[RELz] The Hoarder's Chest - Rebuilt

PowderedSugar

340520-1640274088.png

Many years ago, a young Altmer set out to find a way to keep hold of all the wonderous artifacts he discovered on his travels.  With the help of a Breton mage he was able to create The Hoarder's Chest, a small pocket dimension contained within a large chest.  Within its walls he created a luxurious home, complete with everything he would ever need to survive.  The Hoarder, along with his Chest, have made their way to Skyrim. 

Download:

The Hoarder's Chest - Rebuilt

TLDR: Why us this mod?

• Automatic sorting of all inventory items with the single press of a button.  (Press once for a clean inventory.  Favorite items to prevent them from being sorted.)
  • Teleport to the chest and back from anywhere in the world.
  • Automatic access to all stored crafting materials when you use any crafting station in the Chest.
  • Fully compatible with all mods. (that keyword their items)
  • Compact player home.  Access anything in seconds.

My goal in creating this mod was to build a player home that was as simple to use as possible, and that facilitated the hoarders among us by providing a quick way to empty your inventory with the click of a button.  One press and all non-quest, non-favorited items will be whisked away to their appropriate storage location.  Couple that with unique displays for most of the special items in the game (Elder Scrolls, Daedric Artifacts, Dragon Claws, etc.) and dozens of mannequins, weapons racks and display cases, and you have a compact palace fit for anyone who likes to keep a record of their adventure in loot.

The Hoarder has left notices at The Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood and Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath looking for help recovering his lost goods.

Requirements:

SKSE - Works with either the SSE or AE version.

PowerOfThree's Papyrus Extender - Make sure you get the version corresponding to your SKSE install.

Address Library for SKSE - Again, this must correspond to your game version / SKSE version for sorting to work.

I also highly recommend a mod like Mannequin Movement Fix - There are 62 mannequins in this house, and they will move if you don't stop them!

Amenities:

• Automatically sort your entire inventory with a single button press
  • Complete set of crafting stations with automatic crafting material retrieval and return.
  • Teleportation spell and settings to adjust when you're allowed to teleport. (Based on your combat state)
  • 36 Garden plots
  • Settings management system to enable or disable every sorting category.  (i.e., If you're an archer, disable arrow sorting.)
  • Full bedroom for a luxurious rest after a day of dungeon delving.
  • Full set of shrines to the Nine

Displays:

Unique displays for:

• Black Books
  • Bugs in Jars
  • Daedric Artifacts
  • Dragon Claws
  • Dragon Priest Masks
  • Dragonborn Masks
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Paragons

Additional Displays:

• 62 Mannequins
  • 80 Weapon Racks
  • 22 Weapon/Shield Plaques
  • 14 Large Display Cases
  • 6 Small Display Cases
  • Library with space for 154 books

Compatibility:

The sorting system in this mod is based on keywords, so it's not compatible with any mods that change / remove the game's default keywords.  Also, if a mod adds items without keywords, those items won't be sorted.  (I've noticed this with a lot of items from Frostfall, but so far that's the only mod I've seen a real issue with.)  If enough people mention a mod I'll look into adding a compatibility patch to add keywords to their items.

Also, any mods that drastically change the landscape around Illinalta's Deep may cover up the cave where the chest resides.  I'm using Majestic Mountains and it's not a problem in that mod.

Unfortunately, due to the mod's reliance on SKSE and Po3's Papyrus Extender, there is no way for me to port this mod to consoles.  I am looking to see if I can get all the files I need to port the original version to console, but I can't promise anything, as I lost track of those files a long time ago.

Lastly, this mod does not have anything special for the CC content added by the Anniversary Edition.  I just purchased that content recently and intend to enjoy it some before I pick the mods apart to add displays and correct keyword issues.  There are several pieces of content in the CC mods that don't sort properly, and a patch will happen for that eventually.

Conclusion:

I've spared no effort to create what is, to me, the most user friendly house imaginable.  I am always open to suggestions for improvements to the mod (there's a Book of Thanks by the bed where I thank people for their ideas that have made the mod better.), and actively work to quash bugs as they are reported.  

I hope The Hoarder's Chest is everything you're looking for in a compact player home.

Happy Hoarding!

Spoiler

60581-1640271265-1720911056.png

60581-1640271271-1158681371.png

60581-1640271281-738874359.png

60581-1640271312-543733122.png

60581-1640271321-2002141574.png

60581-1640271332-333801112.png

60581-1640271350-387786105.png

60581-1640271302-370808078.png

60581-1640271369-28331208.png

60581-1641056654-843008698.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Version 1.2.1 - Memory Relics

• Added new Memory Relic feature.  As you complete quests in all the main quest lines, new relics of your adventures will appear in the Chest, creating a museum of your time in Skyrim.
  • Added patches for greater compatibility with Campfire and iNeed.
  • Added new storage for Building Materials.
  • Replace the old cooking setup with a new Oven for access to all cooking recipes.
  • Several improvements and minor bug fixes.
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...