Site Breach?

tgl1992

I just got a email from Google about some passwords of mine were breached, and this site was one of them. I don't know if Arthmoor or other admins know or if this is old news and Google sent me a delayed notification but just thought I would share. For the record, I never use identical passwords for anything.1EFB0D5E-172A-4C20-BF2D-21D56F5F3BF6.thumb.jpeg.1947a60681f941399ce37b675ee91bdc.jpeg

I'm not sure why Google would be sending notifications of a breach like that. When these things happen, they inform the site operators in advance and we've received no such notification from them.

So if this wasn't actually a breach (and there's no indication of one) then they're stupidly classifying this website as "deceptive" which doesn't make much sense.

I use Chromium (the open source pre-google branding versions of Chrome), using the most recent Stable 96.0.4664.45

I dont let the browser do the Sign in to Google thing, but do allow Safe Browsing which uses the same databases of url / malicious sites as Googles Chrome does.

Normally I just use the Standard setting, but just tried switching on the Enhanced features of Safe Browsing ..

.. And then went back to AFK Mods, did a refresh, signed in .. No issues detected here.

Untitled.png

Edit: I also use Quad9 (9.9.9.9) as Primary DNS server set in my router, and Cloudflares 1.1.1.1 as Secondary DNS Server, blocks most bad URLs in adverts etcetera out there, plus UBlock Origin in Chromium .. And having no problems with AFK Mods.

On the very rare occasion I do get linked to something dodgy, Safe Browsing brings up a warning page in Chrome to stop me going to the site.

Also, be very leery of emails that state there is a problem with one of your accounts.  This is a common tactic used by scammers and other illegitimate sites - so caution is advised.

Google does email you if one of your passwords appears in a breach list, however. They also cross-reference between sites you have saved in Chrome and matching email addresses etc.

So, carefully check the email address.