Crashing

Miranda hart

Does anyone know why my game is crashing? I have a few mods and deleted many. Sometimes I can play up to lvl 80 others it crashes at 25 such as I am now. Is there any way to fix this or should I Uninstall the game off my Xbox one s? 

15 minutes ago, Miranda hart said:

and deleted many. 

This could be the problem.  If you continued to play your save after you deleted a mod you may have caused instability in the save file.  Some mods bake data into a save.  The data remains in the save file after the mod has been uninstalled.  Do you also experience this crashing issue on a new character?

14 hours ago, Miranda hart said:

Does anyone know why my game is crashing? I have a few mods and deleted many. Sometimes I can play up to lvl 80 others it crashes at 25 such as I am now. Is there any way to fix this or should I Uninstall the game off my Xbox one s? 

That is not a case of could be the problem - it is the case of definitely being the problem.  As is, you will need to start a new game - any game from which you removed a mod and continued playing, the saves made after the mod(s) were removed are complete toast. See the following for complete and definitive information:

You CANNOT Remove Mods Mid-Playthrough

(And the above applies to any version of the game, regardless of the platform.)

11 hours ago, smr1957 said:

That is not a case of could be the problem - it is the case of definitely being the problem.  As is, you will need to start a new game - any game from which you removed a mod and continued playing, the saves made after the mod(s) were removed are complete toast. See the following for complete and definitive information:

You CANNOT Remove Mods Mid-Playthrough

(And the above applies to any version of the game, regardless of the platform.)

Have restarted a few times but at the same time what you said makes sense because I still delete mods in new games hopping that something will work and I can play without crashing 

Well. except for the exceptions listed at the top of that thread, any mod will leave info in the save - it may not be noticeable at first, but if it is called on in the game, a CTD will result, and it may not be until much later.  Removing mods mid-playthrough and continuing on that save without rolling back to a save made before they were installed is the single biggest cause of CTDs that we see in the forums.

On 1/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, Miranda hart said:

Have restarted a few times but at the same time what you said makes sense because I still delete mods in new games hopping that something will work and I can play without crashing 

Usually removing a mod mid-play is a no-no, although i am not a good example because i do it all the time. :P But i also have no problem to start a new game when i break my game with this really bad habit. It would be interesting to know where or when these crashes occur. Specific locations, actions, quests or completely random? I just found out that a mod i never used on my old xbone (because of crashing in one location) and now tried on my Series X is still a crash trigger on that specific location. (Although it is no hard crash, just the game closing) There is always the possibility of mod conflicts, a bad loadorder or (it might happen) a error in a mod. Skyrim on my (almost 6 years old) OG xbone was running fairly stable and usually more forgiving with mod placement. Just have to wait with what the new game version surprises me.