Skyrim AE Farming mod

LeBurns

I think I screwed this up somehow.

I found the place, did the quest, and asked Lydia to be my Steward.  Getting a steward is one of the mods stages for the farm.  I built the place up and recalled that Lydia is carrying some of my loot (some unique Silver armor, another AE mod), so I removed her as steward, added her as follower, and got my stuff.  Well now I've got no option to add her as steward again. The BIG PROBLEM with this mod is that you cannot collect your farming income without a Steward.  You have to ask the steward for the income.  It seems if I'm not at the 'Find a Steward' part of the mod's quest I can't get a steward, which means, I'll never be able to collect income from the farm again.

Is this a feature or a bug?  Is it normal to not be able to add new stewards?  I'm kind of stuck at this point.  Honestly the income isn't that important to me as gold in Skyrim is never a problem, but I do want a steward in armor as kind of a guard over the place regardless.

Thanks for any input.

1 hour ago, LeBurns said:

I think I screwed this up somehow.

I found the place, did the quest, and asked Lydia to be my Steward.  Getting a steward is one of the mods stages for the farm.  I built the place up and recalled that Lydia is carrying some of my loot (some unique Silver armor, another AE mod), so I removed her as steward, added her as follower, and got my stuff.  Well now I've got no option to add her as steward again. The BIG PROBLEM with this mod is that you cannot collect your farming income without a Steward.  You have to ask the steward for the income.  It seems if I'm not at the 'Find a Steward' part of the mod's quest I can't get a steward, which means, I'll never be able to collect income from the farm again.

Is this a feature or a bug?  Is it normal to not be able to add new stewards?  I'm kind of stuck at this point.  Honestly the income isn't that important to me as gold in Skyrim is never a problem, but I do want a steward in armor as kind of a guard over the place regardless.

Thanks for any input.

I believe you need to go sleep, you run into the same problem when you finish the farm to get it ready for a steward and the dialog box for your actual companion does not show up.

I left to Breezehome, slept and then could hire Sven.

Good luck.

*edit*

Oops NM, the choice is permanent and cannot be undone.

Skyrim:Personal Steward - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)

o hire a follower, simply ask them to come with you, then travel to the build site. They should approach you and volunteer for the job, or if not, you can ask them yourself once there. You will need to first build at least the Small House Layout before the option to hire them appears. Your steward will patrol the exterior of your property, as well as use various items in and around your house. Once a steward has been chosen for a particular homestead, the choice is permanent; you cannot replace that steward with someone else later.

10 hours ago, harlekwin said:

Oops NM, the choice is permanent and cannot be undone.

Skyrim:Personal Steward - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)

It may be an issue that this is actually part of the questline.  Generally you are not told to 'Hire a Steward'.  This quest has that option.  Also I don't think you can ever fire a steward once you've hired them (as your note above indicates), however with this house I was given the option to fire them, so I did so I could get that armor off of them.  But now, once fired, I can't seem to hire anyone else.  I wonder if there's a way to activate that step of the questline again to see if it will tell me to 'Hire a Steward' and thus let me hire one.

Oddly enough even though I also own Lakeview (only build the cabin) when Lydia said she would go home she ended up in Dragonreach, not going to either home.

I may have to find a pre-farm save and start over on this one.  Again the money isn't an issue it's just the fact that it's clearly broken that's bothering me.

2 hours ago, LeBurns said:

It may be an issue that this is actually part of the questline.  Generally you are not told to 'Hire a Steward'.  This quest has that option.  Also I don't think you can ever fire a steward once you've hired them (as your note above indicates), however with this house I was given the option to fire them, so I did so I could get that armor off of them.  But now, once fired, I can't seem to hire anyone else.  I wonder if there's a way to activate that step of the questline again to see if it will tell me to 'Hire a Steward' and thus let me hire one.

Oddly enough even though I also own Lakeview (only build the cabin) when Lydia said she would go home she ended up in Dragonreach, not going to either home.

I may have to find a pre-farm save and start over on this one.  Again the money isn't an issue it's just the fact that it's clearly broken that's bothering me.

More of that "it just works" magic, I am sorry your save is blinky.

Lydia behaves strangely when dismissed she no longer goes to Breezehome she instead hangs out at the new farm near the door in or out based on where you are.

I am contemplating doing a new run, and seeing if I can mix and match Arthmoor's improve towns with another mod.