Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

4 hours ago, Sah said:

the million dollar question?

if I manually install a mod manually,  like for example x2 enemy spawns or install a UNP body and textures ... will I have issues

Just a dumb question.  Is there another way to manually install a mod other than manually?  Or are you secretly representing the Department of Redundancy Department:D

33 minutes ago, Scythe Bearer said:

Just a dumb question.  Is there another way to manually install a mod other than manually?  Or are you secretly representing the Department of Redundancy Department:D

If I keep this up, I am going to make a name for myself :D... Not a good name, mind you, but who cares? :shrug:

PS think about this  ... you have to manually install mods manually ;)

Okay I checked the CC and got the free horse armor and dwemer crab.  Also listed as 'owned' but not in the 'owned' listing is the Fishing, Curios, and Survival mods.  They are apparently in the game and installed already.  Saints and Seducers is not listed in the CC at all (but the Mad God Bundle is).  I was told on STEAM that S&S is in the game, that just a bug is not letting it be listed as owned yet.

I loaded up a game and of course can't tell any difference at all, but I did get a pop-up asking if I wanted Survival mode on or not.  The other free stuff I know I have to go out and find, but I assume it's there somewhere.

Not sure it's going to be worth starting a new game with just the free stuff added.  I may go ahead and get the upgrade, but wait a bit first to see if there are any issues people are having.

I install all my mods manually.  I've never experienced issues related to installation on any Bethesda game, after any update.  I don't expect this update to be any different. 

18 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Gadz.  The crying on the STEAM forums is unbearable.  How do these people even function in a real world?

I don't visit the Steam forums unless I absolutely have to.  The few times I've been required to visit the Steam forums in my capacity as moderator made me never want to go back there again.  

1 hour ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

I install all my mods manually.  I've never experienced issues related to installation on any Bethesda game, after any update.  I don't expect this update to be any different. 

After the 1.6 update to SE I reinstalled 16 Beth.net mods, three CC mods (got the free ones), and manually installed two others.  No issues.

I have not tried after a full AE update though.  I think I will go ahead and get the update tonight, uninstall everything again, reinstall everything again, and give it a go with a new character from the start.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

After the 1.6 update to SE I reinstalled 16 Beth.net mods, three CC mods (got the free ones), and manually installed two others.  No issues.

I have not tried after a full AE update though.  I think I will go ahead and get the update tonight, uninstall everything again, reinstall everything again, and give it a go with a new character from the start.

I got the update (sans the 20 buck DLC) and I have had no issues.  I am testing the mods I am responsible just to make sure Murphy stays in the closet. But I have seen nothing that can't be ignored or tolerated (like occasionally having to open a chest after unlocking it).

I still have not bought the update but I have one question.  If anyone here uses Vortex as a mod manager.  Does it recognize Skyrim AE?

1 hour ago, Talyn82 said:

uses Vortex as a mod manager

I do, and it gave me a notification about a version change. It had no problems downloading the latest USSEP.

On 11/11/2021 at 1:02 AM, Arthmoor said:

massive clusterfuck so far

Seeing this message, I'd waited a day.

21 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

They hotfixed it a few hours later and those files are being delivered properly now.

But updated versions of CC that were previously "purchased" for free are not yet appearing. So it isn't quite up to snuff yet.

Thankfully, the SKSE64 folks were given early access to AE (although less than 2 weeks), so that landed earlier today without the plugin manager. Enough to test things with SkyUI.

16 minutes ago, DayDreamer said:

But updated versions of CC that were previously "purchased" for free are not yet appearing. So it isn't quite up to snuff yet.

Ran SE again from the Steam prompt, had to click the Agree button, and got an update message box. All those I'd "purchased" previously have now successfully updated. Plus there are 2 free horse armors.

Presumably the license has changed (needing the new Agree), but no way to discern the differences.

Dunno about any license update, I wasn't given an "I agree" prompt. Just one thanking me for buying the update and then giving me a download button.

5 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

buying the update

I didn't buy the full AE update. Only did the Steam "Update" button on SE. Presumably that's why it wanted me to run it from Steam instead of SKSE64, and made me Agree to whatever changed in the license.

But over time I'd "purchased" various promotionally free CC content (mostly armor variants). Once I'd agreed, it downloaded newer variants of the CC content.

The core game update never prompted me for a license update either. Not sure why you got one, but I haven't heard of many people seeing that. Could be something they added after I did the update.

There was a big clusterfuck with the early drop, requiring a game hotfix, after that all the downloads ran as expected.

Not sure if anyone's tried this yet, but if you're missing files after the update is installed, I managed to get the missing files by prompting Steam to verify the game's files. It realized they were missing and redownloaded them.

9 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

I still have not bought the update but I have one question.  If anyone here uses Vortex as a mod manager.  Does it recognize Skyrim AE?

It does not list AE as its own game, simply views the entire thing as SE still. Really all that is different is all of the CC content being added.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sah said:

would love it if you could drop in and watch Sah play :wave:

I'll do my best Sah but am really busy in RL at the moment what with Bruce and other stuff.

13 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Will USSEP get its name changed to USAEP ? Will it eventually start having Creation Club fixes ?

No, it will not be getting renamed. We ARE looking at incorporating fixes for the 4 free DLCs since those are now considered part of the base game.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, LeBurns said:

Just to update I still don't have the update yet.  Really no time for anything this weekend.  Maybe Monday?  Anyway still plan on getting AE ... just need time.  (You'd think weekends would be when I have free time ... :( )

Well, I had the edge on everyone - just as I turned on my PC on the 11th, my internet cut out - and it just got reconnected today, so I missed all the initial drama (which really wasn't necessary).  Just another reason to thank the Nines - LOL!

As for updating or rolling back, as always, people had plenty of time to prepare, and if they were concerned they should have backed everything up - I do that routinely regardless of the circumstances.  As to the future, people will adjust as they always have, and all the complaining will have zero effect - as it always has.

Frankly, I am sure that things will smooth out and there will not be any long lasting or serious issues, and for those who do have issues, there are still plenty of us ready to help - as always.

• Like 2

After reading reports about black screens on xbone on load in to modded savegames, i'm glad that my game is still pre-ae. And it will stay that way until i get my hands on more information.

level 20 ... total 10 hours game time

no issues so far  ... there was a cow that fell out of the sky

and my game froze swimming across Lake Ilinalta at exactly the same spot it dose in Skyrim SE (I was streaming so its very easy to see the exact location of the freeze) had to reload the game after that