[RELZ] Wayshrines of Old SSE

JayCrane Archive

Thank you to Arthmoor for helping me recover the file. This is the Original Copy of Wayshrines of Old from 2017. Unfortunately, I no longer own later copies and I also do not recommend using them anyway as they had a lot of issues. I am the original creator, JayCrane, but I am no longer a modder. This file is released as is, and will not receive updates. You are free to use, modify, and reupload as long as credits are given. 

The file is attached to this thread.

Requires SSE

Wayshrines of Old is a simple plugin that adds remnants of the second era, wayshrines, as an alternate way to travel the province of Skyrim and Solstheim! These shrines have withstood the test of time as researchers in collaboration with Arch-Mages from all over have maintained them and re-purposed them so anyone can use them.

LOCATIONS

Hold Capitals:

Whiterun
Markarth
Riften
Windhelm
Solitude
Winterhold
Falkreath
Morthal
Dawnstar

Unique Locations

High Hrothgar
Skaal Village (Dragonborn)
Raven Rock (Dragonborn)
Castle Volkihar (Dawnguard)
Dayspring Canyon (Dawnguard)

NOTES

Files have been checked and cleaned with TES5Edit!
Meshes have been checked with NifScan and fixed with NifSkope.

File credits
DSoS for his script that is used as the fast traveling system for the wayshrines.
Anbeegod for helping me iron out a lot of bugs.
The Nordic Wayshrine and all its variants of it was loosely based off of ZeniMax’s Nordic Wayshrine from Elder Scrolls Online.
Mesh was created with Blender 2.78a and further modified with 3DS Max 2015, NifUtilsSuite, and NifSkope.
Textures from Textures.com and deviantART.com were modified with Paint.NET.
Texture(s): WoodEnds0084, RooftilesSlate0064, WoodRough0023, Ornament Border, from
Textures.com and Tileable Pergola Wood Texture by ftourini.
Bethesda for the various meshes and textures used to create various mashups and add on to the Nordic Wayshrine.
Billyro for his normal and specular maps as well as the snow variant of the Nordic Wayshrine.
Arthmoor and Hanaisse for allowing me to use the Markarth Banner Texture from USLEEP.
This material is not made, guaranteed or supported by Zenimax or it’s affiliates!

Wayshrines of Old - SSE.zip

Thanks so much for posting this!  These used to be a staple in my game, but since I lost all my downloaded mods some years ago, I have sorely missed having these in game.  But now they are back!  Thanks again - and thanks to Arthmoor, as you said, for helping to make it possible!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 7:25 AM, smr1957 said:

Thanks so much for posting this!  These used to be a staple in my game, but since I lost all my downloaded mods some years ago, I have sorely missed having these in game.  But now they are back!  Thanks again - and thanks to Arthmoor, as you said, for helping to make it possible!

Thank you! It means a lot to hear that! I am fortunate someone had a copy of the files, and even more fortunate it was Arthmoor aha. :D

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2021 at 9:02 AM, JayCrane said:

Thank you to Arthmoor for helping me recover the file. This is the Original Copy of Wayshrines of Old from 2017. Unfortunately, I no longer own later copies and I also do not recommend using them anyway as they had a lot of issues. I am the original creator, JayCrane, but I am no longer a modder. This file is released as is, and will not receive updates. You are free to use, modify, and reupload as long as credits are given. 

The file is attached to this thread.

Requires SSE

Wayshrines of Old is a simple plugin that adds remnants of the second era, wayshrines, as an alternate way to travel the province of Skyrim and Solstheim! These shrines have withstood the test of time as researchers in collaboration with Arch-Mages from all over have maintained them and re-purposed them so anyone can use them.

LOCATIONS

Hold Capitals:

Whiterun
Markarth
Riften
Windhelm
Solitude
Winterhold
Falkreath
Morthal
Dawnstar

Unique Locations

High Hrothgar
Skaal Village (Dragonborn)
Raven Rock (Dragonborn)
Castle Volkihar (Dawnguard)
Dayspring Canyon (Dawnguard)

NOTES

Files have been checked and cleaned with TES5Edit!
Meshes have been checked with NifScan and fixed with NifSkope.

File credits
DSoS for his script that is used as the fast traveling system for the wayshrines.
Anbeegod for helping me iron out a lot of bugs.
The Nordic Wayshrine and all its variants of it was loosely based off of ZeniMax’s Nordic Wayshrine from Elder Scrolls Online.
Mesh was created with Blender 2.78a and further modified with 3DS Max 2015, NifUtilsSuite, and NifSkope.
Textures from Textures.com and deviantART.com were modified with Paint.NET.
Texture(s): WoodEnds0084, RooftilesSlate0064, WoodRough0023, Ornament Border, from
Textures.com and Tileable Pergola Wood Texture by ftourini.
Bethesda for the various meshes and textures used to create various mashups and add on to the Nordic Wayshrine.
Billyro for his normal and specular maps as well as the snow variant of the Nordic Wayshrine.
Arthmoor and Hanaisse for allowing me to use the Markarth Banner Texture from USLEEP.
This material is not made, guaranteed or supported by Zenimax or it’s affiliates!

Wayshrines of Old - SSE.zip 9.08 MB · 65 downloads

thank you! this has been the most aesthetic and simplest way wayshrine were integrated to skyrim.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some Google Drive Mirrors.

The only reason I haven't created a proper file upload as it's easier this way for me to upload copies as well as notes with them so anyone who wants them knows what they're getting. Will update this post when I have reorganized the files for the last iteration of the mod, Wayshrines Remnants of a Forgotten Era.

Wayshrines of Old SSE - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hnRyT2tpXt0PWIyQ4yL8I2xC3Ve0o_Qu/view?usp=sharing

• 1 year later...

I've been looking for this mod as I've been thinking about finally giving frostfall a try but I still need some forms of fast travel.  Used to have the mod back in the day but lost it after a pc upgrade.  I always preferred this wayshrines mod to the other one because of the personalization of the wayshrines depending on where they were as opposed to the other one that just plopped dawnguard assets around skyrim.