Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

2 hours ago, Sah said:

level 20 ... total 10 hours game time

no issues so far  ... there was a cow that fell out of the sky

and my game froze swimming across Lake Ilinalta at exactly the same spot it dose in Skyrim SE (I was streaming so its very easy to see the exact location of the freeze) had to reload the game after that

So you said something in vid about getting achievements.  So does that mean you are only using CC mods, not the feral mods that turn achievements off?

• Like 2

yes is playing 100% vanilla

not sure you can get the achievements if you only get the upgrade

I all ready have 100% achievements done for Skyrim SE ... I cant find anywhere an anniversary edition version of my achievements

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sah said:

I all ready have 100% achievements done for Skyrim SE ... I cant find anywhere an anniversary edition version of my achievements

Wouldn't surprise me if there isn't one.  The base game is basically unchanged, they are just adding some stuff to it.  To my knowledge there are no achievements for completing any of the added DLC.  I could ask on STEAM though.

• Like 3

Just now, LeBurns said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there isn't one.  The base game is basically unchanged, they are just adding some stuff to it.  To my knowledge there are no achievements for completing any of the added DLC.  I could ask on STEAM though.

Maybe the Bumbles know.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sah said:

Well, early indications from STEAM indicate that there are no new achievements and no specific AE set of achievements.  It has been noted though that you can 'reset' your achievements if you want to start over.  Told that the instructions for doing that can be found by searching STEAM.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Maybe the Bumbles know.

6 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

They do know a lot of things...

the who?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sah said:

the who?

Dunno just playing with something LBurns said on Helgas discord, ok so spill do you mean the WoW battle pet. 

12 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Dunno just playing with something LBurns said on Helgas discord, ok so spill do you mean the WoW battle pet. 

1964.  Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. :

After luring an Abominable Snowman (also called a Bumble) out of it's cave to save Rudolph and his girlfriend Clarice, Hermey and Yukon force the creature to a cliff where they drive the monster over a cliff and fall down with it.  Later at Santa's workshop Yukon returns with a tamed Abominable.  When asked how they survived the fall Yukon explains that Bumbles bounce, and that's what saved them.

* Acknowledged.  This may be the most off topic topic I've ever written about.  Sorry.

• Haha 2

interesting ... the little objective quest deliver the Night Falls of the Sentinel book to the blacksmith in Dawnstar has either been removed or is not working ... no dialog option come up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sah said:

interesting ... the little objective quest deliver the Night Falls of the Sentinel book to the blacksmith in Dawnstar has either been removed or is not working ... no dialog option come up

That is odd.  As far as I know there's no level requirement or anything for that quest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sah said:

If you already have a similar quest active in your journal, the dialogue may not come up. This is by design. Finishing up the already active quest should fix the issue.

As far as I know, nothing was changed in the recent official update that would have broken or removed that quest.

• Like 2

Okay so I finally got around to buying and installing AE.  I went into the game and into the CC and noted that everything in the AE is already installed!  I just assumed it would be like the CC mods given in the SE update and if you wanted them you installed them.  But nope, everything is already installed.  Honestly not sure I want all of them, but I guess I'll find ways to avoid the things I don't want.

I did go ahead and install my Beth.net mods along with five other manually.  Next time I'm on I'll roll a new toon and see how it works.  Bedtime now.

• Like 2

It's kind of expected that if you bought the AE DLC package that it's going to deliver all of them to you :P

• Like 3

One thing I have to say about the release of AE and the update is that I think, in a way, it has revitalized the community - at least over in the Steam forum. Over the last couple of years, I have seen a diminution in the activity and interest in the SSE forum. With the update and release of AE, the number of new players who have bought Skyrim for the first time and are posting on the Steam SSE forum, as well as the number of people in general who previously owned SSE and are now posting (for whatever reason), has increased to what it used to be formerly. It can be hoped that many of these people choose to continue to stay on and be a part of the community - not only on Steam, but here, Nexus, and all other sites as well - and contribute in a positive and interesting way.

Another good thing that I saw is the return of MannyGT!

I think the same as you @smr1957. I am following modding on many platforms and this really brings in new people and it is having "old" ones to rethink stuff and think twice. New solutions is comming up. Me and others are questioning mods that used to be seen as "must have". Regular "mod users" have to learn about SKSE, DLL and stuff. One thing i have noticed is that many  "top modders" seem revitalized by this.  The activity here and in such plazes as STEP seem to increase. People only knowing about Nexus learn that there is good mods in other plazes. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Uncus said:

Here’s to the next ten years then😎😉

Skyrim Special Anniversary Edition

Coming Soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, smr1957 said:

it has revitalized the community - at least over in the Steam forum.

I don't visit the Steam forums so I can't comment on that.  But I certainly see a revitalization on Bethesda's Discord.  And not only with Skyrim.  The Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion chats are revitalized as well.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I don't visit the Steam forums so I can't comment on that.  But I certainly see a revitalization on Bethesda's Discord.  And not only with Skyrim.  The Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion chats are revitalized as well.  

I know it's crazy.  It's almost like Bethesda knows what it's doing...

8 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

It's kind of expected that if you bought the AE DLC package that it's going to deliver all of them to you :P

Well the problem with that is that not all the DLC match every role-play I have.  That's why I pick and choose each mod I add prior to starting a role-play.  As I said though I think most of these can be ignored if you try hard enough, like many of the other quests I never want to do in SE.

1 hour ago, Sah said:

Skyrim Special Anniversary Edition

Coming Soon

Pre-order now your Diamond jubilee addition of “Elderscrolls V” only 50 years to wait.