Discord Note on forums Index

Phinnous Ande

Hi @Arthmoor,

A new member here, just noticed your notification about not giving out the Discord address. Following your moving to Discord from the chat system which was present natively in the forums. I thought what is the reason behind this, is it because they want it just for forum members?

If so there's now several different integrations for linking authentication from IPB to Discord, so only forum members can access the server created for this forum. However I recon this (Brilliant Discord Integration - Bridges and Integration - Invision Community) could be right, as when configured correctly. The Discord server could be made so that the appropriate sections are only visible if a member coming from AFK Mods, along with several other things.

Just something to consider as it has many useful features and is an authentication link in for IPB and Discord. Has had several updates one of which was recently during July 2021.

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

Phinnous Ande

Yeah, it's mainly that we wanted to reserve it for the forum membership, which is why the link is only visible to registered members.

I appreciate the suggestion of the IPB-Discord bridge package, but that price seems way out of line for what's being offered. Still, it's something to keep in mind down the road I suppose.