Anniversary Edition will break most existing mods.

Talyn82

I read on another Skyrim SE Reddit forum that the upcoming Anniversary Edition will break most existing mods, like the Special Edition did.  

Here's the full thread: 

I thought that this was specifically referring to SKSE dlls and other such mods that involve hooking into and overriding the engine. It shouldn't affect CK-based mods, or custom assets.

26 minutes ago, SkyLover said:

I thought that this was specifically referring to SKSE dlls and other such mods that involve hooking into and overriding the engine. It shouldn't affect CK-based mods, or custom assets.

Yeah, that's why I said most mods.  Most mods use SKSE.  In fact I remember back when I first started playing SSE, SKSE was the most requested utility for the game.

1 hour ago, SkyLover said:

It is as you describe, SkyLover, but alas ... must have drama.  And a second thread about the Anniversary Edition seems somewhat redundant ... you know ... more drama. 

• Hana locked this topic