Patch for One ESP?

Worldsong

Hi, as I had stated in my Uploading Rules topic, I'm learning how to use the Construction Set. It seems that the general consensus from that topic is that it's better to make a patch rather than a replacer Esp with just just slight changes like moving a building. From what I've seen and in perusing Arthmoor's excellent tutorial on creating compatibility patches, apparently  a patch is created for fixing conflicts between at least 2 mods. So what I'm wondering is whether it's even possible to make a patch for only one mod that only does one thing like moving a building to another cell and removing the building from the original mod as the patch's master?

If it is possible, I'd appreciate it very much if someone could point me to a tutorial somewhere or explain how it could be done if it isn't too complicated and long? Thanks!

Sure, But are you not moving the building to make the mod compatible with another? So you are fixing conflicts between two mods.

This is very simple.

You have an esp and you need to make changes to it.  You have two options. You can make changes to the esp itself or you can make the changes via another esp "patch". The second option is your "patch" and you can make one for only one esp if you want to.

Yes it's very possible. If you have CSE (Construction Set Extender) it's super easy also. Works just like making a patch for two or more mods, just only loading one mod to master of of. Simply load whatever plugin you want to edit with CSE. But, don't make it an active file. Go in, make whatever changes you want to make. Save, Save as ESP, name your new patch plugin, and Save.

In this way you can edit a single mod and make the patch mastered to that mod.

Re-reading your original post you did state you had 'various Weye mods' installed (I hope one of them is AFKWeye ;) ). When you installed the new mod (that you want to change) there is a conflict, that wouldn't be there in a vanilla set up. So, the question is, what mod is it conflicting with? That would be the "second" mod of your patch.

Maybe describe the conflict a little more? I could be wrong ...

Oh, and don't forget to ESM-ify the mods that you need to patch.

11 hours ago, Hana said:

Oh, and don't forget to ESM-ify the mods that you need to patch.

And flip them back after. Old school patch making. Ahh the memories. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll certainly take this info into consideration along with Arthmoor's Patch creation tutorial. Hana, yes one of the Weye mods is AFK Weye. I plan on doing a little more investigation on how compatible the old Blacksmith mod is compared to various Weye mod configurations so I can include that info for anyone wanting to use the old location instead. At least MO2 will be helpful with that, as I'm currently using that to organize my Oblivion mods as I liked it so much when using it for Skyrim.

Just one question, though. As I'm still learning how to use the Construction Set, do I have to run the Extender separately or have CS include that somehow?

Construction Set Extender is basically an OBSE plugin. Once you have it, and the required prerequisites correctly installed, you can point your existing CS desktop shortcut to launch CSE instead. It's all fairly easy to setup and the documentation clear. 

Ok, thanks for the info Mhahn, much appreciated. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a bit more work on the mod - In my further investigation, I checked the other Master Smithy room. The first room was rather empty and the other room where the master smith used to live didn't look much like it was lived in (no place for clothes, cooking, etc.) Not only that, there were no pathgrids! So I'm gonna be fixing that up to look more livable and allow for companions. Heck, I'm even thinking of possibly adding the Master Smith as an NPC there to give you training till he dies.. LOL More learning to do....