Lore section?

Talyn82

It's very late at night and this idea just popped into my head.  How about adding a Lore section for both the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, where lore enthusiast's can gather and discuss?  The original Bethesda forum had such a thread so did the recently defunct forum.  Just an idea I threw out here.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2021 at 2:43 AM, Uncus said:

Why not make the thread and see f it floats.

Sorry for the late reply.  There's been a heat wave over here in the US, and I don't do so well under such extreme heat.  But where would I post this thread?

There are already whole websites, wikis, reddit forums and blogs dedicated to Fallout and Elder Scroll lore.  Do we really need a thread here, too?

Well not a lore library section per say, as there are an abundance of sites out there, but a place where someone could ask a question, get some feedback and such.  Much of the lore in TES can be inconsistent and worth discussing (thankfully not nearly as bad as FO where BGS just makes up anything to sell more stuff in FO76).

For example I could ask "Orcs, ugly elves or oversized goblinkin?", as there are lore sources indicating both.  And from there you could discuss which currently makes more sense.

2 hours ago, LeBurns said:

Well not a lore library section per say, as there are an abundance of sites out there, but a place where someone could ask a question, get some feedback and such.  Much of the lore in TES can be inconsistent and worth discussing (thankfully not nearly as bad as FO where BGS just makes up anything to sell more stuff in FO76).

For example I could ask "Orcs, ugly elves or oversized goblinkin?", as there are lore sources indicating both.  And from there you could discuss which currently makes more sense.

Now there is a good question about Orcs and their Origins and the relationship of all the races to each other for that matter. Suppose for a moment that their is some form of evolutionary process going on. If that is so then all the races are fruit of the same tree for the simple reason that interbreeding is possible and the off spring are fertile and also able to reproduce. That would mean that in the very dim and distant past all the races come from some form of common ancestor.

Just to say, this suggestion is being actively considered by the Admins. We're a bit cautious, however, about opening new sub-forums unless we can be reasonable confident they'll actually be used.

7 hours ago, Uncus said:

Now there is a good question about Orcs and their Origins and the relationship of all the races to each other for that matter. Suppose for a moment that their is some form of evolutionary process going on. If that is so then all the races are fruit of the same tree for the simple reason that interbreeding is possible and the off spring are fertile and also able to reproduce. That would mean that in the very dim and distant past all the races come from some form of common ancestor.

Yep that's the type of y6ttttttttttttttttttttt;  - this is what happens when a kitten wants to be petted while your typing.  Now I'm typing with one hand.

Anyway I don't want to derail the discussion here, but yep that's the type of questions we could ponder.