Venerable Morrowind Modder Jac has Passed Away

AndalayBay

Damn. Very sorry to hear about that. I didn't really know him very well but what little we did talk, he was always a nice guy.

Condolences to his family.

I mainly knew Jac from the old Bethesda forums.  He was a wonderful person.  His influence touched many people directly and indirectly.  Those he helped often went on to help others and I'm sure there are quite a few people now who have benefited from his guidance who never knew his name.  A pillar of the Bethesda modding community is gone and we are all worse off for that.   My condolences go out to Elaura.   

I got to know him a bit through PM’s when we were working on the UMP. He told me about his family. His wife was sick for quite a while. So, yeah, I’m pretty upset. I finally got my machine up and running and was checking old bookmarks. That’s how I found out.

I hope his family is doing ok.

• Sigurð Stormhand changed the title to Venerable Morrowind Modder Jac has Passed Away

Very sad.

Just to say - I edited the thread title to be a bit more informative. I did not know Jac personally, but I know he did a lot for the community and will be missed by many.

A sad message indeed. I also only knew Jac from the old Beth forums. A very helpful individual with tons of knowledge and patience. Haven't crossed paths again since those forums were closed unfortunately. Truly a loss for the modding community.

Being primarily Skyrim, I'd only seen his posts here. Do we have any idea who will take over coordinating the UMP here?

It has been a deadly year. I've lost both parents and 3 extended family so far.

Feel I should say something here, as far as I know I never talked to Jac but he seems to have been an important member of this community. My condolences and best wishes to his family and friends.

I just found out about this right now and this is shocking news!  I remember him from the old Bethesda forums back in the Golden Age of Morrowind.  I never spoke to him as far as I remember, but I was a fan of his mods.  Especially his follower mod Jasmine.  The Morrowind modding community has lost an icon.