How to go about offering a mod lost in the Nexit?

BlazeStryker

As it happens, just as I found an old backup of a venerable (and frankly cheaty) blip of a mod people miss badly, I noted people posting on Reddit about lost mods and the dubious ethics of sharing them back out post-Nexit.

The mod I refer to is Port-A-Diner Perfection and the Homemaker patch. (As the Reddit post suggested people look here, it seemed the place to ask)

I considered just adding the files as an attachment but I have absolutely no idea if the mod author wants them shared nowadays, cares, or is even alive.

(For the unaware, all this does is make the silly diner dispensers fork out the pie the first time while making said pie rather... potent in several variaties. The Homemaker patch is so you can add new Port-a-Diners and do this with them as well.)

So... put it up for consideration? If so, where?

Edited by BlazeStryker
It needed fleshing out
  • Like 1

Unless you have specific permission from the author, or the author has somewhere specifically stated that it is okay to do so, you cannot upload their work anywhere - it is considered theft/piracy   Absolutely not permissible.

• Like 1

The problem therein lies in the Nexit having cleared the old mod page. Until someone tracks down the author (curse my shoddy memory for names!) and gets clarification, I won't upload it anywhere. I'll use it because I downloaded that thing way back when it was decidedly present and on offer. (This was very likely within a day of my actually getting Fallout 4!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlazeStryker said:

The problem therein lies in the Nexit having cleared the old mod page. Until someone tracks down the author (curse my shoddy memory for names!) and gets clarification, I won't upload it anywhere. I'll use it because I downloaded that thing way back when it was decidedly present and on offer. (This was very likely within a day of my actually getting Fallout 4!)

Yeah, it is, of course okay to use personally, but lacking any information regarding permissions, regardless of the reason, must be considered as a "do not upload or publish."

Anyway, BlazeStryker, at least you do still have the mod and can enjoy it - even if other's may not.  Hope you have a really good and happy New Year!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

I love Port A Diner Perfection! and I agree with smr1957.  Even if we have mods downloaded from before they were taken off the Nexus we should not re-post them anywhere, or give them to anyone.  In a very real sense we would be doing the exact thing that the mod authors were trying to prevent by taking there mods off the Nexus; which is of course losing control of their mods and/or having others profit from their work.

The mod author is Steve40 and he made/makes many wonderful mods.     I think he can still be reached on the Nexus, or at least I hope so as I just sent him a message.  There is a google doc out there but the link to Steve40's discord server is broken.

• Like 1