Noob Trying to Update Alternate Life Using Vortex

BauxCars

Look, I'm a complete noob when it comes to Mods. That over with, I've looked at the knowledge base and there's nothing in there on this and I expect that there will eventually be more folks like me asking how to do this with mods migrating here for updates. I'm running Vortex and do not want to try going to something else as I'm in the middle of a playthrough. Rather than mess up my game by opening the latest zip files and copying them to 4.1.4  directory, can someone be kind enough to tell me a good way to download the file from here and use vortex to load the update without breaking anything, please? If this is the wrong forum, let me know or point me in the right direction please. 

Hi there and welcome to AFKMods. Enjoy your stay. :wave:

While I don't use Vortex I have read up on its usage enough to offer a suggestion. This is what I would do;

- Download the update of LAL from here
- Disable the current version of LAL from the Mods page of Vortex
- Drag and drop the updated archive into the "Drop Files" section of the Mods page
- Install the new file. At this point Vortex may prompt the External Changes dialogue popup as it overwrites the files to the current version. Allow it to Apply. If it doesn't, just Enable and Deploy the updated version and remove the old version

No, this will not disrupt any current game saves you have.