Help a noob please. Should be simple enough I think.

dimmeister

Hi, I just modded my skyrim with Vortex and Nexusmods which didn't require a whole lot of knowledge about modding. I found a simple mod to toggle sprinting on this site and none there. I just have no idea how to install it. Please teach me the ways of the install, thanks in advance. Kind regards, love you.

• Like 1

Never mind I thought i had to unpack the zip file but i guess Vortex just takes the zip file and installs it like that : p..

• Like 1

It's easy when you know how... 

First open Vortex.  With SSE selected as the active game click the mods tab down the left side of the options.  You will see all mods installed listed on the right.  In the toolbar above that list you will see a floppy disc icon for file selection.  Click that icon, find the location of your 7z mod file you wish to install, select it and click open.  Vortex will then prepare the mod for installation, adding it to the previously mentioned list.  You will get a pop up in the upper right that you can click to perform the installation or you can click the left button on the new file's line item.  Once the file is installed you need to deploy the mod.  Then you can launch the game and test your new toy :)  You can also set Vortex to automatically deploy mods if you prefer.  I use that setting as I'll take all the automatic options that I can get!  Hahaha:lmao::fear:

Hope that helps but, the best Vortex advice I can give is this...  Check out this playlist... (Open in Youtube to activate the playlist)

There is a master level course in those videos given at a beginner's pace.  If old Phat can get it, anyone can.  It's easy when you know how.  Adventure ever on new friend, Phat:blackhand:

PS:  Technically, it's newb, short for newbie... not noob.  Not sure who started that...  Apologies... just one of my peccadilloes...  Phat will STFU now...  Peace :)

2 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Apparently noob is popular in Roblox areas, well so they say. Over and out.

Your learned nerdish n:nerd::nerd:b forever in your deep service. :)

Kids these days can't think their way out of a wet paper sack!:fear:  I feel like Private Joe Bauers frozen in suspended animation for several decades in the film Idiocracy.:fear:  When he finally awakens, he finds that his average intelligence makes him the smartest man alive and he's completely surrounded by idiots! :fear: Meh...  Just my inner grumpy old man showing, I guess...  Roblox... what a waste of perfectly good space and time!  Nerdish?  I helped write the book.  I must've missed the memo or I would've stormed the boardroom to heavily object!  Hahahahahahahaha:rofl: 

And, Thief Sah said, "I protest!"   Hahaha:lmao:

As for noob?  Sounds far too much like knob!  Newb may look and sound a lot like newt.  But, I would much rather be a newt than a knob!  Hahahahahahahaha:rofl:  Thank you Imstearn, my friend :)

Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

On 1/11/2022 at 12:14 AM, Uncus said:

Wtf is Roblox, just my out of touch old man showing.

It's a preschool level mmo game that is still played by teens and "adults" for some strange reason.  Utter crap if you ask this old man... Trust me brother, you are better off not knowing.  Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:blackhand: