Twitch stream with Wes Johnson; new Todd Howard interviews

Pseron Wyrd

Bethesda is hosting a Twitch stream tomorrow with several well-known Elder Scrolls voice actors:  CELEBRATING SKYRIM’S 10TH ANNIVERSARY WITH WES JOHNSON

* Wes Johnson (Sheogorath, Lucien Lachance, Emperor Titus Mede, Hermaeus Mora)
* Jeff Baker (Jiub, Adril Arano)
* Craig Sechler (Gallus Desidenius, Peryite, and many others – ALSO the adoring fan from Oblivion)
* Paul Eiding (Galmar Stonefist, Septimus Signus)
* Charles Martinet (Paarthurnax)
* Colleen Delany (Lydia, and many others!)
* Alexander Brandon (Amaund Motierre and Ancano)

• Like 2

Just for the record, October 4, 2021 has come and gone.

Title should have said November 4, at 1pm Eastern Time US. Moot point now since that's also come and gone :P

• Pseron Wyrd changed the title to Twitch stream with Wes Johnson, Nov 4, 2021

I did not know what date should have been used in the title.  But in as much as is was supposed to be Nov 4, it is as Arthmoor said, moot.   

45 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

So was it recorded anywhere?

I haven't found either video on YouTube.  But I'll keep looking.  The second I find something I'll post it here.  :)

• Pseron Wyrd changed the title to Twitch stream with Wes Johnson; Todd Howard AMA
  • Pseron Wyrd changed the title to Twitch stream with Wes Johnson; new Todd Howard interviews

Here's an epiphany:

Channeling Ford:

• Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.
    • p. 72. Chapter IV,  : Remark about the Model T in 1909; this has often been paraphrased, e.g.: "You can have any color as long as it's black."

Channeling Todd

• You can ask me about any game you like so long as it is Starfield.
    • sic: blah blah

The Skyrim 10th Anniversary Concert (without commentary).  This includes a preview of music for Starfield.

At about 15:45 into the interview there is reference to ES6 being 15 years after ES5 (Skyrim).  I said a lot of "not nice words".

3 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

At about 15:45 into the interview there is reference to ES6 being 15 years after ES5 (Skyrim).  I said a lot of "not nice words".

I noted that also but even Todd said he thought that was too long.  But the act of getting Starfield done "Now or Never" kind of forced the move.

If three franchises are too much to manage and have reasonable turnaround on the games, I wonder if passing the FO franchise to another MS dev is being considered.  Technically Bethesda only did FO3 and FO4 (and that mess they call FO76), so I would say they have less connection to that one.  I think juggling two franchises is all that's practical if they want quality games made in reasonable amounts of time.

34 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

I noted that also but even Todd said he thought that was too long.  But the act of getting Starfield done "Now or Never" kind of forced the move.

If three franchises are too much to manage and have reasonable turnaround on the games, I wonder if passing the FO franchise to another MS dev is being considered.  Technically Bethesda only did FO3 and FO4 (and that mess they call FO76), so I would say they have less connection to that one.  I think juggling two franchises is all that's practical if they want quality games made in reasonable amounts of time.

That "shuffle off a franchise" Scenario has been floated a couple times.  My personal favorite, "Microsoft owns both Bethesda and Obsidian, so maybe Obsidian gets the Fallout franchise back".   Who knows.  I just do not like the long delays between games.  I'm old so I may not last another 5 years.