Stuttering SMP Cloaks

phatbassanchor

Hope y'all can help with one question...

Are there any cloak mods for Skyrim that do not lag and stutter using SMP cloth physics? 

Had micro-stutter using SMP hair and cloth.  Finally located the trouble mod to be Artesian Cloaks.  Removed Artesian Cloaks from the mix and stutter vanished miraculously...  Any ideas for a replacement that is easier on the frame rate?

Many thanks in advance dear friends and adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

Not sure about SMP mods - I personally do not use them as there are just too many issues that I see with SMP (though others may have a different experience). For me personally, the issues outweigh the benefits (and have, going back to Oldrim, when I only used SMP for body physics, not clothes, due to issues).  So, basically, I'm not much help - LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smr1957 said:

Not sure about SMP mods - I personally do not use them as there are just too many issues that I see with SMP (though others may have a different experience). For me personally, the issues outweigh the benefits (and have, going back to Oldrim, when I only used SMP for body physics, not clothes, due to issues).  So, basically, I'm not much help - LOL!

No worries, brother:beer:  Moral support is always appreciated :)

• Like 2

I'm even less help than you are, smr1957.  I don't use physics mods of any kind.  I mainly use gameplay-changing mods.   

• Like 2

Well, all...  Nicoroshi is a rather private person and avoids social media entirely.  So, he asked me to forward this thank you and update...

"You can fill them in on what I have discovered or what I am working on

It goes like this
Using faster HDT non-cuda AVX2 day's code since after extensive testing it gave the best frame rate out of every code available there my processor can run (doeant support AVX 512).
Using 3BA CBBE lite with all body physics handled by CBPC (my own xmls).

I can run KS Hairdo SMP with Bijin KS hairdo SMP replacer along with practical pirate Physics skirt, 3BA vanilla clothes + dawnguard and Dragonborn without any stutter.

Testing method:
Using mist flight at +25 speed fly around Skyrim and look for any stutter.

The issue:
Add in one SMP cloak from either HDT cloaks and capes or Artesian cloaks and the game will get micro stutters during flight testing (happens also just walking around).

So my questions are:
Am I the only one that is OCD enough to care about these micro stutters?
Do other people experience them with HDT SMP cloaks?
Could this be a possible conflict with animation mods in my load order?
Why only cloaks and capes?

Any insight appreciated

For the time being I am keeping body, clothing and hair and using 360 YY animations for some cloak flair but would love to keep a stutter free game and have beautiful flowing loaks and capes

Thanks
Nico "

Hope that helps clarify the nature of my query for those who have yet to arrive at the party :)

1 hour ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I'm even less help than you are, smr1957.  I don't use physics mods of any kind.  I mainly use gameplay-changing mods.   

Always good to hear from folks in Pennsylvania, brother.  :)  My folks are from there originally and even growing up in Indiana we made a lot of trips back home for family visits.  So, put my sammy in a poke and give me a Schmidt's please :)

My father's side of my family hailed from McClellandtown, PA, though they mostly all moved to Ohio or Michigan.  Only was there once - when I was about 1 year or so old - so just have one memory - of a fence with a car parked nearby - LOL!

• Like 2

We just moved to Pennsylvania two years ago.  We lived in Oregon for 16 years before we moved here.  We found a great old 2,300 sq. ft. house built in 1906 for an incredibly rock-bottom, dirt-cheap price.  It sits on 0.4 acre of land and came with nine feral kittens.  We adopted the kittens along with the house.  :lol:  

Anyway, to say something on topic, I hope Bethesda's Creation Engine 2 handles things like cloth physics better than the current engine.  

On 1/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, phatbassanchor said:

Hope y'all can help with one question...

Are there any cloak mods for Skyrim that do not lag and stutter using SMP cloth physics? 

Had micro-stutter using SMP hair and cloth.  Finally located the trouble mod to be Artesian Cloaks.  Removed Artesian Cloaks from the mix and stutter vanished miraculously...  Any ideas for a replacement that is easier on the frame rate?

Many thanks in advance dear friends and adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

I recently did some research on SMP and found if you run many npc's that use smp it causes lag and stuttering.  Are there any npc's in your game that are wearing clothing that is SMP based, or hair that is SMP based?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

I recently did some research on SMP and found if you run many npc's that use smp it causes lag and stuttering.  Are there any npc's in your game that are wearing clothing that is SMP based, or hair that is SMP based?

Nicoroshi needed some input on his quest to figure out why only his smp cloaks were causing lag.  ScarlettDays21 gave the answer in a WoW armor mod from Harry on patreon.  It was a Syvanas, Queen of the Forsaken outfit that had a cloak that she advised did not lag.  That was actually the case and allowed Nico to see why that mod worked better.  The other SMP cloaks... all of the other smp cloaks had a high poly mesh attached, just to calculate collisions.  Harry used a simplified body mesh to attach his collision points to the cloak.  That answered the questions yet did not do the work.  In the end, Nico opted to remove SMP from the cloaks in game rather than spend weeks changing the body vertices of every cape in every mod he uses, he opted to just allow his run/walk animation to add a bit of sway to the bottom of the existing cloaks... much easier considering he only equipped the cloaks during storms.  Oh... Harry's actual handle is H2135.  He offers the base mod free on patreon but only members get the multiple color options. 

And, apologies, I did not answer your question yet...  Everyone was cloak enabled in Nico's game.  I can't remember if he kept cloaks without smp enabled for npc's or not after his rather extensive testing.  But, if anyone is looking for the best SMP cloak cloak for avoiding stutter, H2135... The mod is called Fantasy Series 6. 

These are the results...  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/videos/12785

Thanks for all the input. :)  Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

• Like 2

Fairly confusing to me. Wondering why Symmetric Multiprocessing (or shared memory processing) would make video stutter. Agree that this 10+ year old game engine is not using available processing cores.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, DayDreamer said:

Fairly confusing to me. Wondering why Symmetric Multiprocessing (or shared memory processing) would make video stutter. Agree that this 10+ year old game engine is not using available processing cores.

SMP as regards Skyrim modding stands for Skinned Mesh Physics

I won't be much help either as I'm in the camp that hdt/smp is much more work than I'm looking for in a video game. For me cbp was enough of a pain but since I was already using half the needed mods I thought why not. I do think hdt/smp looks awesome in screenshots and video showcases but for play I just don't think so. And yes I'm ocd enough that I pick up on any stutter and try to get my games running smooth. Even if that means turning some settings down a touch. And hello Phat, long time no see, lol.