WIP - Tasheni Followers - A Pirates Song

Tasheni

The last three days I was working on a special scene, where all of my followers are included. Normally no problem, if they say their dialogue one after another. A huge problem, if they should say it at the same time. Even more, if they should say it like one man. I have recorded a song and send it to all my voice actors. They did a good job with singing :unworthy:and I synchronised all in one file, but each voice has it's own track in that file. This sounds really good together.

I created a scene and cut the voices of the tracks with the exact same length and added them with ck. There is one foresinger and six are answering - like one man, so this should be. But ck is not able to synchronize the voices perfectly. The foresinger has a pause between two files that simply doesn't exist. I used a script to set the dialogue padding to 0 (it's normal at 0.5), but that doesn't help. The other voices don't synchronize well together. Weird is, sometimes it works so lala, sometimes not at all, means, there is a big pause between the lines. (Each line is in it's own phase inside the scene).

The song is too long to put all the dialogue into one phase and this is also not cool, because in every phase my followers use different animations to get the scene lively. Delay is not coming from animations, I tested without with the same result.

If anybody has a good idea of a better way to achieve this, I would be glad to hear it.

Possible to post the script- perhaps in a spoiler if large?

Not much experience with this, sorry- are the phases flagged as interruptible? In case there is an internal limitation in the CK Scene sound play, does using less than 6 actors make a difference? Try 4 or 2?

Thank you for your suggestions.

No, the phases are not interruptible. I found another solution for the voices, but not for the animations.

I have now only 3 phases. I merged the voices in one file and gave every actor the same file, means, every npc sings now with all voices. Sounds mostly good, if player changes perspective it sounds sometimes like there is an echo or chorus - but that's bearable.

For every phase I use a script at start with SendAnimationEvent for each actor in it. But the animation plays only at the start and then they don't move anymore. How can I loop the animations with scripting, so they will play as long as the phase takes? I tried with Utility.Wait (1.0) and then SendAnimation again, tried that also with SetDefaultState between the animations, but this seems to be completely ignored.

I tried to set PlayAnimation directly in the dialogue, too, but result is the same.