game becomes unstable going back into Vault 111

Sah

hello

don't know if this has been bought up before but I'm experiencing a major issue going back down into Vault 111 to get the Cryo weapon

every time I try to either Vault 111 I end up with a black screen that is frozen and the game wont continue or if it dose load up I lose all sound

PS all other Vaults load fine ... its only vault 111 that does this

can any one help?

I can make a small video showing this glitch in action

NOTE to moderators: so sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hi Sah. Just now I visited V111 and got the Cyroweapon. (My character is level 99 and forgot to get it. :-) ). I encountered no problems. So I am uncertain.

Maybe it is a mod or cc that is causing the problem. (My main mods are the Unofficial patch, Home Maker and Settlement objects expanded. Plus my mods and some of Skk's mods.)

Weird, I've never had any issues with returning to Vault 111 to get the cryo weapon either.

• Like 2

I have had problems once or twice similar to this, they were all mod related, its bin a while so not sure anymore but any mod that alters the cell where the vault entrance is or the surrounding cells ( Sanctuary for instance would be good candidates.

so if I was using a mod that for example adds extra special points :bigcookie:

Mod Description: Choose how many special points to start with. Do you want the same start as Fallout 3? A godlike set of 10's across the board? Or a crippling 1 in every stat?

would that play a role going back into Vault 111?

will make a 30sec video later today

Well you never know with a Beth game, but I would think that this particular mod would not affect the game in the way you describe. I would expect a mod that extended the buildable area of sanctuary or made the area around the vault entrance buildable, or a scrapping mod for that area and just plain over building within the existing building area. I break my game a lot by doing stuff in the settlement building department Beth never intended to be possible. Sometimes I never find the culprit and have to start all over again, I have also found that it is a good practice to save before using a door that opens from one cell to another as random crashes often occurs then but reloading and using the door again lets you enter the new cell why I have know idea.

40 minutes ago, Helgatheangel said:

I don't think that special points would cause weird crashes in Vault 111. I can give myself Special Points and Perk Points with the Cheat Terminal.

I enable that and a few others before leaving Vault 111. It never caused problems with the Vault when returning later.

By the way - have you looked at the Cheat Terminal as a possible mod? You can do so much with it.....

I like and use DavesMods - In Game ESP Explorer Maintenance

I can accesses anything I want even when Im in game it just brings up a menu with all the DLC's and mods that are installed, witch I can get any piece or chem ext I want any time I want anywhere I want

• 3 weeks later...