Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced

DayDreamer

35 minutes ago, DayDreamer said:

We'll need a new topic section.

It may not be necessary.   Mods that work with Special Edition will also work with the Anniversay Edition.  No porting will be necessary this time  So I would think that questions about one edition should be equally applicable to the other.

So ... they are giving away all the Creation Club content?  I'm I reading that right?  Granted I still hate that once you install a CC item you can't just 'uncheck' a box to not use it anymore.  Not all my role-plays use every mod I have so customizing mods for a role-play with CC mods is a nightmare.

But hey, if their free I may try a few that I think all my characters may use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

It may not be necessary.   Mods that work with Special Edition will also work with the Anniversay Edition.  No porting will be necessary this time  So I would think that questions about one edition should be equally applicable to the other.

This will be largely dependent on whether AE has any additional changes to the master files or not. IF there's exclusive content in AE that SE never gets, it may not be a fully distinct version of the game, but it will be enough of a difference to raise compatibility concerns.

Question will the Anniversary Edition be mod friendly ... how will NEW made mods get into the game, will nexus mods still work?

besides the CC additions will there any other changes or is that just it ... will there be better engine fixes, better graphics, better combat mechanics ext ext?

It dose not matter how many renovations you make on your house, it will still be a 10 year old house witch now is just more expensive

15 minutes ago, Sah said:

will the Anniversary Edition be mod friendly 

As mentioned earlier, Special Edition mods will work with the Anniversary Edition.  This is what Cartogriffi has written:  "...mods won't need to be re-released. Think of Anniversary Edition as an SE upgrade." 

This isn't an engine upgrade that requires mod porting, as was the case with Special Edition, which transitioned from 32-bit to 64 bit.  This is more of a re-packaging of the existing game, much like GOTY versions of past games. 

yes this sounds good if you got CC mods

but what about nexus mods?

PC NEXUS mods wont work out of the box because of the Skyrim Anniversary Version Number it wont be recognized as the same game, mods will have to be converted from Skyrim SE to Skyrim AE

QUESTION: will the PC version for example of the Skyrim SE Unofficial Patch work with Skyrim AE,  just install with no issues what so ever?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sah said:

will the PC version for example of the Skyrim SE Unofficial Patch work with Skyrim AE,  just install with no issues what so ever?

According to what Cartogriffi has communicated to me, it is literally the same game, repackaged and renamed.  As far as mods go it should be no different than using a mod meant for the original version of Oblivion with the GOTY version of Oblivion.  It is my understanding that any mod that works with Skyrim SE will work with Skyrim AE.

Well a lot of people are asking these questions and we have some time, so I'm sure these issues will be addressed.

My only concern, as mentioned, is how hard will it be to turn on/off CC mods.  That's my only real issue with them.

I am also curious about how they are going to implement the creation club content. 

As far as Mods.  This is going to be the same game with some bug fixes and the creation club content added.  So some mods will "likely" need to be updated.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the CC.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

According to what Cartogriffi has communicated to me, it is literally the same game, repackaged and renamed.  As far as mods go it should be no different than using a mod meant for the original version of Oblivion with the GOTY version of Oblivion.  It is my understanding that any mod that works with Skyrim SE will work with Skyrim AE.

Just providing a link to screenshot of relevant statements by Cartogriffi on Discord:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/249141545985376256/878293412829364284/unknown.png

You should prepare for the possibility that while mods are technically compatible, AE may have additional minor changes to support new content, and thus may not be 1:1 compatible with every little detail. Time will tell though and nobody is going to know anything for sure until November.

17 hours ago, Sah said:

Ohhhh no .... I was saving my money for FIFA 22 :facepalm:

Well if you really want to take up fishing in Skyrim......personally i would rather watch paint dry but hey some may want it, interested to see the bit about 500 pieces of CC stuff, did they really do that many, i would have been surprised if they had done 100 but i am usually wrong, o do they mean there is new stuff we haven't been party to (other than said fishing)

• Like 2

Also cannot stop thinking all this tinkering over the years has probably cost TES6 a couple of years delay already, if it isn't cancelled and they just don't want to admit it.

Who needs an anniversary edition? (I didn't read that article.) I guess beth tries to make money with all that CC stuff? Oh well, without their mod creators these games were long dead. I have LE and SE, I stick with LE, for me it runs stable, looks awesome with all the wonderful mods from the comunity, and why should I spend my time to do another setup... I guess beth has changed nothing in AE. Same quests, same voices, same environment. So give me a good reason for throwing my money out of the window...

But if people will create mods for AE, it will get more confusing.

1 hour ago, Tasheni said:

SNIP

But if people will create mods for AE, it will get more confusing.

Well of course they will.  So expect confusion I guess.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  I like what they are adding with the free upgrade to SE.  Whether or not I upgrade (pay) for AE will depend on if there's any of those 500+ CC mods I really want, since that's what I'd really be paying for.

Cartogriffi has since clarified precisely what's coming in the AE:

unknown.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Cartogriffi has since clarified precisely what's coming in the AE:

unknown.png

That's quite a clarification.  So if I have Skyrim SE I get for free the three CC items they named, but if I pay extra for the AE upgrade I get, in addition, all the other CC items plus a few more.  Really not sure that will be worth it, depending on the cost.  Those thus unnamed DLC better be pretty good.

I have no interest is wasting time fishing in Skyrim as I assume that doesn't even increase a skill.  That's like mining clay just because you can.  The S&S DLC I've thought about buying anyway, so looking forward to that.  Survival mode I don't need since my role-plays generally take care of that (adding realism to Skyrim life).

AE is a cash grab by Bethesda plain and simple.  They know enough fans will be eager to pay yet again for another very slightly different version.

So….Lets see then….10 million customers x 30 bucks a throw = Shedloads of easy cash!

Well, ok they might not hook 10M this time around, but it will be more than enough to make the bait worth making.

Mods:

I doubt we can simply eject the SE disk and load in the AE disk without affecting our current LO or mod Reserve on console.

And no….A console user can not simply reload the desired mods again.  
Most of us who have played Skyrim on console for years have a large number of treasured, but now ‘greyed out’, mods which are unavailable for re-download.

I won’t be destroying my game for the ability to use CC stuff I never wanted in the first place….

A.

Put like that I would agree with your reasoning. You could just buy a second console for the new version then you could throw even more money away would’nt that be funimage.png.cfe8385091b78afb33feb300bf8060f4.png

• Haha 2

I hope this next-gen update is only for the new consoles and not a forced download for all versions. I don't want any CC stuff in my game, not even for free. (Thinking about this i have to reconsider my intention to buy a Series X when available again) And this Anniversary edition, it will be the same game with the same bugs and a ton of stuff that will create new bugs. Who knows, maybe they remove the insects again? :wallbash:

Been thinking on this.  As I see it, the bottom line for me is that all of the mods I use will need to be tested with the new game,  SAE*.  Not to bad, with one exception.  The SSE UOP. 

The UOP may well require a new version and extensive testing to ensure that

• fixes which may be in SAE are not regressed by the SSE UOP
  • existing patches in the SSE UOP which may need to be refit for the new SAE are repaired
  • new bugs which arise are fixed

Also, til now, the UOP team has been hands off when it comes to CC mods, which is a good thing.  But now, CC mods have been rolled into the base game, and those will need to be addressed.  As I see this, it is not a trivial task.

* With apologies to the Society of Automotive Engineers