Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

6 hours ago, Sah said:

BUG REPORT LEVEL 30 - 100% VANILLA

Nimhe the giant frostbite spider found in the Nchuand-Zel Excavation Site re-spawns after you kill it

Blood on Ice Quest: Calixto kills Arivanya at 4pm and in a packed with NPC's town square, Calixto should show up after 8pm

the side quest deliver a book to the blacksmith of Dawnstar  wont start (no dialog option)

the side quest deliver a book to the Alchemist in Morthal (song of the alchemist) wont start (no dialog option)

CTD swimming across Lake Ilinalta (repeated event at the same spot)

Red Belly Mine has ebony ore instead of Iron

Northwind Mine has iron ore instead of ebony

the tree hired thugs are much weaker than normal

I wonder if the unofficial patch used to fix those for us and the AE update somehow undid the patch.  Course the patch is being updated so maybe they can look into this.  In other words these look like the kind of bugs Bethesda would just leave in the game but I never knew were there because I used the unofficial patch.

I am about 8 hours into my current game (I'm playing on PC with only the Anniversary Edition + upgrade) and so far I have not encountered any of the Anniversary Edition-related problems people have been reporting.  But before I did anything I took the precaution of moving my Skyrim Special Edition folder out of my Documents folder, moving my Data folder out of my root Skyrim Special Edition folder and letting Steam rebuild my game. Then I downloaded the upgrade.   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, XRAT said:

If i get chance tomorrow i will try it but it may be Saturday.

No problem. Whenever you have time. Thanks. :)

13 hours ago, Sah said:

BUG REPORT LEVEL 30 - 100% VANILLA

Nimhe the giant frostbite spider found in the Nchuand-Zel Excavation Site re-spawns after you kill it

Blood on Ice Quest: Calixto kills Arivanya at 4pm and in a packed with NPC's town square, Calixto should show up after 8pm

the side quest deliver a book to the blacksmith of Dawnstar  wont start (no dialog option)

the side quest deliver a book to the Alchemist in Morthal (song of the alchemist) wont start (no dialog option)

CTD swimming across Lake Ilinalta (repeated event at the same spot)

Red Belly Mine has ebony ore instead of Iron

Northwind Mine has iron ore instead of ebony

the tree hired thugs are much weaker than normal

Red Belly Mine always gets me. My assumption is that Bethesda designed it as an ebony mine, then wrote the quest where it's an iron mine with a vein of quicksilver.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LeBurns said:

I wonder if the unofficial patch used to fix those for us and the AE update somehow undid the patch.  Course the patch is being updated so maybe they can look into this.  In other words these look like the kind of bugs Bethesda would just leave in the game but I never knew were there because I used the unofficial patch.

the truth of why Im doing the BUG REPORT is because the Skyrim VANILLA game is full of bugs

yes TRUTH the patch fixes a lot of things in the game ... TRUTH is that anniversary edition is essentially the same Legendary Edition with the Skyrim SE 64bit engine, they never fixed anything for the last ten years ...

I was amazed that Bethesda could not apply simple mathematics in regards to enchanting items (see video below), most people would never notice bugs like this

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sigurð Stormhand said:

Red Belly Mine always gets me. My assumption is that Bethesda designed it as an ebony mine, then wrote the quest where it's an iron mine with a vein of quicksilver.

I have a strange feeling this is the work of two people or two teams

at the start there was team #1 who designed the quest ... then for some funny reason it feels like they got replaced for what ever reason and team #2 took over

team #2 got over ambitious and started adding story's with out taking the effort to see what team #1 set up

I think that is why so many things in Skyrim appear to be disjointed

now think of how may teams could work on the same protect ... whats that game when you whisper something in someones ear and then they have to whisper it to the next person and so on ... you get something very different from what you started with

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sah said:

whats that game when you whisper something in someones ear and then they have to whisper it to the next person and so on ... you get something very different from what you started with

Chinese Whispers   :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

that's it! Chinese Whisper

good to know your moderating again ... some one has to watch my back on Bethesda Discord ... I promise will try my best to never attract/need your attention ... wink wink your the best

PS don't tell anyone else I called you the best because they (every one else) all think they are the best .... OK

best wishes... really happy for you and your 9 feral cats

• Like 2

Well an AE update.

No more slowdowns noticeable, so I guess the issues I was having were mainly due to the new install of the game.  Pretty smooth now.

Things I've noticed so far:

I can buy a horse map from the horse sellers.  I assume this is for the wild horse mod.  Something I'm very interested in, but perhaps not with this role-play.

Different ancient nordic weapons on the draugr.  Seen maces and war hammers.  But this character doesn't use weapons.

Got a note telling me to go buy a pet goat.  I don't think so.

Found the new hunter's leather armor in general loot in Bleakfalls.  I like the look of it (reminds me of some gear from The Witcher 3 game).  Seems most my light armor characters are wearing the basic leather armor forever so nice to have an option.  But again this character doesn't wear armor.

I see I can make backpacks, which at least adds 75 to your carry weight, so more than just for show.  However playing a mage I never have an issue with carry weight so leaving it for now.

I talked to a Khajiit trader and got the Saints and Seducer quest start.  But again no need for armor or weapons so not sure this character will do it. (honestly beginning to think I played the wrong type of character for this update's first play-through)

As a mage I am looking for the new mages' home and spells, etc.  Not run into any of that yet.  So continuing on.  She's watched the first dragon get killed (she really couldn't do much, but I do believe her summoned familiar got the final attack on it).  So she may be dragonborn, but isn't really concerned about it.  Unlikely this character will even do the MQ.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Is that needed if you upgraded to AE, or just if you only got the SE upgrade?

According to his sticky post on Nexus, this update only covers the DLCs which were released prior to the AE package drop. So consider it a partial since the plugins DO account for the changes made in the AE package. He still has to get the 26 new ones looked at.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

According to his sticky post on Nexus, this update only covers the DLCs which were released prior to the AE package drop. So consider it a partial since the plugins DO account for the changes made in the AE package. He still has to get the 26 new ones looked at.

So will this be worked into the unofficial patch or are we going to need a patch on top of the patch now?  (Sorry if I'm not good at following how this all works).

We haven't made a proper announcement about it yet but the USSEP will incorporate the fixes for the 4 free DLCs some time in early 2022 at our next regular update.

• Like 2

First, terms.  Update is the AE download which updates SSE to the 1.6* level.  Upgrade is bucket full of CC content which you can purchase separately for US$20.00.

The Unofficial Patch covers the base game which is the AE Update and now includes the four CC mods which were included in the AE update.  Everyone needs the UOP.

The CC Patch covers the CC content released prior to AE, but will eventually be updated to include the new CC Content added by the AE Upgrade.  You only need the CC Patch if you download and use any CC content.

Hope that helps.

That's not entirely correct.

SE updated to 1.6.318 - that's a core game update for everyone. It's NOT relabeled as AE or anything. The 4 DLCs included with this update are now part of the base game.

AE is the $20 DLC package, which includes a change to the opening menu to use a gold logo instead of the black/grey one. These additional 70 DLCs are what you need Garthand's patches for.

2 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That's not entirely correct.

SE updated to 1.6.318 - that's a core game update for everyone. It's NOT relabeled as AE or anything. The 4 DLCs included with this update are now part of the base game.

AE is the $20 DLC package, which includes a change to the opening menu to use a gold logo instead of the black/grey one. These additional 70 DLCs are what you need Garthand's patches for.

Other than my calling the event which occurred on Nov 11 the "AE Update" or just "AE", we said the same thing.  That your take-away is that I somehow renamed the game to AE is disconcerting, especially after I defined the usage of the term to begin with. 

On 11/19/2021 at 9:34 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

I am about 8 hours into my current game ..... and so far I have not encountered any of the Anniversary Edition-related problems people have been reporting. 

UPDATE:  Experienced the black screen bug at last.  It hit me at 19 hours, 22 minutes.  

Playing AE on PC.

Just something I wanted to note.  I was running my character to Winterhold and ran right past the Dark Seducer bandit camp, so I figured I'd take them out.

I snuck around and found a cage with some strange bug in it and a note.  Note indicated that the bug was dangerous and I got a 'pop-up' message saying to release the bug.  So I figure I'd release the bug and it would help me take out the bandits.  Well the first odd thing I noted was that every time my lockpick broke, it took me out of the lockpicking mini-game and the lock reset.  At first I was annoyed but then I realized this is exactly how it should be.  This feature would actually make those lock-picking skills worth taking and it would mean that only a master lock-picker, with perks, would have much of a chance on Master locks.  The way it should be!  Seeing how well this worked and how much sense it made to gameplay it really made me wonder why it's not like this in the base game. (Sure it'd be annoying, lockpicks would become valuable, and lockpicking skills desired, and many chest would be left locked, but that all makes sense IMO).

So anyway I unlocked the cage (after going through about 20 lockpicks).  And the bug just stood there.  Never ran out.  Never attacked.  I tried attacking it and it just stood there apparently taking no damage.  I started combat with the bandits and it just stood there.  The bug was totally bugged.  Oh well.

The bandit were another issue.  I kept losing the fights with them (and reloading) and then I suddenly realized that my summoned creatures could not kill them.  They would drop to their knees, never taking enough damage to die, and then get back up and fight again.  Once I realized this I started just running up to them and punching them when they were down and they just dropped dead.  No idea why they were unkillable to everyone except my physical attacks.  Another bug I assume.

53 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Playing AE on PC.

Just something I wanted to note.  I was running my character to Winterhold and ran right past the Dark Seducer bandit camp, so I figured I'd take them out.

I snuck around and found a cage with some strange bug in it and a note.  Note indicated that the bug was dangerous and I got a 'pop-up' message saying to release the bug.  So I figure I'd release the bug and it would help me take out the bandits.  Well the first odd thing I noted was that every time my lockpick broke, it took me out of the lockpicking mini-game and the lock reset.  At first I was annoyed but then I realized this is exactly how it should be.  This feature would actually make those lock-picking skills worth taking and it would mean that only a master lock-picker, with perks, would have much of a chance on Master locks.  The way it should be!  Seeing how well this worked and how much sense it made to gameplay it really made me wonder why it's not like this in the base game. (Sure it'd be annoying, lockpicks would become valuable, and lockpicking skills desired, and many chest would be left locked, but that all makes sense IMO).

So anyway I unlocked the cage (after going through about 20 lockpicks).  And the bug just stood there.  Never ran out.  Never attacked.  I tried attacking it and it just stood there apparently taking no damage.  I started combat with the bandits and it just stood there.  The bug was totally bugged.  Oh well.

The bandit were another issue.  I kept losing the fights with them (and reloading) and then I suddenly realized that my summoned creatures could not kill them.  They would drop to their knees, never taking enough damage to die, and then get back up and fight again.  Once I realized this I started just running up to them and punching them when they were down and they just dropped dead.  No idea why they were unkillable to everyone except my physical attacks.  Another bug I assume.

SPOILER ALERT      SPOILER ALERT      SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

When the Saints and Seducers quest is active, you can talk to the bug and induce it to follow you.  I will leave the rest for you to discover.

PS.  The Dark Seducer armor looks terrible on a manikin. 

SkyrimSE.exe has been updated to 1.6.323.0.

- Fixed an entitlement issue that occurred when purchasing the Anniversary Edition upgrade on PS4 and then switching to PS5.
- Fixed an issue where catching a fish wouldn’t trigger the appropriate animation on PS4.
- Fixed a problem preventing some doors in Rielle from opening properly.
- Fixed an issue where Russian and Polish notes were not displaying text properly.
- Fixed an issue where German and French players were given incorrect menu text when leveling up.
- Fixed an issue where players were experiencing a “black screen” and upon launching.

You're very welcome!  The update has fixed my black screen bug.  Hopefully it fixes that aggravating problem for everybody.  

• Like 2