you are uploading a mod for both Xbox and PC, you have to delete the Xbox/PC .bsa files before attempting the PC/Xbox upload.  Personally, I do the Xbox first, then PC, because you can package the PC .bsa files created during the upload with the PC mod zip file for upload to AFKMods or NexusMods.

Hi, I also tried to start with loose files only, and let the CK handle the packaging and conversion phases. This didn't fix the issue..   

If you extracted the .bsa files and never touched them again until time to pack them during the upload process, then the mesh was not there to be extracted in the first place.  Check the original .bsa files and ensure that the missing mesh/texture/material was there to start with.   

Both mods do not come with.bsa in the original zipped pack. They both come with loose files and I can choose between a manual installation or a fomod based installation

Found the solution. Editor markers are still present on meshes and rendered on Xbox if not hidden before uploading the mod on bethesda net. This script fixes the issue

If you're going to use a solution like that script, I'd strongly advice choosing the one that merely hides the markers from view rather than removing them entirely. Hiding them will still keep them visible to you in the CK which is what happens by default on PC already.

Hi Arthmoor , thanks for your help. I proceeded with hiding those marker rather than removing them. I think every nexus mods should be aware of this "issue"..i spent 3 days trying to understand what I was missing in the.bsa packages.