Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

2 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Theres an update available for Ghosts of the Tribunal now.

I wonder what the future of Creation Club is now. Will they still release new CC mods occasionaly ? It was dead for a really long time for both Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I wonder if that update happens automatically if you have AE.  I know Beth.net mods I get notified there's an update and I have to manually tell it to update.  I've not much experience in how CC mods do it.

I would be really surprised if more CC content drops at this point.  I think they cleared out their drawers of everything they had saved up and are moving on.

I'm pretty sure CC updates have to be downloaded manually from the Creation Club interface, even if you got it through the Anniversary Edition.

• Like 2

Yeah just open up the CC online area through the main menu when you start Skyrim and it will have an update button. Forgotten Seasons also got an update right after AE released.

For those experiencing the CTD issue, it is connected to the corrupted Textures.  There is a patch for the textures, and installing it seems to get the CTD to go away, at least for the Mythic Dawn Museum.  I tested it this AM. 

hello everyone

JOB Available: How to install mods on Skyrim Anniversary Edition ... seriously Im not joking, just need someone to take me from vanilla to a FULL modded game (willing to answer questions in private)

When god was raining brains I was holding a umbrella ... but when it comes to combat its uhmmm its a different story

been playing vanilla all this time I realy have no idea where to start ... like do I open Vortex? ... do I have to clean mods ext ext ext?

any help welcome ... Im not so smart with this part of the game (modding)

4 hours ago, Sah said:

hello everyone

JOB Available: How to install mods on Skyrim Anniversary Edition ... seriously Im not joking, just need someone to take me from vanilla to a FULL modded game (willing to answer questions in private)

When god was raining brains I was holding a umbrella ... but when it comes to combat its uhmmm its a different story

been playing vanilla all this time I realy have no idea where to start ... like do I open Vortex? ... do I have to clean mods ext ext ext?

Well, Sah, this is my standard response in the Steam forum to questions about how to mod for those new to it (or who may have been away from it for a long time), with links to the basic things needed for those starting out - as well as a little advice. Some of the linked topics were written before the SSE update, but are still being actively maintained and updated, so there shouldn't be a problem - and if there is then ask.  Scanning through these will also give a basic understanding so that when getting private advice, you can better understand what is being explained, as well as to have a better handle on what questions to ask.

First, be aware that with the SSE update and the release of the Anniversary edition addon/bundle, things are a little bit up in the air as regards modding (that's for the people who were hiding and thus don't know - LOL!).  Not that there is any real issue, but some people perceive that there is, and there is a lot of incorrect information being posted and floating around.

As to modding - modding requires reading, and a lot of it. But no one should be scared off, there are guides to help you through, as well as many very knowledgeable people to answer any questions you may have. So, to start -

See this guide first (currently the best beginner's guide there is):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1986067552
It covers all the basics, as well as having links to troubleshooting guides and other topics.
Also see its companion thread for any questions you would like to ask (Vlad, the guide author is extremely helpful - as well as being the resident expert on the use of Vortex).

See this guide, as well, as it covers the update/upgrade:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2664164755

And for more explanations:
Skyrim SE: Guides and Resources (Steam PINNED TOPIC) by Ilja

For links to guides, tutorials, vids, and other important information, refer to this (Steam PINNED TOPIC) resource:
HELPFUL LINKS AND REFERENCES

It is also absolutely essential that you install the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (of course, being a long time AFK member, you already know this - or should): 
For complete information regarding the Patch, see (PINNED TOPIC) Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (USSEP) - A Must Have,  as well as what is posted on AFK by the Unofficial Patch Project team (which trumps what anyone else may have to say about the Patch).

And if you do decide to get the AE upgrade/bundle, you will also need this (or if you use any CC content):
Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches

Be aware, however, that due to the update and changes to the game, the above two patches are now being further developed to take into account the changes made due to the most recent SSE update and release of the AE upgrade/bundle, so they will be further updated down the road to cover anything not presently covered.

Finally, and most importantly, start small - just add a few mods at a time, test, and then play for a while to ensure there are no issues - don't fall into the trap of adding a bunch of mods and then trying to play. And, very important!!! For most mods, once they are added, they cannot be removed and play continued on that save - you have to roll back to a save made before that removed/disabled mod was installed, or start a new game - absolutely no ifs, ands, or buts about it. So make sure you make a manual save before adding anything, and save often (manually) while playing, so you can roll back to a previous save if necessary. (For why you cannot remove/disable mods mid-playthrough, see: You CANNOT Remove Mods Mid-Playthrough

If you have any questions, or are unsure of something, ask first - it is easier to prevent a problem than it is to fix one - especially where Skyrim is concerned.

Sah, my response is much simpler.

You start by picking a Mod Manager.  Ask a dozen people, and you get a dozen answers as to which one is "best".  I use the community version  of  NMM with Loot.  Others will swear by MO2 while a host of voices will advocate for Vortex.  Just ask someone you trust and go from there.

As for your first mod, it should now and forever be the unofficial patch for whichever game you are modding.  It is so much simpler to play the game when the majority of annoying little bugs are fixed.  Form there, go with what you like; just as SSE is a wide open game, so is the modding world.  Start small, experiment, add more, throw some away, add some more.  Find what makes your game more satisfying for you. and add pieces.  And don't be afraid, because; being human; you will makes mistakes.  Everyone here has stepped in it more than once.

Just follow a few simple rules. 

1. Keep good backups.  Daily, or more if you are adding/removing mods or shifting things around a lot.
  2. Start a new game every time you add a mod to see how it plays well with others.  Some mods are simply incomparable. 
  3. Go slow.  People don't wake up on Thursday and create a 398 mod list from scratch. 
  4. Have fun.  If it isn't fun, stop, go back to basics and start over. 
  5. Did I mention backups. 

EDIT:

If you need help, go to a small community you trust and are comfortable with.  Avoid large communities when asking for help because you will either get too many conflicting responses to deal with, or crickets.  Nexus mods and their discords, Bethesda.net's Discord, and reddit's r/skyrimmods are all places to avoid unless you have asbestos skivvies and an iron hide.

I never really turned my mods off.  I just selected them again on Beth.net and then manually added a few more just like before.  They all worked like always.  I haven't noted any special work-arounds needed for AE.  Course I do play mod-lite, so nothing major is changed anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LeBurns said:

I never really turned my mods off.  I just selected them again on Beth.net and then manually added a few more just like before.  They all worked like always.  I haven't noted any special work-arounds needed for AE.  Course I do play mod-lite, so nothing major is changed anyway.

Think you will find that those of us that are having problem's are SKSE users waiting until the round of updates for these mods are over so we can see what still works and what not, then act accordingly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Uncus said:

Think you will find that those of us that are having problem's are SKSE users waiting until the round of updates for these mods are over so we can see what still works and what not, then act accordingly.

By the way, a person in the Steam forums (Wolfpack) provided this link (which I added to my pinned topic there), and those using SKSE64 dependent mods may find it to be of use (as of now, it is being actively maintained and is - or should be - up to date):

SKSE Plugin Status
A list of known plugins for Skyrim Script Extender and the compatible game versions.
https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

• Like 2

15 hours ago, smr1957 said:

Well, Sah, this is my standard response in the Steam forum to questions about how to mod for those new to it (or who may have been away from it for a long time), with links to the basic things needed for those starting out - as well as a little advice. Some of the linked topics were written before the SSE update, but are still being actively maintained and updated, so there shouldn't be a problem - and if there is then ask.  Scanning through these will also give a basic understanding so that when getting private advice, you can better understand what is being explained, as well as to have a better handle on what questions to ask.

First, be aware that with the SSE update and the release of the Anniversary edition addon/bundle, things are a little bit up in the air as regards modding (that's for the people who were hiding and thus don't know - LOL!).  Not that there is any real issue, but some people perceive that there is, and there is a lot of incorrect information being posted and floating around.

As to modding - modding requires reading, and a lot of it. But no one should be scared off, there are guides to help you through, as well as many very knowledgeable people to answer any questions you may have. So, to start -

See this guide first (currently the best beginner's guide there is):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1986067552
It covers all the basics, as well as having links to troubleshooting guides and other topics.
Also see its companion thread for any questions you would like to ask (Vlad, the guide author is extremely helpful - as well as being the resident expert on the use of Vortex).

See this guide, as well, as it covers the update/upgrade:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2664164755

And for more explanations:
Skyrim SE: Guides and Resources (Steam PINNED TOPIC) by Ilja

For links to guides, tutorials, vids, and other important information, refer to this (Steam PINNED TOPIC) resource:
HELPFUL LINKS AND REFERENCES

It is also absolutely essential that you install the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (of course, being a long time AFK member, you already know this - or should): 
For complete information regarding the Patch, see (PINNED TOPIC) Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (USSEP) - A Must Have,  as well as what is posted on AFK by the Unofficial Patch Project team (which trumps what anyone else may have to say about the Patch).

And if you do decide to get the AE upgrade/bundle, you will also need this (or if you use any CC content):
Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches

Be aware, however, that due to the update and changes to the game, the above two patches are now being further developed to take into account the changes made due to the most recent SSE update and release of the AE upgrade/bundle, so they will be further updated down the road to cover anything not presently covered.

Finally, and most importantly, start small - just add a few mods at a time, test, and then play for a while to ensure there are no issues - don't fall into the trap of adding a bunch of mods and then trying to play. And, very important!!! For most mods, once they are added, they cannot be removed and play continued on that save - you have to roll back to a save made before that removed/disabled mod was installed, or start a new game - absolutely no ifs, ands, or buts about it. So make sure you make a manual save before adding anything, and save often (manually) while playing, so you can roll back to a previous save if necessary. (For why you cannot remove/disable mods mid-playthrough, see: You CANNOT Remove Mods Mid-Playthrough

If you have any questions, or are unsure of something, ask first - it is easier to prevent a problem than it is to fix one - especially where Skyrim is concerned.

thanks very much ... a shipment of wood will arrive shortly as first payment for your help

14 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Sah, my response is much simpler.

You start by picking a Mod Manager.  Ask a dozen people, and you get a dozen answers as to which one is "best".  I use the community version  of  NMM with Loot.  Others will swear by MO2 while a host of voices will advocate for Vortex.  Just ask someone you trust and go from there.

As for your first mod, it should now and forever be the unofficial patch for whichever game you are modding.  It is so much simpler to play the game when the majority of annoying little bugs are fixed.  Form there, go with what you like; just as SSE is a wide open game, so is the modding world.  Start small, experiment, add more, throw some away, add some more.  Find what makes your game more satisfying for you. and add pieces.  And don't be afraid, because; being human; you will makes mistakes.  Everyone here has stepped in it more than once.

Just follow a few simple rules. 

1. Keep good backups.  Daily, or more if you are adding/removing mods or shifting things around a lot.
  2. Start a new game every time you add a mod to see how it plays well with others.  Some mods are simply incomparable. 
  3. Go slow.  People don't wake up on Thursday and create a 398 mod list from scratch. 
  4. Have fun.  If it isn't fun, stop, go back to basics and start over. 
  5. Did I mention backups. 

EDIT:

If you need help, go to a small community you trust and are comfortable with.  Avoid large communities when asking for help because you will either get too many conflicting responses to deal with, or crickets.  Nexus mods and their discords, Bethesda.net's Discord, and reddit's r/skyrimmods are all places to avoid unless you have asbestos skivvies and an iron hide.

Nexus mods and their discords, Bethesda.net's Discord, and reddit's r/skyrimmods are all places to avoid unless you have asbestos skivvies and an iron hide

just for that advice you too will receive a shipment of wood that will arrive shortly as first payment for your help

36 minutes ago, Sah said:

just for that advice you too will receive a shipment of wood that will arrive shortly as first payment for your help

Given the season, send lumps of coal.  :D

not planing on going big on the modding part ... Sah is more focused on keeping the original vanilla stats and mechanics

I have around two weeks to set up my game for my live stream (modded) on January 1st 2022

I wish to play Skyrim AE using survival mode and any other CC mods that come with the update ... want to keep it as simple as possible

So this what I need to import my Sah into the game

I need ... believe it or not just 3 mods to create the Sah you see in my avatar picture

• UNP Female Body Renewal
  • RaceMenu
  • KS Hairdos SSE

VERY IMPORTANT next I need someone to PLEASE confirm these two mods will work so I can deliver what I have promised (will be playing using x3 enemy spawns version)

Not essential but be good if these mods work

Lastly would like to know if I can use these mods in the pictures?

Screenshot 2021-12-19 144800.png

Screenshot 2021-12-19 144733.png

as you can see not planing to go big on the mod department, do I need anything else that I should use? and last question ... there is no issue installing textures YES/NO?

thanks for any help ... a shipment of wood will arrive shortly after your first reply :)

42 minutes ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Given the season, send lumps of coal.  :D

no but seriously ... why go anywhere else for advice? :shrug:

Nexus mods and their discords, Bethesda.net's Discord, and reddit's r/skyrimmods are all places to avoid unless you have asbestos skivvies and an iron hide

do you think anyone can post bullshit advice on AFK and get away with it and all the attitude?

you want advice or any information about Skyrim this is the place to get it :xmastroll:

My biggest disappointment with survival mode is the fast travel restriction

don't get me wrong I like it but ... but if your playing the main quest line do you know how many times you have to run up the 7000 steps? if you plan it well that's 5 times, but first you will have to some way get to Ivarstead ... it takes you around 40-50min to ascend the mountain and around the same time to get to your next location ... that's over a hour running up and down that mountain ... now you have to do that 5 times to complete the main quest line? you actually will spend over 5 hours running up and down this mountain... and dont get me started about Winterhold and the College quest

YES you will say install a carriage mod and get over it

but why should I have to? ... I payed for this ... at least they had the foresight to add some carriages to main locations you have to go to repeatedly... why would anyone play survival mode a second, third time? ... its even worse when you stream it live ... your viewer has to watch your boring runs to everywhere

yes it help if you can fast travel like this (Throught of the World to Ivarstead in under 2min check the time on video)... but still you have to get to the location

On 12/18/2021 at 12:08 AM, Sah said:

hello everyone

You might want to try opening up a new topic in the mod support and discussion part of the site if you still need help setting up your game since this one is specifically for discussion of the Anniversary Edition announcement. That way the discussion here doesn't go way off the intended subject, and the moderators don't lock it.

4 hours ago, BlackPete said:

You might want to try opening up a new topic in the mod support and discussion part of the site if you still need help setting up your game since this one is specifically for discussion of the Anniversary Edition announcement. That way the discussion here doesn't go way off the intended subject, and the moderators don't lock it.

all good BlackPet ...I will work it out my self

anyways thanks for helping ... its not what I expected

On 12/19/2021 at 12:08 AM, Sah said:

if your playing the main quest line do you know how many times you have to run up the 7000 steps?

Personally I never use map-based fast travel.  I've played many thousands of hours of Oblivion and Skyrim without it.  But I have to admit, that trek up to High Hrothgar is the one time in either game when I was sorely tempted to use it.  As you say, it can be a mind-numbly dull experience.  I certainly understand your frustration. 

I incorporate things I don't expect or don't like - accidents, glitches, tedious tasks like this - into my roleplaying.  When it is part of their story I find it is easier to bear, and often takes their stories in directions I never would have thought of when I bagn the character. In the case of High Hrothgar, my characters may procrastinate just as people in real life might do.  Tedium becomes part of their story.

When they do make the long trek up to High Hrothgar I imagine them complaining to themselves all the way.  This can actually be funny.  I imagine them being rude to people on the way up, grumbling about having to do all the work, why doesn't anybody repair these damn steps, who in their right mind would live all the way up her, and so on.  When I reach High Hrothgar at last I imagine them speaking their lines of dialogue in ill-tempered, cantankerous tones of voice (one of the great things about non-voice-acted roleplaying games).  It can make the journey almost enjoyable. 

Also, I take these feelings of frustration and annoyance as a sign that I am not in the mood to roleplay right now.  Like most things in life, it helps if we are in the proper mood.  I do a lot of woodworking in real life and I have learned that when I am not in the mood to follow safety guidelines I should put down the tools and do something else.  I take the same attitude towards roleplaying.  The game will still be there when I am in a more receptive mood.

Although I don't use survival mode (or survival mods) I play pretty close to it normally.  I avoid map-based fast travel, my character's health does not regenerate, they eat at least twice a day, sleep at least six hours a day, they wear hoods and warmer clothes in snowy areas...and so on.  The difference between what I do and survival mode is that I control these things, not a developer.  I adjust these things slightly for each character because each character is a little different.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts on High Hrothgar.  :)

On 12/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, Pseron Wyrd said:

Personally I never use map-based fast travel

I agree. In fact, I didn't realize it was possible during the first year or so playing the game. There's no tutorial telling you how to fast travel. But Alvor does tell you to take the carriage to Solitude.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:08 AM, Sah said:

at least they had the foresight to add some carriages to main locations you have to go to repeatedly

In the vanilla game files, there are actually carriage routes with voiced travelogue. Restored by Touring Carriages. A bit boring the 3rd time you ride each route, but you can always tell the driver to wake you up. And some travelogue changes as the game progresses.

Happy New Year to everyone. :beer:

I finally got my hands on a new Series X xbone. So, i had no choice but to download the updated version of Skyrim. The game looks good with the optimized X/S version and runs smooth as hell, although i could only play to Riverwood so far. Took me some time to download all my mods again (or almost all, changed some things and some aren't available anymore). But as usual beth frakked me in the knee again. I can no longer activate or deactivate mods in my loadorder when the console is offline. :crash:   So bethesda, you can take your reminder for the AE upgrade that is molesting my start screen and shove it where the sun don't shine. I rather use the 20€ to light my cigarette.

This is with Skyland and some Tree mod. But still need to make some screens in Vanilla to compare it. Not final on the Weather mod either. But now that they made mod testing just as tedious as in Fallout 4 my motivation is rather low. At least the performance is great so far. 1899332306_Skyrim2022-01-0211-10-56.thumb.jpg.a780b2907350e75bd5e5ab31a9acae0e.jpg347955048_Skyrim2022-01-0211-00-41.thumb.jpg.1767860ede73279d11e344efab99d872.jpg948263984_Skyrim2022-01-0211-04-49.thumb.jpg.ec24a70ff45f321f5bf293b441f05bd5.jpg1231331057_Skyrim2022-01-0211-10-44.thumb.jpg.513346c32e34cce2ac341005d294c49e.jpg

• Like 2

NEW UPDATE TO BE IMMINENTLY RELEASED BY BETHESDA - will inlude fix for CTDs at Dawnstar Museum and Kolbjorn Barrow:

Originally posted by Pickysaurus:
"Hi everyone, as a heads up Skyrim Special Edition will get an update within the next 10 minutes to fix the texture issue causing CTDs in Dawnstar (and in some mods that use the corrupt textures).

This update may include a small change to the EXE so SKSE may need an update before all your mods will work."

From Nexus Mods Discord:
https://discord.com/channels/215154001799413770/215485233292640257/928662907762376734

NOW UPDATED:

PC (Steam): 74.5MB

FIXES
Fixed an issue causing PC players (Steam and Microsoft Store) to crash when entering Kolbjorn Barrow and the Dawnstar Museum.