ESO sale

LeBurns

7 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

Heh, this reminds me so much of all the folks back in the early Morrowind days who felt lost in the beginning.  Same problem, different game.  :lol:

Aldmeru Dominion is my favorite of the three main faction questlines.   Once in Khenarthi's Roost, speak to Razum-dar.  He will guide you through the quest line.  This picture of him on his UESP page will help you identify him: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Razum-dar   

Good luck!

Ah yes.  I returned the cube!  MW main quest should be about done right? (man I really loved that MQ, but it was so long...)

I didn't see him on the beach.  I guess I'll need to move around.  But it's really weird.  Players are just randomly attacking NPC's that are just standing around and going into battle with them.  I have no idea why or why these NPC's just leave me alone.  Maybe those players were given quest to take them out?  Just weird seeing all that happening around you when I'm just looking for loot laying around the shipwrecks.

5 hours ago, LeBurns said:

I didn't see him on the beach. 

He's not on the beach. He's in Eagles's Strand, the first settlement you encounter.  It's the settlement with all the NPC's next to the beach.   I'm guessing you got there by doing the original Coldharbour tutorial quest that deposits you in Khenarthi's Roost? If so, he's standing right in front of you when you exit the building, after being transported back to Tamriel. 

6 hours ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

He's not on the beach. He's in Eagles's Strand, the first settlement you encounter.  It's the settlement with all the NPC's next to the beach.   I'm guessing you got there by doing the original Coldharbour tutorial quest that deposits you in Khenarthi's Roost? If so, he's standing right in front of you when you exit the building, after being transported back to Tamriel. 

That's weird.  When I went through the 'gate' I was dropped on a beach.  No one around me at all except random NPC's getting attacked by random players.  The pics I posted above are about 10 feet from where I was dropped off.  No idea where a settlement is.  Guess I'll go look for it.

I know when I was trying the game out with my brothers account I rolled a Nord and went to that Nord village.  I started out inside some house with some Dunmer immediately giving me some tasks about the fighters guild or something.  This time I was just dropped with no one around me at all to talk to.

Still not sure what to do with all this stuff in my inventory.  Afraid to just destroy it since I don't know what I need and don't need, so my inventory is staying rather full.

Okay I got going some.  Found that Khajiit and started a couple missions.  Cleared the water temple and I really have to watch it cause I keep picking up random side quests.  Gotta focus.

20210821192019_1.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Okay I got going some.  Found that Khajiit and started a couple missions.  Cleared the water temple and I really have to watch it cause I keep picking up random side quests.  Gotta focus.

20210821192019_1.jpg

Your looking good mate, is that kitten behind you your pet.

6 hours ago, Uncus said:

Your looking good mate, is that kitten behind you your pet.

Yeah I got it for some crowns.  Thought it would go good with my Warden role-play.  It's kind of worthless though, cute, but worthless.  I got some other stuff also but honestly have no idea how to use potions or anything else.  I just shoot things with a bow and run.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow-up to this thread.

I have stopped playing for now.  Still at starter location and around level 6.  I've done several of the main quests listed and some side quests.  Quests are fine as is for an MMO, better than most, so no problem there.  The other players I can ignore well enough.

The only real issue is the character inventory and stats.  I have no idea what most the items in my inventory really do BECAUSE I have no idea what most my stats mean.  Are they good stats?  Bad stats?  I put on a new piece of armor and all I can go by is 'Green arrows good, Red arrows bad'?  I don't know what to do with most the stuff in my inventory and I have no place to put it yet.  (I mean seriously when do I get a house or chest or something to dump this stuff in?).

I may yet pick it up again as I am still looking for something to play.  Just not sure what my goals are for developing my character since I have no idea what anything is.  I just have thousands and thousands of points in this and that and I have no idea if that's even good or not.

Anyway it's clearly going to take a lot of research and trial/error to figure it all out, and I'm just not sure I want to put that much into it.  But I'll try it again, just to see if everything just 'snaps' into place all the sudden.  Right now it's just hard to get into the character when I don't know my character's abilities.

It took me awhile to get into ESO at first.  The game is massive.  And I'd say it is more complex than the single-player games as well.  Oblivion and Skyrim are more casual, newbie-friendly games when compared to present-day  ESO, in my opinion.  There are still many things about the game I haven't experienced and don't fully understand.  I have decided to see my time in ESO as an ongoing, gradual journey towards greater knowledge, rather than as a game I "master" or "beat". 

Some folks are going to be less comfortable with this learning process than others.  I am one who relishes the idea that I have a lot to learn.  Learning more about the game is almost like a kind of main quest for me.  But I understand that it can feel frustrating to others who don't share my attitude. 

The UESP has  some valuable info about ESO, if you get stuck on something.  I consult it pretty frequently.  I also watch videos by people like Lucky Ghost, Brah We Got This, Tamrielle and others.  Watching Let's Plays, build videos, and videos about patch updates helps new information sink into my aging brain almost by osmosis.  :)

I pre ordered ( yes I know I have paid penance for my crimes at the shrine of Talos) ESO years ago before launch, I was really looking forward to it. But when it arrived I was disappointed and did not like it, I did not even redeem my bonus content. After reading the experiences of others here I decided dig out the DVD box and installed it, after the gods know how long and feeding the four DVD's into my PC it was finally updated to the most recent build. I started it up and looked around, still don't like the controls or better said the inventory screens but persevered a bit. Now I may give it a another chance.

So here is Uncus, any body know if you can import pre-sets into ESO.

image.thumb.png.61176cf39caf1eb601445eb2909d1cc6.png

• 2 months later...

I really don't know about importing presets. It took me a while to get into ESO also. The game was buggy as hell at launch and it took them quite a bit of time to iron things out. I've been an off and on player and tend to get into the new chapter releases. Then fade out for a while. Opened up ESO for the first time in months this morning and realized I hadn't played since the Champion Point system was revised. So my play time consisted of setting up CP and skills for every one of my characters. Fun, fun. Maybe tomorrow I can actually play for a bit.

Here is one of my 9 toons. Orc Stam DK that I primarily use for solo overland stuff. But he works well for group content also. Not the top dog for DPS but respectable and very resilient.

Screenshot (6).png

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, nabatau24 said:

I'm not sure if you can really role-play in this game or if you just min/max everything to grind through tougher enemies.

Elder Scrolls Online is no different than the single player games in this respect.  If power gaming is how someone approaches single-player games then power gaming is probably how they will play MMOs as well.  Accordingly, if roleplaying is how someone approaches single player games then they are very likely to be a player who roleplays in MMOs.  

I recall certain people complaining two decades ago that they were "forced" to grind in Morrowind.  Later, certain folks complained that Oblivion "forced" them into adopting "efficient leveling" strategies.  Certain folks will tell you that you have to race to end game when you play an MMO.  I firmly believe that games cannot force us to do these things.  If we do these things, and if we do not like doing these things, it is our own fault.    

Myself, I play MMOs as though they were vast and complicated single-player games.  I go my own way, make up my own stories, just as I do in single-player games.  I don't min-max when I play a single-player game and I see no reason to min-max when I play an MMO either.  Do I go everywhere and get every bit of loot when I play an MMO this way? No, I do not.  But I don't go everywhere and get every bit of loot when I roleplay in a single-player game either.  

In short,  I believe that we do not have to min-max in any game, whether it be a single-player game or an MMO.  I believe that we always have control over our actions.  

Edited by Pseron Wyrd

On 8/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, LeBurns said:

Got it.  Still installing ...

I think I want to play a Wood Elf Warden, though I'm not sure if you can really role-play in this game or if you just min/max everything to grind through tougher enemies.

and then :

8 hours ago, nabatau24 said:

I think I want to play a Wood Elf Warden, though I'm not sure if you can really role-play in this game or if you just min/max everything to grind through tougher enemies. 

Looks like a bot, as it's just copying a prior post. I can't figure out what the two added lines are attempting, possibly just link spam. I'm not clicking them, whatever they are.

Any idea why I can't edit my post above without getting the input text trapped in the quote? I expected to hit the quote button to end the current quote but that just start a new nested one. There has to be a way of telling the editor you're done with quoting, but it's not intuitive.

Edited by ghastley
Extra content

Yes, it was either a bot or a sleeper account. The links were definitely no good.