How to remove Loot load order.

Bwc51794

SO I've ran loot load order and the way my current load order is set, there is a body mod or some complication that happens where it crosses over to Race compatibility making Player Skeleton and NPC Skeleton seperate and ruins that. Now however, since I've ran loot, whether or not I uninstall and re-install, they go back to their load order. Therefore I cannot change or swap 'em around like in Mod organizer 2. However when I use Mod organizer 2, the mods never load at all as opposed to them installing properly via Vortex. So I keep using vortex. 

Now my question is, How do I remove the current load order, so I can start anew, Sort out and install the mods that aren't related to race/Player character model, use loot on those, then install the rest so I can... Figure out what the issue is and what order they should go into!

If you simply want to delete your load order, go to C:\Users\...your user name...\AppData\Local\Fallout 4 and rename the file plugins.txt.   All gone. 

If you just want to shift your load order around, there are at least three possible solutions:

• First, open your mod manager and use whatever facilities it has to maintain and adjust your load order.  This is the preferred method.
  • Second, open the game and open the mods service from the main menu.  Use that facility to reorder the mods to meet your needs. 
  • Last, go to C:\Users\...your user name...\AppData\Local\Fallout 4 and open the file plugins.txt.  Save a backup copy and then move things around until they are the way you want them.  Just be careful to respect the format, which should be obvious.  This is how we managed load orders before mod managers. 

53 minutes ago, Scythe Bearer said:

If you simply want to delete your load order, go to C:\Users\...your user name...\AppData\Local\Fallout 4 and rename the file plugins.txt.   All gone. 

If you just want to shift your load order around, there are at least three possible solutions:

• First, open your mod manager and use whatever facilities it has to maintain and adjust your load order.  This is the preferred method.
  • Second, open the game and open the mods service from the main menu.  Use that facility to reorder the mods to meet your needs. 
  • Last, go to C:\Users\...your user name...\AppData\Local\Fallout 4 and open the file plugins.txt.  Save a backup copy and then move things around until they are the way you want them.  Just be careful to respect the format, which should be obvious.  This is how we managed load orders before mod managers. 

Thank you so, so much. I scoured the internet and I only found things that circled around such subject or things that were too obscure for me. I did want to delete everything and redo everything, but you've provided me with the option to Move around my load order. Thank you very much. 

51 minutes ago, Bwc51794 said:

Thank you so, so much. I scoured the internet and I only found things that circled around such subject or things that were too obscure for me. I did want to delete everything and redo everything, but you've provided me with the option to Move around my load order. Thank you very much. 

Although... I've just noticed... It DOES work in the immediate scenario, but when vortex Deploys, it -resets- the load order to uuuuuuh what it previously was before. I'm assuming I need to do something to vortex to tell not to overwrite it?

Vortex ... let's just say I don't use it and leave that there.  If you need help with Vortex, you might want to go to the Nexus Mods Forums (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4301-vortex/).  They have an entire section for dealing with the vagaries of Vortex. 

4 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Vortex ... let's just say I don't use it and leave that there.  If you need help with Vortex, you might want to go to the Nexus Mods Forums (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4301-vortex/).  They have an entire section for dealing with the vagaries of Vortex. 

Right... I tried using Mod organizer 2, which I know would be a whole lot better. But with the same mods installed, CBBE, Nanako anime race, All it gave me was purple skin texture(Missing texture), no hands and no head. So it.. clearly knew something was there but.. it never understood what. If you're willing to help me with mod organizer 2 I'd be more than happy switching and having a MUCH better control over my mod order with that program.. I just gave up on it cause of the plug and play-ability of Vortex.. 

Though of course doing so would be out of the topic of this post. So we could.. move it into DMs or Discord?

I should have said this up front.  I use NMM and have for what seems like forever now.  There may be others willing to help you with MO2, or you can join their Discord

On 1/31/2022 at 3:46 PM, Scythe Bearer said:

I should have said this up front.  I use NMM and have for what seems like forever now.  There may be others willing to help you with MO2, or you can join their Discord

Right, well thank you very very much for your help. I'm still stuck modding this thing but I finally tuned it so I only had ONE. singular issue. But I think its a pretty daunting one.. Trying to seperate NPC and Player character Meshes.. But.. I don't think its... quite possible.. Ugh..