Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

The first SKSE64 build was released in September of 2017, but IMO the only reason for that was the same kind of misconceptions about where things were going and that supposedly nobody was using SE even though the larger majority of us had been since October of 2016.

The change in compiler isn't anywhere near as serious as that transition and Ian himself has said more than once now that it will only take him a few DAYS, not weeks or months, to get an update out. The disruption will therefore be minimal for SKSE users. Things like MCM menus will be working fine when that update is done, which will only leave the DLL mods that attach to SKSE to be done and that's up to those authors, not Ian or Tood Howard to update.

7 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

My plan is to wait until SKSE is released for AE, just as I'd done for SE. That's when it was clear things were stable. But it took years....

I don't use any mods that need SKSE.  Mainly because I don't install SKSE.  I've tried, but got so intimidated I gave up.  In the end just didn't seem worth it with the chance of screwing up my whole PC for just a few mods.

5 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

I don't use any mods that need SKSE.  Mainly because I don't install SKSE.  I've tried, but got so intimidated I gave up.  In the end just didn't seem worth it with the chance of screwing up my whole PC for just a few mods.

Try watching this method its the one I still use today and once you have done it a few times its easy and is still current for all Beth games script extenders

There are some mods out there that you did not know you needed until you mastered this. 

SKYRIM MORNING HERALD

ISSUE #3 Coming Soon

Skyrim Anniversary Edition (11.11.2021)

--------------

old news

SKYRIM MORNING HERALD

ISSUE #2

SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION (2016) FINALLY RELEASED

EDITORS REVIEW - Editor Sah: “Hello beloved readers, and welcome to this weeks Editors Review with all the latest news & top story's. We have Reporter Sah putting the SSE through its paces, she will give us her full report in our next issue coming in a few days”

TOP STORY'S
SSE and the First NPC reactions. As Skyrim wakes up to a new day, NPC all across Skyrim are starting to give us there first Impressions regarding The NEW Skyrim Special Edition. Reporter Sah was on hand to bring you comprehensive coverage as to how the new changes where revived across Skyrim.

Thalmor up in arms over God Rays
Today a governmental representative of the Third Aldmeri Dominion released this statement: "This is unacceptable, the worship of false gods is a heresy punishable by death, if that dose not work then we move on to more drastic measures like arresting & putting you in jail. The God Rays are just another chapter in false doctrines designed purely to attract new sales, He concluded, this is war and we wont stop until Skyrim is dull & gloomy again just like it used to be.

Hotel Volkihar
We are out side Hotel Volkihar where Lord Harkon is about to make a announcement regarding the new Skyrim Special Edition.
Reporter Sah: "I'm Dracula, Bleh, bleh-bleh!"
Lord Harkon: "I've never said that in my life. 'Bleh, bleh-bleh.' I don't know where that comes from!"

SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION - GOTHAM NEWS
This is how the news was received in Gotham
Batman: Harvey, give me your other hand! I need both your hands to save you, let go of the controller!
Two-Face: hanging from a ledge, What, what should I do? The coin won't tell me, should I buy Special Edition or not
Batman: It won't tell you ANYTHING! I switched coins when you grabbed me! It's a trick coin, it'll always land on edge! It's YOUR choice now, do you want to be Special or not?
Two-Face: Special Edition or stay Legendary Edition?... life or death? … the coin or me?
[Back at the Bat Cave]
Alfred Pennyworth: Batman may have made the front page of the Skyrim Morning Herald, but Bruce Wayne got pushed to page eight. Bruce Wayne reads the headlines "Drunken billionaire burns down house whilst using Skyrim Special Edition and Legendary Edition at the same time!"

SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION BUG REPORT
FBI special agents Fox Mulder and realist Dana Scully arrive to investigate this unexplained, mind-bending case of the Weird Flashes of Lights around Riften, X-File case # 142764849

Mulder: it might be a UFO?
Scully: Don't you think the UFO scenario is getting a little old?
Mulder: Do you always have to be a sceptic & realist? were the longest-running science fiction series in network TV history, so if any one knows anything about flashy lights its us!
Scully: There has to be a logical explanation, just want to make sure we look at all the options, you don't think its a SSE bug?
Mulder: I don’t think its a bug Scully, and if its not a Bug and if its not a UFO it has to be either the Enterprise, Serenity, the Dauntless, the Millennium Falcon or any other number of ships passing by that night?
Scully: Sound good to me, see told you there was a logical explanation for everything, I will start writing up a report

Though the government is convinced that the outlandish reports are false, conspiracy theorist Fox Mulder and realist Dana Scully, will stop at nothing to prove that "the truth is out there

BETHESDA ANNOUNCEMENT
ALL NEW, Skyrim Special Edition with Dynamic Depth of Field & Better Distant Terrain, God Rays & ENB quality graphics. Now your can CTD in style!

FINANCIAL REPORT

The Skyrim Special Edition Butterfly Affect
Butterfly's in Bethesda's new Skyrim Special Edition have nearly been hunted to extinction by the locals, they are simply so beautiful that every one must have one framed on there wall. The new graphical enchantments that changed dull & gloomy Skyrim last week had a major impact on the little helpless butterfly's making them more valuable then a bar of gold. Jarl's across Skyrim are taking drastic measures as animal rights group Green Peace threatens that they will have get involved and try to stop this insane carnage.
Singes that read "Butterfly Wing Plucking Free Zone, Between the Hours of 6am - 11pm, Fines up to 5000 gold" litter the ever so beautiful landscape of the SSE.
Regardless of the drastic measures the numbers of Butterfly's keeps on mysteriously dropping, and now Lunar Moths have been also included on the Endangered Spices List.
As the shadow of financial claps looms over Skyrim, Media outlets across Skyrim are coming forward and are revealing the magnitude of the sandal.
Potions of Minor Healing today reached the new record price of 830 gold per bottle. The Skyrim Stock Market collapsed again for the third day strait, as Jarls & Thanes rushed to sell there shares. It has been rumoured that they are investing there shares in a more respectable offshore Panama-based service provider called Mossack Fonseca.
A spokes man for the Skyrim Treasury said: "Its not our fault we took such drastic measures by banning wing plucking, people where complaining, and animal rights groups where about to get involved in the case." continuing he said: "Its the greedy Alchemist Corporation that has failed to show any compassion to its heavy users & potion addicted customers by jacking up the price, if you want to place any blame, they have caused this financial chaos"
In other related news Pro Ban Wing Plucking Supporters clashed yesterday with members of the greedy Alchemist Corporation in Solitude. Angelina's Aromatics was burnt to the ground in retaliation for her over priced potions & for selling butterfly wings under the counter. Due to the Civil unrest across Skyrim, it can now be revealed form leaked footage from the Pentagon on Wiki Leaks that there has been a steady build up of Military Forces along the Imperial & Stormcloack borders & that its only a mater of time before this breaks out into the second Skyrim Civil

TECHNOLOGY
Skyrim Special Edition - Nexus Mods Investigation

Reporter Sah: This one is deep under cover working for the NEXUS MOD CORPORATION the largest and most powerful commercial entity in the world. This one was head of security at a secret high-tech facility called the NEXUS, a giant underground laboratory developing experimental mods.
There was an incident, a MOD escaped. A lot of people died. The trouble was, they didn't stay dead. The computer that controlled NEXUS was a state-of-the-art artificial intelligence called the Dark Angel. The Dark Angel AI responded to the threat of the MOD outbreak in an extreme way. He went homicidal. "You're all going to be deleted down here" The Dark Angel AI attempted to delete everyone whether they were infected or not. I managed to escape, but this was only the beginning. The MOD outbreaks spread like wildfire, first across the Skyrim, then Fallout 4 & finally Earth. The MODS didn't just bring the dead back to life. It mutated them in terrifying ways. Despite the apocalypse they had created the NEXUS MOD CORPORATION continued to experiment with the deadly MODS.

OTHER GAMING NEWS
Fallout 76 – Who is the new face of Super Mutants
Finally its official, speculation & rumors can now be put to rest as The Hulk singes a 4 year contract to be the new face of the super mutants in there next upcoming game Fallout 76
Marvel Studios quoted "its for the best, we wanted a love story between the Hulk & the Black Widow but it did no go as planed, Natasha wants to stay single and is not looking for love at the current point in time, her S.H.I.E.L.D career comes first, who knows one day she might get her own movies so we still might get to see some romance, but until then there is no point in keeping him on the pay role."
Bethesda Studios quoted "Who needs a Nuke Launcher when you can have a Hulk"
Hydra quoted “From the depths of our hearts we wish him all the best in Fallout 76 and to never come back”

SPORTS
Basketball SBA Semi-Final Playoffs
Riekling warriors Vs The Giants 0-376 Giants leading 3-0 best of 5
Thalmor Wizards Vs The Blades: game was stopped in the first minuet of the play after violent episodes erupted between both teams. After 3 games the series remains 0-0

12 hours ago, willow said:

I imagine this is going to make a lot of people happy

Yes, there are at least two people in my household who are very excited about this.  :celebration:

I recently just found out about this new edition.  I am still on the fence on whether I will buy the AE.  I already own the Saints and Seducers dlc, and that was the only item I wanted in the Creation Shop or whatever it's called.

I am not buying this as Ii already own the Legendary Edition. I never even bought the SE rip off and it is a rip off when I own the Legendary Edition. Heck my car needs about £750 in new parts etc to get through the blinki9ng MOT this coming month. Bethesda greed out of touch with the reality of lives of most of their customers. Nope I am not buying this. In the Covid 19 world I consider Bethesda greedy crooks.

6 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

I recently just found out about this new edition.  I am still on the fence on whether I will buy the AE.  I already own the Saints and Seducers dlc, and that was the only item I wanted in the Creation Shop or whatever it's called.

In that case just the free update would be all you need.  Note there are going to be some things added to the CC list for the AE, so it's not going to just be the existing items in the CC.  Though honestly I've not been a fan of anything I've gotten from the CC (using free items) and I've uninstalled everything I've tried.  Looking at it now, other than S&S the horse mod is about the only thing that interest me.

2 minutes ago, Ihatesigningin said:

I am not buying this as Ii already own the Legendary Edition. I never even bought the SE rip off and it is a rip off when I own the Legendary Edition. Heck my car needs about £750 in new parts etc to get through the blinki9ng MOT this coming month. Bethesda greed out of touch with the reality of lives of most of their customers. Nope I am not buying this. In the Covid 19 world I consider Bethesda greedy crooks.

SE was a free update.  Why would you have to buy it?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ihatesigningin said:

mate you missed the boat, if you owned Legendary edition when second edition came out you had the chance to get it as a free download. I had LE at the time and now because of the free download own both and can play both if I wish., now that offer is no longer available.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:59 AM, Sah said:

BETHESDA ANNOUNCEMENT
ALL NEW, Skyrim Special Edition with Dynamic Depth of Field & Better Distant Terrain,

Always said Media reporters are full of it :)

Very nice post Sah!.

Meanwhile back in Gotham .. Sheson & Zilav, to the Bat mobile!.

• Like 2

More Dunmer Armor!  Dang so many of my role-plays involve Dunmer refugees from Morrowind.  Must ... role-play ...

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that if you owned the complete Legendary Edition on or before October 26, 2016, you automatically got it added to your Steam library for free. No claim procedure was necessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

I'm pretty sure that if you owned the complete Legendary Edition on or before October 26, 2016, you automatically got it added to your Steam library for free. No claim procedure was necessary.

correct. as I mentioned in my post above.

That's certainly what happened to me.

The Anniversary Edition looks like good value if you never bought any of the CC. On the other hand, if you did you'd be understandably a bit disappointed.

A lot of it wouldn't interest me, but I'd certainly go for that Crusader Armour and Paladin Blade.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LeBurns said:

More Dunmer Armor!  Dang so many of my role-plays involve Dunmer refugees from Morrowind.  Must ... role-play ...

That was my reaction as well.  Ever since Morrowind I've been a Dunmer fan, and when I saw the Indoril armor and the Her Hands armor I became intrigued.  I don't know I'll just have to wait and see.

For my part, I was looking at some of the quests.  They might prove challenging and interesting. 

Thanks to the 130 mods that are coming with AE

As much as the new free 4 mods are a welcome update, the survival and fishing updates have left me ROYALLY SCREWED. Howard has decided to punish me for daring to enjoy these immersion record breaking mods in my game for the last 10 years:

Frostfall/Campfire

Art of the Catch

Immersive Armor & Weapons (basically all of Hothtrooper's weapon & armor mods)

environmental overhauls like SFO and Cathedral Weathers

The classic mod deck size limitation that was such a massive headache on LE. Even with MO2, it still remains that way with SE to date.

Potentially new critters which are going to likelyt create issues with critter overhaul mods like Hunterborn and RWS. Made even worse because these authors are no longer personally updating the mods. Will these legacy mods get whatever conflicting game mechanic features exist with the new CC resolved at Nexus? Especially now that they're being included in the new collection format?

Super sized mods like Beyond Bruma and Legend of the Dragonborn Museum (possibly the biggest quest world scope mod next to Beyond Bruma). Given the massive scope compilation of LOTD alone in aggregating smaller mods. All of these DLC sized mods from SE are most likely going to become a big issue with the Seducers update. Simply due to the sheer volume of scripts alone in LOTD, never mind Beyond Bruma. Or immense world spaces like Falskaar, Winterhold Destruction ruins, and Moonpath to Elsweyr.  List is too long.

Honestly. It took me TEN YEARS to get all those mods and their insane scripting load working without CTD constantly. First with LE and again with SE.  Only to get TKO'd by the 130 CC bloat Howard decided to bake into the base game. If I were any more paranoid, I'd swear Howard was being a spiteful ******* to the PC fanbase. 

Ah well. Back to good ole CTD days of gazing at my desktop. Because it's as though the upgrade to SE never happened. Howard's 10 year, wonky, buggy, duck taped up Frankenstein of a game engine can only run so many 3rd party mods. All thanks to the inclusion of many CC mods in the base game now. :ghostface:  

Will LAL even work now given all this script bloat in the base game?

And then all the potential texture upgrades. Possibly on all the SHD textures which I've added over the last decade (retexturing the world from the clouds/stars in the sky, to the roads/grass, to the  water/ocean/rivers/streams, to the buildings, to NPC textures, to world objects etc)  in fine tuning my SE game. And I'm having increasing dreadful feeling that my SE based HD texture world overhauls (likes of SFO, SIMM, WATER2 etc. and other functional environmental mods the likes of Minty's weather mods, critter overhauls like Bugs 101, AFB etc) are still far SUPERIOR to the textures coming with AE

HTH is all this CC going to impact the 256 mod deck constraint when adding Nexus mod collections?

On 10/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, Rotzi said:

Nothing bethesda has done over the past years was generous or for customer benefits. (but that is true for many companies and not only in the games industry) I will keep my game offline until i know what consequences this upgrade has. Should suddenly all console mods stop working (or all insects are vanished again) i can at least let the game stay in working condition. I really don't know why they don't make the whole thing easy. Everyone who owns SE has acces to the CC shop, so if the 3 things are in there for free i could simply decide to download it or not. But no, make it more inconvenient for the loyal customer. Maybe introducing some new bugs to make it more interesting. :facepalm::crash::swear:

Rant over. :run:

My theory is they're doing it to facilitate the process for the (vastly superior in number) console fan base. That's where they've been making their tens of multimillions in profit to date. Milking this iteration of the TES franchise bone dry. And again from gifting Zenimax all rights to steal  legally reuse and/or repurpose world assess for their true cash cow ESO. Virtually ALL of the "new" ESO DLC chapters have been pulled straight out of Skyrim game world.

YES ELSWEYR AND GREYMOOR. I'M LOOKING DIRECTLY AT YOU. Especially Solitude, which still retains 100% of it's 4E architectural design and layout despite being in the Interregnum.  And to lesser degrees assets directly redesigned from Oblivion and Morrowind, with the Morrowind and current Blackwood chapters. 

IMO for every PCMR, there is at least 100 console gamers all starving for CC content. Even with the free mod downloads on Bugthesda for the last decade, odds were the mod performance on console systems created potential optimization issues. But this seems to have been addressed with AE.  And now that Bugthesda is officially M$ new golden Goose, they're obligated to provide a good gaming experience for console gamers.  Which is actually a good thing they've done to date IMO.  Well at least for Xbox gamer segment given obvious corporate and  legal reasons.

Should bethesda decide to break the game on xbone again i'm prepared: I bought Outer Worlds, Wasteland 2 and Baldurs Gate 1&2 on the last store sales. So, come at me beth, i'm ready. :sparta:

• Like 2

I would not anticipate there being any breakage on consoles since there's no SKSE to break. It'll be just like any other SE update in that case.

• Like 2