Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

I'm going to do a clean/fresh/new/ext Syrim installĀ :woot: .... whats the worse that can happen? :fear:

HELP! :frantics:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sah said:

whats the worse that can happen?Ā 

The sheer awesomeness of Anniversary Edition could overload an electrical substation, knocking out traffic lights. And then emergency vehicles can't get through. There's no air conditioning and no water for sanitation so cholera, smallpox, and dysentery break out and thousands of people start dying in the streets. But before they die parasites eat their brains and they go completely crazy and storm the hospital. But the hospital can't handle all the casualties so these people set the hospital on fire. And a big wind comes along and the entire city goes up in flames and the people who are still healthy get mad at the sick people and they start nailing them to crosses and trying on their underwear. Then everyone smokes crack and they march on City Hall where they burn the mayor at the stake and strangle his wife. And at this point it looks like pretty soon things are gonna start to get out of control.

So everyone panics and tries to leave the city at the same time. They trample each other to death in the streets by the thousands and wild dogs eat their corpses and the wild dogs chase the rest of the people down the highway and one by one the dogs pick off the slow people because they're in the fast lane where they don't belong. And then the lucky ones who manage to make it all the way outside of town, they discover when they get there that big sparks from the city have lit the suburbs on fire and the suburbs burn uncontrollably and thousands of identical houses have identical fires with identical smoke, killing all the identical soccer moms with their identical kids named Jason and Jennifer.Ā 

And now the fire spreads to the farmlands and the farmlands burn intensely at 425 degrees, creating millions of baked potatoes.Ā  And as the farmlands burn, thousands of barns and farmhouses begin to explode from all the hidden methamphetamine labs. The meth chemicals run downhill into the rivers and streams where wild animals drink the water and get completely amped up on speed. Bears and wolves on crack start roaming the countryside looking for people to eat even though they're not really hungry. And the fire spreads to the forests and the forests burn furiously and hundreds of elves and trolls and fairies come running out of the woods screaming "Bambi is dead! Bambi is dead!"Ā 

Now hundreds of regional fires come together into one huge interstate inferno and all twelve of the western United States are burning out of control.Ā  The fire spreads across the Great Plains, toasting the wheat, cooking the cattle and producing hamburgers. Then it leaps to Mississippi and races through the south, blowing up stills. And then it turns northeast and it heads for Philadelphia but it's a weekend and Philadelphia's closed on the weekend. So the fire moves to New York City and the people in New York City tell the fire to go away.Ā  So instead it burns down Long Island and Connecticut, destroying all their golf courses. And while all this is going on, Canada burns to the ground but nobody notices.

And now the entire North American continent is on fire, producing a huge thermal updraft and creating an incendiary cyclonic macro-system that forms a hemispheric mega-storm, breaking down the molecular structure of the atmosphere and actually changing the laws of nature. Fire and water combine, burning clouds of flaming rain fall upward. Gamma rays and solar winds ignite the ionosphere creating huge clouds of ionised plasma. Bolts of lightning 20 million miles long begin shooting out of the North Pole. And then suddenly the entire fabric of space-time splits in two. A huge crack in the universe opens. And all the dead people from the past begin falling through: Babe Ruth, Groucho Marx, Davy Crockett, Tiny Tim, Porky Pig, Janis Joplin, Alan Ludden, my uncle Dave, your uncle Dave, everybody's uncle Dave, an endless stream of dead uncle Daves falling through the crack.

And all the dead uncle Daves gather around the heavenly kitchen table. They light up cigarettes and they begin to talk. They talk about how they never got a break, how their parents didn't love them and their children weren't grateful. They talk about how the government screwed them out of money and they missed out on a big job. And all the hatred and bitterness drips out of these people and forms a big pool of liquid hate. And the pool of liquid hate begins to spin. Round and round it spins, faster and faster. And the faster it spins the bigger it gets: faster and faster, bigger and bigger, until the whirling pool of hate is bigger than the entire universe and then suddenly it explodes into trillions of tiny stars. And every star has a trillion planets. And every planet has a trillion uncle Daves. And all the uncle Daves have good jobs and perfect eyesight and shoes that fit. They have great sex lives and free health care. They understand the internet, their kids think they're cool and they all love their neighbors. And every week without fail uncle Dave wins the lottery. Forever and ever until the end of time every single uncle Dave has a winning ticket. And uncle Dave is finally happy.

- Adapted from George Carlin

Donā€™t know what you were on when you wrote that Pseron, but I want some.

And my uncle Clive says and what about all the uncle Clives then thats what I want to know.

:wallbash:

• Like 2

50 buck for a new version of the game.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

50 buck for a new version of the game.Ā 

Ā 

That's for the whole package. It's less if you're just upgrading.

4 minutes ago, SkyLover said:

That's for the whole package. It's less if you're just upgrading.

Yes, thank you.Ā  That information was evident from the post immediately preceding my post.

It's only $50 if you've never owned SE before.

$20 to upgrade if you do.

Doing the math, if you never owned SE it'll be cheaper to wait until AE comes out and buy it then for the $50.

The $20 / 70 DLCs converts to approximately 28 cents per DLC for the upgrade option. So it's a pretty good bargain even for those of us who already own SE.

On 11/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

The cost for owners of Special Edition to upgrade to Anniversary Edition has been announced:Ā  USD $19.19.Ā  THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM ANNIVERSARY EDITION FAQ

Well ... um ... dang.Ā  Just $20 so ...Ā  I guess I'll have to see some reviews of the mods added.Ā  I always play mod lite anyway so of the bunch there might be ten I'd add to the game.Ā  Just need to determine if those are worth it.

Curious how the mods will be added.Ā  If I add a mod using Beth.net, I just go into mods in Skyrim, click the box, and it's there.Ā  ALSO, if I want it off, I just uncheck the box.Ā  Easy peasy.Ā  The store was a completely different story.Ā  Once I installed it there was no way to turn it off.Ā  To get rid of it I literally had to go into my PC File Manager and manually remove the files.Ā  Pain in the butt and one of the reasons I stay away from CC mods.Ā  So when they are all added, will we get the ease of check boxes, or the mess we had before?

15 hours ago, SkyLover said:

I'm pretty sure the AE content will work like Creations do.

Well ... I may not even bother with it then.Ā  Don't know why they can make the free mods so easy to manage yet the mods you pay for in CC be a complete nightmare to manage.

They probably assume that if you bought it, you must want to play it. Pretty sure you can uncheck them in 3rd party mod managers if you're using the PC version though.

If they behave like existing DLCs, and there's no reason to think they won't, then if they're in the folder on PC, the game will load them regardless. A properly functioning mod manager should not allow you to disable them since the game won't.

Obviously you can simply delete the files from your game folder on PC, but Steam will put them back the next time it checks validation.

Well we'll see.Ā  I'll go with just the free stuff initially, just to see if I can even get back into playing Skyrim again.Ā  I've been away for a while so maybe.Ā  $20 for the rest of the stuff may be worth it if I can get another 500+ hours out of the game.Ā  But too many questions right now.Ā  Mainly for me is if all my mods survive the update.Ā  But luckily I don't have a lot of mods and can manually install most of them if needed.

I wasn't talking about SKSE. I talked about CC "update" related gamebreaks on xbone. They removed ALL insects in Skyrim with one of these malware updates. They turned every wet surface in F4 in to a rainbow colored oil puddle with one. And they needed a month or longer to fix both things making the games hardly playable in this time. They turned downtown Boston in a crash and freeze festival and haven't done anything about it for almost 2 years. These are the things i talk about and why i don't have great confidence in a forced update with unwanted things in it. I never downloaded anything from CC, not even free things so why would i be interested in the things they now force to me? I want my game to remain in the current condition with almost no crashes or freezes (except the occasional one) and some (or some more) mods installed.

Edited by Rotzi

On 10/26/2021 at 3:00 PM, Arthmoor said:

The first SKSE64 build was released in September of 2017, but IMO the only reason for that was the same kind of misconceptions about where things were going and that supposedly nobody was using SE even though the larger majority of us had been since October of 2016.

The change in compiler isn't anywhere near as serious as that transition and Ian himself has said more than once now that it will only take him a few DAYS, not weeks or months, to get an update out. The disruption will therefore be minimal for SKSE users. Things like MCM menus will be working fine when that update is done, which will only leave the DLL mods that attach to SKSE to be done and that's up to those authors, not Ian or Tood Howard to update.

Well, I quoted that in what is supposed to be one of the "reliable" threads written up by one of the "reliable forum regulars" in the Steam forums, because they were repeating the "weeks and months" timeline to fix things, and the response was, basically, that the information as presented by Arthmoor was wrong and only being given out by the SKSE team for public consumption - that the work was significantly more involved than what is being stated - despite Arthmoor's post being the more recent one.Ā  Ā Now, when people see things like this, with one person returning to the SSE forums and posting one thing, while someone like myself who has been consistently active in both Skyrim forums posts something else that is a direct quote from Arthmoor, is it any wonder that most people there don't have a clue what is actually going on?

I feel like a refugee from the Steam forums - LOL!

Edit - we agreed in the Steam thread to just say it will be done when it is done - best solution, all around.Ā  Personally, I still think that people are making more of this than they should.Ā  Even more, I think it far better that tomorrow, instead of concentrating solely on the AE update, we all take some time out to remember that 11/11 is originally Armistice Day - and remember all those who sacrificed all they had, while we now can spend our time doing other things - no matter how trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Yes. That's the problem when a supposedly level headed and reliable member of the community posts FUD on reddit. People assume it to be correct based on WHO posted it and not WHAT was posted.

We've been down this road once before. The transition from LE to SE was far more complicated and involved and did indeed take months, but that was a fundamental transition from 32 bit to 64 bit and it didn't take "years or never" as some people are implying.

How many game updates have we seen before where pundits on reddit have declared the modpocalypse only for the community to emerge stronger than ever?

It won't be available yet for another 7.5 hours. The release is scheduled for Midnight eastern time US.

At first I was a bit reprehensive about the AE and it breaking SKSE mods.Ā  But then I thought about it and I don't use many SKSE mods.Ā  The main ones I use are SKYUI and AddItem Menu.Ā  SKYUI has not seen an update for SSE since it was first released.Ā  AddItem Menu requires to be updated and hopefully the modder is still around.Ā  I will most likely make the upgrade, but that will be after mods like AddItem Menu get updated (Hopefully).Ā  For now I have Steam offline and set it to only update when I launch the game the way it was intended.

At least in the case of SkyUI all it depends on is SKSE itself and it will just work once SKSE is updated.

• Like 2