ROC and RRLR Patch with Leveler Cheat

Worldsong

Hi all. I'm still learning how to mod Oblivion and still working on the Secrets of Blacksmithing, but have a different issue I hope Arthmoor can offer suggestions on, as he made the patch in the subject line.

I have the Levelers Cheat mod from Nexus (13783), and it works fine especially in helping test mods except that the landscaping in the back is not correct and affects the summon stone there. From what I've been able to determine in playing with load order and checking in the Construction Set, it seems the ROC+RRLR Patch is overriding the landscaping in the backyard. BOSS puts the Leveler Cheat before the DLC Thieves Den and the patch well below. Moving the Levelers Cheat to either before or after the patch resolves the yard problem, but then it overrides the patch's landscaping edits for ROC, causing a large land tear in front of the building along with the fences nearby not in the ground. So it's not easy trying to see if a patch can even be made!

But I did attempt something of the sort, and this is what I'd appreciate Arthmoor or anyone to suggest what I can do to fix this. I decided the best way was to alter the patch to fix the landscaping for the yard so that it would match where the Leveler Cheat backyard would be as that seemed the least intrusive way. I was successful in doing that, but for some reason the large land tears, etc. still appear even though I merged it in Wyre Bash like the original patch which had no problems. So I must be doing something wrong, maybe?  I do have a copy of the patch esp that I altered and I'd be happy to send it in a PM to Arthmoor if he'd like to take a look at it if he wishes. I know the patch is his creation and he likely won't want my version posted if I can get it to work, so it's mainly a personal patch for me, plus getting to play in CS and learn it better. On the other hand, if I can get it to work with help, he's welcome to offer it as an replacer patch esp only for those that use the Levelers Cheat mod.

Any help would me much appreciated in my learning how to mod better - thanks!

Patches can be made for anything and everything. Although it's debatable as to whether some things should be patched. Levellers Cheat huh? I made a patch for that and UL Imperial Isle quite a while ago. Keep in mind that will also be in the mix if you decide to use Imperial Isle at some point. So am I correct in understanding that you want to make Levellers Cheat work with Region Revive, Roads of Cyrodiil, and the patch for those two mods? 

I can whip up a fix for you on short order. Or I can take a look and PM you a detailed report on how I would do it, if you want to take a crack at it yourself.

Ok so I took a look at your problem area. Really easy fix. Been on a bender updating patches anyway so just knocked it out for you.
There is a small file for you in the download section at The One Stop Patch Shop. Read-me included gives a brief rundown on how
to go about it. The file contains an un-mastered patch which edits one cell and fixes the issues at hand.

You can use it as a patch of a patch if you like. Or merge it into Arthmoors patch. The two edit different cells, and adjoining cell borders
are already synced up, so they can safely be merged as is.

Feel free to hit me up if you have questions, or just want to chat more about this. 

• Like 2

Well, that was fast of you Mhahn! Much appreciated! Will give it a try and let you know how it works out. But if you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate a PM from you about how you went about it so I can kinda 'practice' making the fix myself, as learning by doing is a good way for me to better learn modding. Thanks again!

Happy to report that your patch worked great, Mhahn! Thank you very much for creating it! Adding it to the load order itself after the ROC+RR Patch fixed the yard problem. I did try merging the patches together in TESedit, but I guess I don't know enough yet to do it properly, as it didn't work. So I opened up Wyre Bash, made sure the ROC+RR Patch was not included in the rebuild (it had been part of the bashed patch). Then I moved your patch to above the Bashed Patch and told it to rebuild and made sure the ROC+RR Patch and your patch were included to be merged. When the rebuild was done, I opened Oblivion and the yard problem was still fixed and no land tears! So if Arthmoor were to approve your patch for users with ROC, RRLR and Levelers Cheat, I'd add a line to the readme that your patch can be merged into the Bashed Patch along with the ROC+RR patch if it wasn't merged already.

Oh, and as for your mention of the UL mods, I don't think I'd need a patch for that, as I'm not quite ready to deal with all the patching, etc I'd need to apply if I were to use those UL mods along with the mods I'm using, LOL.

Thanks again for the patch and I appreciate your taking the time to make a patch and help out in learning how to mod!

Quite welcome. It was simple and only cost a few minutes to do really. Grab a copy of Tes4Gecko. For simple merges like this where there is no cell overlap, it's probably best. Literally 3-4 clicks at most and you are done. Feel free to do whatever you like with that patch by the way. It was your request after all.

P.S. Sent you a PM.