Leyawiin Mistake

Worldsong

I've been recently modding Oblivion for a new playthrough, and there's one place I've never really thought of till now as a rather annoying oversight by Bethesa. I speak of Leyawiin and the Niben River that supposedly flows past it to the sea as seen on the map, but is actually blocked by a bit of land! Moreover, that bit is way too narrow to allow for all the ships we see at the Imperial City Waterfront, much less to allow any trade to get to the IC from the sea!

I've looked at various mods on NexusMods that try to fix that, but not sure which seems to be the best and likely least disruptive to other mods like Roads of Cyrodiil. So I'm asking if anyone who've used such mods before can recommend good ones that work, don't cause CTDs, etc? Heck, I might even give it a try myself in making such a mod if necessary LOL.

Better Cities or Open Cities Reborn. Both fix that issue in the Leyawiin area and have compatibility support for other mods. You might also look at New City Leyawiin. Although I can't for sure remember what it does in the exterior river/port area, I believe it opens the river up also. I downloaded and tested an earlier version of the mod from the Russian site, way before it was hosted on Nexus.

I've used Better Cities in many, many games over the years and have never had any problem with it.  Like any mod, research and testing to make sure other mods in your mod list do not conflict, but that is to be expected.  You can choose to install only Leyawiin, if you wish.  You also have the option to installed a partially flooded Layawiin (this is often good for atmosphere)  or and open cities version of Leyawiin.

EDIT: Ninja'd bymhahn123.  

Thanks for the suggestions, guys - but I don't think I'll be using Better Cities, as from looking at info about it on its wiki, I'd need to installl an ESM, several BSAs and a couple ESPs just to change Leyawiin. Don't really want to use up that many slots on my load order for one change...LOL. Also, from what I can see,  it's likely to cause FPS drops & stuttering even more than I get currently on my computer.. :P

Other mods handle the river there, in a similar fashion to BC putting the river and a port area on the East side of Leyawiin's Exterior:

Shipping on the Niben

and

Shipping in Cyrodiil

among them.  Each has various versions for compatibility, BC vs not BC is the main dichotomy.