Could something have been regressed? "Blade of [...]" is back

Scythe Bearer

I got the Blade of [...] when being made a Thane of Riften  by Maven Blackbriar (see attached image).  I thought this had been fixed.

1996583276_BladeofRiftenregressed.thumb.png.92b908e26510c24a85fc0de2669bfc5c.png

Do I need to take this to the Bug Tracker?

Usually when things like that resurface it's because some other mod has overwritten the fix. We have not made any changes to that quest alias since the fix was first done several years ago.

Well in that case, I am in for a learning experience.  Where and when is the quest alias set?  I ask because I wish to do the iterative test of adding one mod and seeing if it causes the error. 

Well DAMNATION.  I know what happened.  When I installed the game, I fired it up just to create all the files necessary and get the settings (screen) right.  Then I installed the mods I had been using.  When I started playing seriously, I didn't want to sit through wagon ride again, so I loaded the save from the earlier game start (it was created when the character stepped out of the wagon).

After digging around, I remembered something I read or heard somewhere.  After installing the unofficial patch with that particular fix, you had to start a new game to have it take effect.  Mea culpa.  Being human sucks.

I ran a quick test this morning, and it worked as is should.