Gruffydd's Signs and Posters now available

Gruffydd

As some of you noticed, my mod GS&P is now available here.

But whoops! I uploaded the wrong version.

I've now fixed that. Please go back and get version 4.02 if you had previously downloaded 4.03 from here.

Sorry about that!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on a big update (it's actually been in the works for a couple of months, but the recent situation delayed it a bit), and I have to say, I'm very happy with how it's turning out so far.

Instead of one big mod with bunches of stuff in it, it's going to be available as a core mod, with a bunch of add-ons that plug right in to it, grouped by theme. So, all of the food and drink stuff together, all of the entertainment together, and so on. Faction-specific stuff will be grouped by faction, so if you're doing a Minutemen-heavy build, and don't need a bunch of stuff for the BoS and Institute, you can use the FactionsMinutemen add-on and ignore the other two.

There are probably going to be about a dozen different plug-ins when I'm done. My goal is to make all of them .esl files, so that they don't count against the mod limit.

In addition to the new structure, there are going to be somewhere between 100 and 200 new items (I haven't counted), spread throughout the different categories. Hopefully there will be something new for everyone.

I'm hoping to have the whole thing done, tested, and ready to go by Halloween.

47 minutes ago, Gruffydd said:

I've been working on a big update (it's actually been in the works for a couple of months, but the recent situation delayed it a bit), and I have to say, I'm very happy with how it's turning out so far.

Instead of one big mod with bunches of stuff in it, it's going to be available as a core mod, with a bunch of add-ons that plug right in to it, grouped by theme. So, all of the food and drink stuff together, all of the entertainment together, and so on. Faction-specific stuff will be grouped by faction, so if you're doing a Minutemen-heavy build, and don't need a bunch of stuff for the BoS and Institute, you can use the FactionsMinutemen add-on and ignore the other two.

There are probably going to be about a dozen different plug-ins when I'm done. My goal is to make all of them .esl files, so that they don't count against the mod limit.

In addition to the new structure, there are going to be somewhere between 100 and 200 new items (I haven't counted), spread throughout the different categories. Hopefully there will be something new for everyone.

I'm hoping to have the whole thing done, tested, and ready to go by Halloween.

This might just pull me back into FO4 again you have peaked my curiosity.

I'm sure someone has done this by now, but I realized that I hadn't, so I whipped up a version of the Welcome Home sign from the old promo video to add to the upcoming release. I think I matched it up pretty well, other than it being a wall sign instead of sticking up from a rooftop. And of course the dirt/rust/scratching isn't matched up, because I'm just not that anal. So I made my own. :)

WelcomeHome.thumb.png.5f6da66aa3825f479d327ebf961cf384.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gruffydd said:

the dirt/rust/scratching isn't matched up

It looks fantastic to me.  Great job!  :beer:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update... so far it appears to be on track for that Halloween release.

I decided to re-do Signs of the Times (my vanilla sign mod) to merge it in with GS&P as one of the "plugins", and at the same time to add in as many of the signs and posters that I missed the first time around because a) I couldn't find where they were in the menu structure, b) I couldn't find a mesh built for them, or c) it was just too much of a hassle. Now that years have passed, I'm a lot more familiar with the menu structure, I've learned how to edit the UV mesh to allow me to get at parts of a texture that I still can't find a pre-built mesh for, and I've learned how to do material replacers, which saves a ton of time.

So, not only will the new version have a bunch of new custom stuff, it will have a bunch of new vanilla stuff too.

I'm still not entirely clear on how to package it all as a ba2 instead of loose files, as the only time I tried, (I thought) following the instructions I found, it didn't work. So, when I get to that point, if someone would be willing to walk me through that process or direct me to a detailed step-by-step with examples so I can see how things have to be formatted, I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Getting close to releasing this one. Lots of new stuff added, including this new settlement sign for whatever settlement you want this to be.

(Just the sign, not the post... I stuck it to a highway sign, but you could put it on a wall, over an archway, whatever...)

image.thumb.png.9c93a397864c7e35348a6a99f8e5e6d5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, testing has been hitting some snags, and I think it's because my tester is using MO2, which does not play well with my mod.

Is there anyone who is not using MO2 who would be willing to do a test install of my mod to see if it works for them? I'm still not sure if the new version will work for others (it worked perfectly on my machine when I did an install from file using NMM community version, but all that tells me is that it worked on my machine).

If you can wait a couple weeks, I can do some testing.  My game is lightly modded.  Just a couple dozen, half of which are my own.  I maintain my load order manually using Xedit for conflict identification. 

I'd be willing to test as well. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Your original sign set has been a staple in all of my settlements for as long as I can remember. :)

Sometime in the next few days I'll upload a few files for testing.

The current format is that there is a base master file, and then a number of plugins.

They all worked great when I installed them from file using NMM Community Version, but did not work at all when a friend tried with MO2 (apparently MO2 doesn't like my folder names, and constantly renames them, which breaks all of the object paths).

So, if you're using MO2, I'm looking for whether or not you're able to do a manual install, and if you're using anything else, I'm looking for whether or not you can do a quick and easy install from files.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back. Had a bit of a health issue, but that's mostly healed. I'll be uploading the files for testing hopefully in the next few days.

See the post in the mod's thread for details on all of this.

• 3 months later...