Something new happened

Orlando

So I downloaded the update, decided to pass on the AE bundle, and started a new game. I'm doing a Vigilant of Stendarr run this time. Currently level 6 or 7 and figured I'd head over to Stendarr's Beacon. I installed the 'Stendarrs Beacon Enhanced' mod and wanted to have a look at it. Got to Riften and decided to spend the night at the Bee and Barb. Go up to the gate, talk to the guard, tell them their tax is a scam, and fail the persuade check. I didn't know you could fail that check. I can't remember ever failing that check on oh so many characters over the years. Huh, something new for me. Neat.

• Like 1

The speech check for the gate guards at Riften always succeeded due to a bad AND/OR mismatch in the dialogue conditions. (Bug #31279)

USSEP fixed the issue in the 4.2.5 update that came out earlier this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BlackPete said:

Fixed in that you should always pass, or fixed it so the check is actually made and you can fail it?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlackPete said:

Fixed in that you can actually fail the check. It wasn't possible to fail it previously. 

That explains it then. It's been quite a while since I updated Skyrim (and USSEP to match).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlackPete said:

Thanks for that info, BlackPete! 

• Like 1