Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

4 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

SPOILER ALERT      SPOILER ALERT      SPOILER ALERT

Hide contents

When the Saints and Seducers quest is active, you can talk to the bug and induce it to follow you.  I will leave the rest for you to discover.

PS.  The Dark Seducer armor looks terrible on a manikin. 

I did try interacting with it several times before attacking it.  Never got the option.  I did close the cage before leaving the camp.  If it's still there I suppose I can try talking to it again.  Though I suppose it's okay to just leave it and that it's not necessary to finish the questline.

Still odd that my summons could not kill the bandits and they acted like they were essential until I punched them.

Here is the data from the patch for SSE which dropped today:

image.thumb.png.53ea05448eb4a909eae8d31c3884d2ae.png

• Like 3

I remember this bug from Legendary Edition (fixed by patch)

the game would not recognize Wylandriah's Soul Gem as a quest item ... you could use the gem in enchanting or recharging a weapon

problem was that if you did use the gem in enchanting it would be destroyed forever and you could never complete Wylandriah's side quest (also you got stuck with the spoon and ingot in your inventory for the rest of the game)

Screenshot 2021-11-24 110316.png

• Like 2

So has anyone tried the new content?  I know Leburns has tried some.  Anyone else?  I bought the AE for 1 specific dlc, and that was the 'Ghosts of the Tribunal' dlc.  I am a huge Morrowind fan and when I saw the Indoril and Her Hands armor I was intrigued.  Back when I played Morrowind I was not a fan of the Tribunal, since I was Nerevar Incarnate and the Tribunal possibly had hand in my demise.  Anyway it's been pretty good so far.  I used the 'Potion of Ultimate Leveling'  to bump up levels, since I was headed to Solstheim via the excellent 'Live Another Life' mod, and needed to be high enough in level to stand a chance.

9 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

So has anyone tried the new content?  I know Leburns has tried some.  Anyone else?  I bought the AE for 1 specific dlc, and that was the 'Ghosts of the Tribunal' dlc.  I am a huge Morrowind fan and when I saw the Indoril and Her Hands armor I was intrigued.  Back when I played Morrowind I was not a fan of the Tribunal, since I was Nerevar Incarnate and the Tribunal possibly had hand in my demise.  Anyway it's been pretty good so far.  I used the 'Potion of Ultimate Leveling'  to bump up levels, since I was headed to Solstheim via the excellent 'Live Another Life' mod, and needed to be high enough in level to stand a chance.

I haven't tried that stuff yet, but it may be higher level and I restarted for this run.  So far I've seen some alternate armors/robes, the S&S dlc started and I got some Dark Seducer armor/weapons.  Haven't tried fishing yet but seen the items, seen the farm house outside of Whiterun (looks really nice), but it's not for my character.  I am already anxious to start other role-plays to try the other things.  Playing a Dunmer and getting all the new Dunmer items is HIGH on the list.

I haven't tried very much of it either.  I've looted a few items like backpacks and armor (Leather Scout Armor from Alternative Light Armors is a favorite).  I also like the new spells, like Elemental Bolt and Paralysis Rune, added by Arcane Accessories.  Necromantic Grimoire's Undying Ghost is already my favorite summons spell in the entire "vanilla" game.  

Status report:  my Creation Club-only character got hit with the black screen bug so while I was waiting for that to be fixed I decided to start over with a modded game (I missed Ultimate Deadly Encounters too much).  I spent a whole day editing KS Hairdos from 830 hairs down to about 50 (I didn't want to load 4 gigs of data just to use one hairstyle) and my edits to Ordinator are finished now, so I expect to start my new modded game today.  

I have a Breton roleplay in mind for this game.  But, like LeBurns, a Dunmer using the new Dunmer Creation Club content is high on my list (I loved Dunmer culture in Morrowind).  That is almost certainly going to be my next character. 

I downloaded the full package for my unmodded Xbox game and started a few quests. Lots of new notes, journals, dialogue topics and occasional corpses scattered around to find that start the quests. I'm in the middle of one called Bones of the Crow, which I can't even find what it's for. Probably one of the new weapons or something. I just died because level 5 is not high enough even on Novice, so be careful if starting a new game (or, you know, play on PC where you have god mode, which is how I usually play new quest mods). My level 45 save loaded fine, so maybe I'll continue with that one. I've also seen a bunch of the new items at vendors and in loot. I bought a backpack from Grelka and then promptly found a collection of better ones in a dungeon. Figures. I forgot a basic rule, "never buy anything."

It all seems to integrate smoothly, so I went ahead and updated my PC modded install, after uninstalling all SKSE .dll mods. SkyUI seems to work fine. Alt-Started in Riften to start the Fishing quests, which actually look like fun. Although I had to quit when I tried to cast and hit a guy with the rod instead, getting a bounty (which has roleplay possibilities -- Wabbajack-and-fishing rod as your only weapons! I wonder if you can enchant them). Anyway, I've always enjoyed doing mundane tasks in Skyrim and wish there were more of them. 

I'm really interested in the big new quests. Now that I've seen that the update works on both platforms, that will be my next mission.

Some people on Reddit and Nexus are talking like it's the Apocalypse, of course. But it was a Reddit thread on Fishing, with all the items people are finding along with some discussion of the other CC items, that convinced me to try it. Lots of people seem to be having a lot of fun with AE. Just when I thought I was out, they sucked me back in.

Updated to windows 11, and installed the full anniversary edition upgrade including all CC mods. So far everything seems to work ok with the exception of "Honed Metal" the crafting mod that adds the ability to buy equipment and have it upgraded by a smith and have enchantments added by an enchanter. It appears to not recognize the new version and gives a fault notice. I have left messages to the author requesting an update now its a waiting game to see if it gets done.

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

Updated to windows 11, and installed the full anniversary edition upgrade including all CC mods. So far everything seems to work ok with the exception of "Honed Metal" the crafting mod that adds the ability to buy equipment and have it upgraded by a smith and have enchantments added by an enchanter. It appears to not recognize the new version and gives a fault notice. I have left messages to the author requesting an update now its a waiting game to see if it gets done.

Is Honed Metal part of the CC items?  Never heard of it.

Yes, Honed Metal was one of the mods I dropped for PC. It's a good mod, but I always end up being my own smith and enchanter anyway. I can live without it, although I'm considering just playing the CC stuff on Xbox. 

My level 45 Xbox game is going great. These CC mods are piled in on top of each other, but it all feels organic. A courier came up and gave me 4 notes that started quests (two for houses, one for an alternate armor, one for Forgotten Seasons), and on the way to one of those I passed by a Saints and Seducers location, which started the quest (there appear to be many ways to start it, similar to Forgotten Legend). It had a journal that sent me to a second location and a note for an alternate armor location. The second S&S location also had a tie-in for one of the big quests, so I have that started too. If you're like me and are prone to journal overload, it just got 10 times worse!

got to ask ...

is survival mode affected by the difficulty you chose?

like I died in freezing water in under 10sec (playing legendary) ... is it the same on adept, do you also die in 10 sec in freezing water?

On 12/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, Sah said:

got to ask ...

is survival mode affected by the difficulty you chose?

like I died in freezing water in under 10sec (playing legendary) ... is it the same on adept, do you also die in 10 sec in freezing water?

OK seriously ... is survival mode affected by difficulty

SCENARIO

you dip into freezing water and you die in under 10sec

is that normal on adept difficulty? do you also die in under 10sec?

I know you guys can look into stats like this, I know if I am playing x0.25 Vs x3 (legendary)... I need to know what the survival mode multiplier is if any? ... I just need to know what I'm up against or is it just my imagination that things are very different

thanks for any help

Sah, your are out in front of the pack here, so ... please be patient.   

It occurs to me that it would be helpful for any responder if they knew which survival mod you're playing?  The one which came with the 11 Nov 2021 update, or one of the several others?

Also, your load order would also be helpful in determining if any mod/mods may be altering or resetting any values. 

And thanks for your patience, someone with more knowledge than I will eventually get to you. 

PS.  If you are using the 11 Nov 2021 Survival mod, here is a Wiki page which may help with your questions. 

1 hour ago, Sah said:

SCENARIO

I know you guys can look into stats like this, I know if I am playing x0.25 Vs x3 (legendary)... I need to know what the survival mode multiplier is if any? ... I just need to know what I'm up against or is it just my imagination that things are very different

thanks for any help

I do not know as I have not tried it yet, but if I am correct that survival mode was made by or licensed from the Maker of frost fall it could be so. That's the main reason I stopped using Frostfall I found it too brutal.

2 hours ago, Sah said:

SCENARIO

thanks for any help

For a test you could check yourself.

Just save and then jump into freezing water.  Count how long it takes you to die.  Then reload and just go into options and change the difficulty to Normal and jump in the water again.  Again count how long it takes you to die.  That should tell you right away if there is a difference and how sever it is.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Just save and then jump into freezing water.  Count how long it takes you to die.  Then reload and just go into options and change the difficulty to Normal and jump in the water again.  Again count how long it takes you to die.  That should tell you right away if there is a difference and how sever it is.

Good call Le, It is as simple to check as that. Frost fall does have sliders for some values that lets you tailor your experience some what and make it more playable. Would be nice if survival mode did that too.

5 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Good call Le, It is as simple to check as that. Frost fall does have sliders for some values that lets you tailor your experience some what and make it more playable. Would be nice if survival mode did that too.

Well it won't give you the exact math of the feature, but it will definitely let you know if difficulty is being factored in.

Still debating using Survival Mode myself.  While I really like some of the features, others I'm not so fond of.  Still think I may try it though.  But I can see myself carrying salmon steaks with me all the time so I can grab a bite before every fight because I just hate not being at 100% for everything I do.  And that may get old.

16 hours ago, LeBurns said:

17 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Sah, your are out in front of the pack here, so ... please be patient.   

It occurs to me that it would be helpful for any responder if they knew which survival mod you're playing?  The one which came with the 11 Nov 2021 update, or one of the several others?

Also, your load order would also be helpful in determining if any mod/mods may be altering or resetting any values. 

And thanks for your patience, someone with more knowledge than I will eventually get to you. 

PS.  If you are using the 11 Nov 2021 Survival mod, here is a Wiki page which may help with your questions. 

100% there is a multiplier in play

on legendary it take me 7sec to die from freezing water

on adept it takes me around 20sec to die from freezing water

REPEATING THE QUESTION

can anyone please look up and tell me what the difficult multipliers are for survival mode ... I need the multiplier numbers, example is it x3 damage?

thanks for any help

PS is playing 100% vanilla ... there are no mods or load orders

15 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Well it won't give you the exact math of the feature, but it will definitely let you know if difficulty is being factored in.

Still debating using Survival Mode myself.  While I really like some of the features, others I'm not so fond of.  Still think I may try it though.  But I can see myself carrying salmon steaks with me all the time so I can grab a bite before every fight because I just hate not being at 100% for everything I do.  And that may get old.

saw your post on one of my videos asking about enchanting ... is writing a small in depth enchanting manual, will explain everything about all the perks and the logic of using them in lower levels of the game, the relationship of the enchanting skill tree with other skills trees like barter/smithing/armor/weapons/blocking ext ... also will cover dual enchanting (advanced course)

11 hours ago, Sah said:

saw your post on one of my videos asking about enchanting ... is writing a small in depth enchanting manual, will explain everything about all the perks and the logic of using them in lower levels of the game, the relationship of the enchanting skill tree with other skills trees like barter/smithing/armor/weapons/blocking ext ... also will cover dual enchanting (advanced course)

That would be cool.  I always felt that at lower levels Enchantment was very weak.  Concerning the 'crafting' skills with Smithing you can immediately get a useful boost just upgrading gear to FINE, and as your skill increases you can upgrade the same gear again and again.  Potions are just easy and cheap to make and it takes no time at all to make many potions to sell or use.  But I always felt that Enchantment was crippled in that once you enchant an item all you can do with that item is basically sell it, and the price seldom overcomes the cost in materials to make it.  Actually using items you enchant yourself takes a long long time as you'll be finding loot that's better when you're at low to mid levels.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, so a guide would be very helpful.

One thing to note is my characters never choose more than one crafting skill to use.  I just feel like realistically this makes sense as becoming a master in a craft like that is a life long endeavor.  The only exception I made to this rule was a Atlmer I ran whose family were famed for making enchanted armor and weapons.  In their case they needed both Smithing and Enchantment, and was excused due to their long lifespan to be able to master two crafts.  But that was the only time I ever justified doing that.

Concerning Survival mode.  My current character just wasn't panning out as I made some role-playing choices early on that were just really making it too hard to play.  So I started a new toon and tried Survival mode.  I made it all the way to Riverwood before I turned it off.  Seriously I got hungry three times just running from Helgen to Riverwood, and since hungry affects your attack speed, I didn't want that.  So that was a short lived experience.  I wish things like that could be adjusted, but the hunger meter was just going way too fast for my liking.  I could tell pretty quickly that my whole game would be me just eating apples and trying to stay at 100% full.  Just kind of sucked all the fun right out of the game.  :(

• Like 2

I use a combination of I-Need for my daily needs and can change the rate at which I get hungry, thirsty and fatigued and also the length of the day as well. this ensures that my needs are manageable and also allow me to play a game that is balanced to my taste.

Next up is campfire which adds camping equipment and extra cooking options.

lastly Frost fall the ancestor of survival mode. the difference is that exposure and protection levels can be adjusted making sure you do not freeze to death every five minutes.

There are patches available to ensure these three play together nicely, and also several addon's that add features and functions to one or all of these three mods.

If you do not want to be a master smith and enchanter try "Honed Metal", all smiths and enchanters in game take order for manufactur and improvement of equipment and enchanters do the same for enchanting equipment.

iNeed - Food Water and Sleep at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Campfire - Complete Camping System (Supports Skyrim VR) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Honed Metal SSE Updated at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

• 2 weeks later...

New update today:

•    Added additional translations when downloading creations
•    Fixed light flicker in the Ragged Flagon Cistern
•    Fixed Palomino Horses missing mane textures 
•    Fixed an issue some PC Steam players were experiencing when trying to upgrade using their keyboard
•    Fixed an issue where Creation Club Bundles were incorrectly showing as “Owned”
•    Fixed an issue some players experienced when trying to change button mapping.
•    Fixed crashing when spam casting Fireball. 
•    [PlayStation 4/5 Only] Fixed an issue causing “out of memory” crashes
•    [PlayStation 5 Only] Fixed crashing after exiting the Pelagius Wing (Minds of Madness Quest)
•    [PlayStation 5 Only] Fixed a crash that would occur when trying to launch the game through “Activities”.
•    [Xbox Series X Only] Fixed an issue players encountered when naming their character, setting the default character name to “Prisoner”
•    [Xbox Only] Fixed an issue when using the “download all” button

* We’ve included a fix that we believe will reduce instances of the 0kb space issue that some PlayStation players have experienced. While this should help mitigate cases, we are still investigating and working on a more comprehensive fix. 

If you are still experiencing the 0kb issue on PS4 or PS5, please let us know.
If you encounter this issue on PS5, please let us know if you are running the PS4 or PS5 version. This information can be located on your dashboard.

https://discord.com/channels/784542837596225567/900452195143680090/919967955037589544

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

New update today:

Thanks, Pseron Wyrd, was just about to post and you beat me to it!  Good going!