Deleted Mods Re-Uploaded To Reddit

Caboose

If we see a re-upload of a deleted mod on reddit without permission from the author, is there someone we should tell/contact about it? Does reporting it actually work? Or is that just out of anyone's control?

The original author would need to issue a DMCA takedown notice, which reddit would then enforce.

It's the Maxine Zombie Follower and Adoption mod.
I think Samulis is the author, but they don't seem to be responding to messages on Nexus, so if anyone else knows how to contact Samulis this is where their mod was reuploaded.

If you have the mod I would check the permissions, as they may allow re-upload.

If not, that's a violation of the Sub's "no piracy" rule and should be reported as such. It's then up to the mods there to deal with.

I don't see anything about permissions in the readme but I don't see anything about it being ok to re-upload either. I guess I'll try reporting it.

If there isn't anything specifying permissions they may not do anything about it. Unless the author takes action.

If there's nothing in the readme saying it's ok, then it's not, and definitely should be reported.

True that. And worth a try. Just that I've had this problem and seen how some sites respond very slow to 3rd party reporting. If at all.

Yeah, I highly doubt my report alone will take it down but it wouldn't feel right if I didn't try. Hopefully the mod author catches wind of it or something. 

3rd party reporting is likely to fall on deaf ears in a place like reddit. They very often don't respond to first party reports either unless it's a big company threatening to sue them if nothing is done about it.

Just to clarify, which site took down the stolen content? Reddit pretty much never does that.

"Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/skyrimmods."
"
Mod authors have full copyright on their mods. Therefore, redistributing it without permission is piracy, which is not allowed on r/skyrimmods. There's no point in asking for people to share a mod that they do not have permission to share, so your post has been removed."

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ouqr2l/maxine_zombie_follower_mod_english_sse_no_longer/

Taken down by r/skyrimmods moderator Thallassa 
Looks like reddit took it down