Dragonhide Spell Duration

Mebantiza

Was wondering if someone could check their Dragonhide duration on the SCROLL in xedit when they get a min? I am looking at mine, and the duration from Skyrim.esm across the board says 3600 seconds! 

AE 1.6x. Verified integrity. 

CRF 3.1.11

You are looking in the unobtainable items page. CRF enables the scroll, which CRF makes available is, for......reasons? is still pulling that 3600sec value.

The scroll version, is an hour buff. Not sure if that intended behavior from CRF, but an hour long buff seems kinda off.

Negates <80%> of all physical damage for <dur> seconds.    <<< That is why that scroll is 1hour.

The SPELL version works just fine - 30s as advertised.

Ah, Cutting Room Floor - I do not use that.  As to the 3600, that is in xEdit listed for Skyrim.esm and in USSEP, with USSEP adding the keyword: VendorItemScroll [KYWD:000A0E57] so that it is available in game (not unobtainable as in the vanilla game) - but the UESP is where you would look to get the Form ID if one is not supplied (so listing UESP does not presuppose that the information I gave is wrong - as I checked it in xEdit for the actual answer).  And since I do not use CRF, I do not know what it does in that regard.  But the number is correct as far as I indicated.

For my clarity, are you concerned that the scroll protects for too long, or are you concerned that the spell doesn't protect long enough?

Personally, I'd go with the scroll. 

I think its fairly obvious, or should be, that the 3600 was a typo. I would be willing to bet, the intended value was 360 seconds, 6 mins. Which would still be both reasonable and useful.

15 hours ago, Mebantiza said:

I think its fairly obvious, or should be, that the 3600 was a typo. I would be willing to bet, the intended value was 360 seconds, 6 mins. Which would still be both reasonable and useful.

Yes, things like that always bother me - especially when we compare the scrolls and spells for the other flesh type spells.  Looking at the scrolls and spells for Oakflesh, Stoneflesh, Ironflesh,  and Ebonyflesh (other scrolls that provide armor effects), the durations are all 60 seconds. But I can see why it wouldn't be considered a bug or error, as there is nothing definitively stated as to it.  But it is easy enough to change (as I'm sure you know), simply by editing the last loaded record in xEdit, or by making a patch.  Personally, I agree that this was just an oversight on Bethesda's part that went along with not having the scroll originally included as being obtainable - just something that was missed in the checking of the work.  In light of the other similar scrolls and spells all being only 60 second duration, I would change it to that (which I am now doing in xEdit for my game - LOL!).

Pretty much every bug, error, and poor design decision etc, that made into the game, over 10k currently just from USSEP alone, were never definitively addressed as such by their creators either. If definitively addressing every single point ever raised was the criteria, then unofficial bug fixes wouldn't exist since wed all still be awaiting confirmation and a go ahead from bethesda 10 years on lol.

its just as safe to infer this one was no less in error than anything else.

Myself, Im going to be just fine with its newly adjusted 'proper' duration as well.

The logic I applied in this case, isnt hard to follow

36 seconds? If you're going to buff the timer, adding a mere 6 seconds seems rather pointless. Now you could offer +6s I suppose. and think that was a big deal if you're a dev, but...doesn't feel right.

3600 seconds? Nothing even remotely that kind of value exists in the game, especially for such a potent buff. (Yea, they didnt include in the base game, but,,,CRF)

360 seconds. Feels just right. Its still a substantial boost over the spell version, and scrolls, considering the max the spell gives is 45s, so, offering the (restored) scroll version @ 6 mins doesn't feel near as broken as an hour of it does.

A lof of the magic system, scrolls, potions etc, tended to be way under-utilized because magic as a whole,  is so poorly balanced and awkward to use in game, compared to melee. I almost never use scrolls myself, and only noticed this one because I am working on my sorting mod, that requires me to pretty much examine every item in the game. Otherwise, Ida probably would not have noticed since I seldom ever use scrolls myself unless there is some specific reason to do so. Which, hardly ever happens. 

17 hours ago, Mebantiza said:

If it were that obvious, I wouldn't have had to ask for clarification. 

When it comes to changes that are made by people to their own individual games, there really is no right or wrong choice - there is only what seems to work best for that individual and what allows them to enjoy their game to the fullest.  Because, if you can't enjoy a game, then there really is no point in playing it. (Though there are some people that do take it to extremes - LOL!)

Have fun, Mebantiza - and thanks for the Moonpath navmesh fix!