LOOT says one error after sorting Skyrim from NMM but log doesn't really show an error

iccohen

Hello All-

Title pretty much says it all. Using NMM 0.83.4 and LOOT 0.17.0.

LOOTDebugLogTxt shows:

[19:06:38.805592] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[19:06:54.789165] [warning]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js at line 2: You have set a custom wheel sensitivity.  This will make your app zoom unnaturally when using mainstream mice.  You should change this value from the default only if you can guarantee that all your users will use the same hardware and OS configuration as your current machine.

Just want to confirm if this is an issue, or is it the error in question?

Cheers,

-Steve C

I have this exact same issue.  I’m running current versions of both MO2 & LOOT on a stable & checked mod list.  LOOT shows customary warnings regarding compatibility w certain mods ie: JK Skyrim & IC-AIO, but shows no error in list aside from the 1 error listed on top.  I’ve searched everywhere and can find no answer.  So far my list is running fine with no ctds.   I’ve been modding for about a year and this is a first.  Anyone have any idea?  Thanks 

That is because LOOT is not a diagnostic tool, it is a sorting tool, and things which it posts as being problems - and anything it says other than sorting - should be taken with a very large grain of salt, as often, it is totally wrong about issues that it reports (as it is only as good as the information it receives from third parties - which is what many of these reports are based upon). It is NOT to be trusted as to errors, missing patches, or having wrong versions - and especially not as regards cleaning, since it only indicates that the edits are "dirty" not whether they are needed or not.  And, with a large build, even what it says as to sorting, should be taken with a grain of salt, as well.  In fact, once a build has reached a sufficiently large enough size, LOOT become completely useless as to sorting and should not be used (usually around the 200+ plugin mark and above - hence why those creating large builds should learn to use xEdit, as for large builds it is needed, not only to see conflicts, but to correct them if needed).

All this is not to say that it should not be used - it should be.  Just be aware that - like any tool - it is not perfect and is susceptible to error.