Male Dunmer?

LeBurns

Are there any mods that make male Dunmer's not look so ... ugly?

Seems even the EEO mod keeps the wrinkles on the male Dunmer's faces (females are fine oddly enough).  I also tried SkySight Skins, but that mod gives all the males lip stick and everyone dark bags under their eyes (that I have to cover up with war paint).  It does have a 'younger' version that removes the wrinkles, but the other issues are still there.  Also tried Better Lookin Dunmer, but again the males keep the face wrinkles.

I'm currently using the Fatherland: Sons, which I think does a good job of making all the characters look better, but also not like supermodels.  But even F:S does little for the male Dunmer.

Is there any mod out there I'm missing?  I basically just want the wrinkles gone.

Thanks.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Seems even the EEO mod keeps the wrinkles on the male Dunmer's faces (females are fine oddly enough).  I also tried SkySight Skins, but that mod gives all the males lip stick and everyone dark bags under their eyes (that I have to cover up with war paint).  It does have a 'younger' version that removes the wrinkles, but the other issues are still there.  Also tried Better Lookin Dunmer, but again the males keep the face wrinkles.

I'm currently using the Fatherland: Sons, which I think does a good job of making all the characters look better, but also not like supermodels.  But even F:S does little for the male Dunmer.

Is there any mod out there I'm missing?  I basically just want the wrinkles gone.

Thanks.

and you will a time machine will help with the wrinkels

11 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Thanks.

I just use racemenu, brother, with a few eye and brow mods for flavor and KS Hair for some style...  Here's the alternate take on my Loki character, the darker hair is the earlier version, the lighter one here is the latter.  You can have his facegen if you like it or I'll make you one up custom as your own preset.  Just let me know.  Racemenu is pretty easy for me now.  But, it's tough to make male Dunmer and Altmer that look appealing.  They look alien to start so there's only so much that can be done without other mods.  I can make decent male Bosmer and gorgeous female Dunmer and Bosmer.  But, the best I could do with Loki was a touch of Vincent Price.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Loki 2.0 here today.  The face is the same, just different hair and war paint.  I can completely redesign a look with hair and war paint or ladies make up.  All of the male Dunmer eyes have the bags under them and the naturally inclined brow ridge.  So, I kept the deep set eyes, added purple shadow to mirror the war paint and smooth out the wrinkles a bit and made this version of Loki more of a Morrowind surfer dude...  Hahaha:rofl:  There were some really tasty waves out on the Bitter Coast dude!  It was totally gnarly out at Gnaar Mok, fer sure man... righteous...  hahahaha:rofl: 

Something I meant to say and forgot...

I zero the complexion slider in racemenu to remove wrinkles, blemishes and other crap that slider adds.  I don't like any of the options in the complexion slider for any race.  I zero out dirt as well.  Neither of those effects are worth adding IMHO.  Yet, they are worth removing from whatever preset you choose.  Hope that helps.

Adventure on my friends, Phat:blackhand:

Well here's what I ended up doing.  Years of manually adding mods and crap eventually requires this.

I 'unfollowed' all the mods on Beth.net.  I uninstalled the game.  I manually deleted the game folder from the STEAM directory.

I then reinstalled the game.  I started following 10 and only ten mods from Beth.net.  No manually installed mods.  This is it.  This is the only mods running, all from Beth.net (just for ease of management).  Wanted to try to run a very mod lite game.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch (just too much in the vanilla game needs fixed)

Immersive Citizens (just to add some life to the NPC's)

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul (just to add more to what the NPC's say)

Static Mesh Improvements (basic object improvements)

High Poly Vanilla Hair (I don't want beauty salon hair, but something that looks better than a rat nest is nice)

LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons (because some vanilla weapons are just FUBAR.  yeah I'm looking at you glass sword)

Fatherland: Sons/Daughters (technically two mods, but I'll combine them for this count.  much needed skin improvements)

Semi-Open Guard Helmets (cause guards wearing black sacks on their heads under their helmets just looks so stupid)

Hearthfire Display Case Fix (home display cases are completely useless without this)

Subtle Vampires (would love to hear the explanation of why vampires, even those living among humans, have to look like freaks after DawnGuard was released)

Belt-Fastened Quivers (just cool looking)

Diverse Guards (for wokeness)

Covered Carriages (cause it rains sometimes in Skyrim)

Okay yeah that's more than 10.  Sue me.

Well we'll see what I can come up with using just these mods.  I think that the only one that's going to effect the character's looks is Fatherland (and the hair mod).  If I can't get a male Dunmer to look right I will add something that will help that, or just play a female ... again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:27 AM, LeBurns said:

You asked for the mods.  I gave you my short list.  I recommend that you add Racemenu at the very least.  Yes, it has a bunch more sliders, many of which I don't even use.  However, it adds some key sliders that can really benefit your character's appearance.  You can even sculpt the face mesh directly.  Personally, I find the sculpting feature a bit confusing.  Yet, others swear by it.  I just use the extra sliders for finer adjustments to eyes, nose, mouth, jaw, cheeks and occasionally, the expression.  I currently run well over three hundred mods.  Yet, if I were to pare down my list Racemenu would be one of the few I'd keep at all cost.  Your HP Vanilla Hair mod will work just fine for males.  I originally ran my Loki with vanilla hair, tied up in a high tail in the back.  There are only a few of the KS Hair options that I will actually use on my males.  Most are far too frou frou for my humble taste.  I could say the same for the ladies as well... There are some seriously over done hairstyles.  So, you're fine with what you have.  You may wish to consider using an eye mod as well.  Eyes of Beauty is good but I don't like the elvish eyes addon.  I use several eye mods.  But, you may prefer to keep it simple.  Most of those mods on bethnet have a listing on Nexus or other site so you can see more images prior to deciding on your preference.  Mods are a very personal choice.  So, I am not telling you what you should use, just making suggestions for what can help you answer your initial question here and that you might enjoy.:beer:

Even without the Racemenu mod, try the complexion slider when creating your character or hit the Ragged Flagon to see the face butcher.  There's a complexion slider in the generic SLE and SSE racemenu without using the Racemenu mod.  The complexion slider is just wrinkles, blemishes and other skin textures that look like hell, IMHO, every last one of them.  I always zero the dirt slider as well.  Most of the presets have the slider set to one of the crappy settings.  Just zero it out.  That will remove any wrinkles and other bad skin textures added by that slider.  There may still be some that are inherent to the race or face you chose and Dunmer tend to have those dark bags under their eyes no matter what.  But, that one tip might just be the key to fixing your little wrinkle trouble without adding any new mods.  You already have an enhanced skin texture.  So, try that and see.  Hope that helps you out, brother.:highfive:

Adventure ever on, Phat:blackhand:

I thought you meant to just use the console and type ShowRaceMenu.  I do that all the time to tweak my characters at the beginning.  Looks like the RaceMenu mod however uses the script extender.  Not sure why (but I know it's just me) but the last two times I tried to install that I had to completely remove Skyrim and reinstall it.  I just can't seem to do it right so I gave up.  There's a lot of mods I've never been able to try due to that.  But as I said this time around I'm going mod lite anyway.  Well see what I can do with Fatherland.

I believe Fatherland (and some others) use the complexion sliders to add freckles and such in addition to just adding pockmarks and wrinkles.  I've used it for freckles before.

Dirt is something I've never added in Skyrim.  Only one character have I ever used it on and that was a FO4 character I had who was just ... dirty.

ScreenShot88.jpg

• Like 2

You are on PC, not on Xbox, right?  If so, this is the mod...

Racemenu by Expired:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080

Even though Racemenu does not require SKSE or any other mods to work, there is no Xbox version.  IDK what there is for Xbox.  Racemenu requires no other mods to function.  I use quite a few mods that require SKSE, Racemenu is not one of them.  Hope that clarifies...:blackhand:Oooops.... I was wrong there.  Upon closer examination, the file page clearly states that SKSE IS required.  Apologies...

And, if the Fatherland mod adds better skin textures for complexion then give that a go.  But, I just turn mine off as I have no mod assisting those complexion settings.

Adventure on brother, Phat:blackhand:

PS:  I found the image I was seeking on my facebook.  So, this is my original Loki:highfive:

106282337_2640828732802361_4601790282394

Oh!  Racemenu allows you to use presets as well!  This mod has one decent Dunmer male preset and the only male Redguard I've seen.  There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of presets for females.  But, there are a few decent male presets here and there.  I can even make you one to order if you like.  Just send me some images to give me an idea.  I'm not able to replicate faces exactly.  But, I can capture the flavor, like Loki is loosely based on Vincent Price and my Piper Storm-Chaser, now a new follower mod thanks to ScorpioElite, is loosely based on Michelle Pfeiffer... hence the name Piper.  Yes, Pfeiffer is an archaic German and Yiddish useage for a piper but it still applies.:poke:

Polingc has some really good presets. 

Faces of Dragon Fodder - Presets for Racemenu
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21108

I used his Farah preset to make Vassa Tuz Lovaas.

The thing with using presets is that you have to use the same mods specified for that preset to get the exact same look.  However, even without those same mods, you can often get the facial shape then use the eyes, brows and other things that you do have to make something new.  Vassa doesn't match polingc's original Farah exactly.  I have different eyes, brows and scars than those recommended.  And, I think she still turned out rather nicely...

Farah Ibn Shaihalud...

21638-1543909866-1470599643.png

Vassa Tuz Lovaas...

92940117_2569885766563325_6641701683816593521066_2578332262385342_56288748011551

I've only used presets twice, once for Vassa and the other was a Nord, Leif Magnus.  I needed a quick face for a "test monkey" character and used polingc's Ragnar preset...

217563635_2933056410246257_5244559110399

Using presets simply gives you a better place to start.  You can still edit them to your heart's content once you add one to the active Racemenu edit for the current character you are creating or editing.  At present, I have a few dozen presets of my own which are basically characters I created then saved their face as a preset in Racemenu.  These are just some of the reasons that I swear by Racemenu by Expired.  I can't make good looking characters without it.

After Vassa, I made Oz Zahkri Lovaas... another Redguard and a rather long string of other custom characters.  But, rather than fill this post up with my images, I'll simply share one more... Piper Storm-Chaser... the follower and her original character version...  Yes, presets can allow you to create the exact same character again and again.  However, I always change something... hahaha:lmao:

Piper the follower...

47935-1628641058-373663548.jpeg

Original Piper...

47935-1617305857-990281240.jpeg

I made a few changes to my load order since that image was snapped.  So, the follower is now the only copy I have of Piper's original facegen data.  The preset is partially corrupted and I'm using a different eyeliner mod now too.  So, I'll eventually lift the original Piper preset from the follower mod and play them as twins:hug:haha:lmao:

This is what Piper and Piper look like in game together at present.  The eye make up is different and old Piper has a new nose... that was the part that got corrupted or maybe is just looking strange to my eye now in Racemenu... IDK.  But, here's one last look for now.  Whatever you choose, brother, enjoy your time in our favorite game!:beer:Cheers!

47935-1628640989-1897528843.jpeg

Adventure on, Phat:blackhand:

1 hour ago, LeBurns said:

Dirt is something I've never added in Skyrim.  Only one character have I ever used it on and that was a FO4 character I had who was just ... dirty.

ScreenShot88.jpg

She's a very dirty girl!  Hahaha:rofl:

3 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

You are on PC, not on Xbox, right?  If so, this is the mod...

Racemenu by Expired:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080

Even though Racemenu does not require SKSE or any other mods to work, there is no Xbox version.  IDK what there is for Xbox.  Racemenu requires no other mods to function.  I use quite a few mods that require SKSE, Racemenu is not one of them.  Hope that clarifies...:blackhand:

This is what the link says just under ABOUT THIS MOD.  At the end is says it requires SKSE.  I did note however that it doesn't mention it in the mod requirements.  Odd:  Complete overhaul to the character creation menu including new customization features such as multiple RGBA warpaints, body paints, hand paint, and foot paints. (Requires SKSE)  and: 

REQUIREMENTS

The Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64), Version 2.0.7 (or newer matching the RaceMenu version) is REQUIRED to run RaceMenu SE.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phatbassanchor said:

And, if the Fatherland mod adds better skin textures for complexion then give that a go.  But, I just turn mine off as I have no mod assisting those complexion settings.

PS:  I found the image I was seeking on my facebook.  So, this is my original Loki:highfive:

106282337_2640828732802361_4601790282394

The face paint does do a good job of covering the wrinkles.  I'll give that a go.

• Like 1

Okay with minimal mods this is a quick male and female I did.  Went with male.  Face paint does help.

20210827193946_1.jpg

20210827193959_1.jpg

• Like 2

Well played, brother.  Well played indeed!:blackhand:

While you were creating... I did a little research.

This is what the Racemenu mod page says for the SSE version...

Requirements

This mod does not have any known dependencies other than the base game.

However, once you go to DL the file...

"Complete overhaul to the character creation menu including new customization features. REQUIRES SKSE64 2.0.17 or greater"

So, I guess it does require SKSE after all...  I have always used SKSE.  So, it's not even a thought for me.  But, there are mods that I avoid too.  So, I totally get it.  Phat and papyrus are oil and water.  We don't mix.

I double checked Enhanced Character Edit, another character creation tool, as well.  It also requires SKSE.  TBH, I was a bit anxious about SKSE myself because it requires a manual installation.  But, I installed it in Vortex to have SKSE launch SSE every time AND I installed a second SKSE SSE launch on my desktop to bypass Vortex and launch the game directly using SKSE.  However, using bethnet mods and SKSE often conflicts.  Bethnet mods often break SKSE extensions.  So, if you are considering using SKSE for Racemenu, Bodyslide or any of the other mods that require extended scripts you would want to install SKSE and the mods that use it AFTER any bethnet mods.  That "AFTER" applies to both the sequence in which you install the mods and in the structure of your load order.  

I'm going to stop there as I doubt you have any actual interest in using SKSE.  I basically just finished what I had started and am sending it along now.  So, well played on your new characters.  For the tools you mentioned that you are using, you did rather well.

Your Dunmer female has better war paint... used that for the original Loki, then changed to the Dunmer figured ribbons around the nose and eye for Loki 2.0.:stare:  My Dunmer have been featuring the Dunmer war paints more frequently of late...

Loki was the last with vanilla war paint that is available to all races.  Afterward I started preferring the Dunmer styles.  Here's a last look at Loki as he was, kissing Jenassa... Bye bye Loki...  ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Sometimes I just add elvish ears to my Nords, Bretons and Imperials.  Anja here is officially a Nord as far as the game is concerned.  But, her lore is half elvish with a Bosmer mother... Haha...  still looking for the Dunmer shots... 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ah ha!  Here we go...  one I made for an upcoming Amilovescake mod...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=LettA593FC8E2C909686EF35FF302F1C31DC0C1FA25E (1920×1080)?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

And, the Dunmer female for Ami's mod as well...  Played with this one for a bit...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

She took Atlana the Nord-half giantess as a follower...

I made both of these Dunmer for Amilovescake to use in an upcoming Falkreath addition.  Since it was Falkreath and not Solstheim or Windhelm I only made two Dunmerii.  There are over two dozen in all to lend some variety to Ami's new mod, Nords, Bosmer, Bretons and even an Imperial female or two.  I forget many of them now, at least what I used for names, I'm better with faces.  Kaer, my current avatar here, is one of them as well.  I even made her a Nico...:highfive:  So, there's the rest of what I was posting and hit send too soon.

• Like 2

Well... while I'm here...  More that I made for Ami...

One of half a dozen Bosmer...

One of the Nords...  Nords are super easy...

An Imperial...  I think...  maybe Breton?  Hell, IDK...  Made her for a merchant class... that much I do know.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Another Nord lass...

The stick up her bum Bosmer...

My tiny Breton... love her!:wub:  She's the shortest character I've made. 

So, I gave her the longest braid that I have.:rofl:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

An old Bosmer hunter... Folks say he resembles David Bowie.  RIP David Bowie... 

What do you think?  Should I give this character heterochromia like Bowie had?

And, another Imperial merchant type...

Hope you enjoyed a little sneak peek into some of the characters I made for Ami.

• Like 2