USSEP Plans For 2022

Arthmoor

Arthmoor, Sigurd, you know already, for some people, it doesn't matter what we state, it will always be "wrong."  In fact, in the Steam forums, for the last couple of months, there had been a plethora of what I refer to as "40 hour experts" posting in regard to things like downgrading, removing base game content, use of USSEP and the reason behinds its changes, as well as some other issues, stating "I've done it and never saw any problems," "Prove that it will cause issues," even though, no matter what we post that proves it - even if it was from the developers themselves - they would state that it "doesn't prove a thing," as demonstrated by another comment as regards the Pinned Topics in the Steam SSE forum - "It is all made up information, and not true."

All we can do is post the correct information.  What it all comes down to is we can recommend best practices, but it is up to the individual to play - and, quite possibly, break the game - as they see fit.  Of course, that should not stop people from recommending and stating what is known to be right, but it can be very frustrating, as you both know all too well.  Especially given that the people most likely to do the things that we warn against are the new players without experience - and when they do post a problem caused by those actions, the people who said it was okay to do so (if they are still around to help at all) will just say "then you did it wrong" - regardless of how strong the evidence may be contrary to that.

I don't understand why would anybody upgrade his Skyrim to AE. 
It does not make much sense. The best mods are made for SSE 1.5.97 anyway and a huge amount of mods are not even compatible with AE.

37 minutes ago, Broccoli said:

I don't understand why would anybody upgrade his Skyrim to AE. 
It does not make much sense. The best mods are made for SSE 1.5.97 anyway and a huge amount of mods are not even compatible with AE.

I dont understand your comment. I play latest game version 1.6.640 and dont miss a single mod.

1 hour ago, Wasarion said:

I dont understand your comment. I play latest game version 1.6.640 and dont miss a single mod.

Ye of course. Some people are like you. But some people use different mods than you. That is something that you just cannot understand I guess.
I know people using more than 1000 mods who stay even on earlier versions than 1.5.97. There is a reason why people don't upgrade version. Skyrim is unbeatably stable and there is no need for any nonsense new DLC or patches/fixes. There is a reason why plenty of ppl are rollbacking from AE. Just read Steam comments or Discord forums.

38 minutes ago, Broccoli said:

Ye of course. Some people are like you. But some people use different mods than you. That is something that you just cannot understand I guess.
I know people using more than 1000 mods who stay even on earlier versions than 1.5.97. There is a reason why people don't upgrade version. Skyrim is unbeatably stable and there is no need for any nonsense new DLC or patches/fixes. There is a reason why plenty of ppl are rollbacking from AE. Just read Steam comments or Discord forums.

I like the new additions in AE so it makes sense. I never read Steam forum. I use around 1k mods in some of my MO2 profiles. In most Discord channels i use people do not complain about AE. Change is a good thing for the modding community i hink. This anoying habit of Bethesda to update Skyrim keeps the modders creaative. After all... it is just an old pc game.... and mods are free. :)

8 minutes ago, Wasarion said:

I like the new additions in AE so it makes sense. I never read Steam forum. I use around 1k mods in some of my MO2 profiles. In most Discord channels i use people do not complain about AE. Change is a good thing for the modding community i hink. This anoying habit of Bethesda to update Skyrim keeps the modders creaative. After all... it is just an old pc game.... and mods are free. :)

Well you live in a different world. But good for you. The rest is just your rationalisation.

21 minutes ago, Wasarion said:

The Steam forum is presently having a lot of transients, new players, and "40 hour experts" posting there (as always happens after Steam sales) - in point of fact, those of us who are experienced, long-time members all recommend that people should use the current version.  It is only the aforementioned who are posting anything to the contrary, and they are still a minority - they just yell louder.

Not to derail this thread further or be salty, but the recent comments that you responded to Wasarion are typical of what I describe, and what I posted in this thread on December 28, pretty much sums it all up,

Maybe since we are now into 2023, and the thread was for 2022 plans for USSEP, this thread should be locked?

3 hours ago, Broccoli said:

The best mods are made for SSE 1.5.97 anyway and a huge amount of mods are not even compatible with AE.

This actually isn't true. It's only a very small minority of 3rd party SKSE extensions that have problems with the current executeables. Of those which have not yet been updated, there are alternatives made by others.

Regular mods with no dependency on a 3rd party DLL will not have an issue with working, though it's possible they could run into minor conflicts with updated material in 1.6.

1.5.x is now over a year out of date and time will not be kind to it going forward as everyone buying Skyrim now will be getting an up to date version and will be expecting up to date mods - just like every other modding community out there.

49 minutes ago, smr1957 said:

Maybe since we are now into 2023, and the thread was for 2022 plans for USSEP, this thread should be locked?

Probably not a bad idea. Our plans for 2023 are pretty mundane by comparison :P

• Arthmoor locked this topic
  • Arthmoor unpinned this topic